I'm new... kinda.

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

Incorrect as well. GameArts made the originals. The rest were farmed out. Kadokawa Shoten for the Saturn/PS remakes (though GA's had a big role in those at least), while Lunar Legend was developed by Media Ring and Genesis was done by another company (that I can't even remember offhand now)
-G1

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Ghaleon101 wrote:
Nall.TWK wrote:I'd love to see another Lunar game. But one done by the same people who did SSSC and EBC. The recent one for DS didn't look like it came from the same people. But I hardly check the credits so correct me if I'm wrong :P. The DS game didn't look good to me imo.
btw WELCOME!
The ds game dragon song was a horrific game. It was not put together well. I don't consider that game a true lunar game because it just did not feel like a lunar game. I am not sure who made the game but whoever did make the game did a horrible job with the game. Not a rpg I would recommend.
due to the good and easy life i've had, i can honestly say that dragon song is one of the biggest disappointments of my life.

also, i thought kadokawa shoten was only responsible for the anime clips.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Oh, my bad, I had always thought that GameArts had a huge part in every game, and as the games progressed other companies jumped on board to help.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

also, i thought kadokawa shoten was only responsible for the anime clips.
Gonzo did the anime for EBC, and another company who I forget (Vanguard I think?) did SSSC's animation.

And phyco, GameArts became more and more limited as the series went on. I think they had a little more of a hand in Dragon Song than they did in Lunar Legend, but they had more to do with the originals than any other title in the series, by far.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hmmmm. Then, if by chance, GameArts did most of the next game, should we expect something as good as possibly the originals or whatever?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

One can only hope. but even if it comes from GameArts it might not come from the actual people who made the original Lunar games(If most of them still work for game arts.) Then you've got another Lunar game you're not sure you'll like, or maybe you'll like it a lot. I say that because when I played Final Fantasy 7 and up, every game after that seemed different, and some were even hard to get used to. Now there's FF12 and the story seems too political and complicated for me to enjoy.
The ds game dragon song was a horrific game. It was not put together well. I don't consider that game a true lunar game because it just did not feel like a lunar game. I am not sure who made the game but whoever did make the game did a horrible job with the game. Not a rpg I would recommend.
Just looking the game made me decide I didn't want to buy it. Like you said, it's not something I could consider a true Lunar game. And it looked disappointing.
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪