Hello fellow Lunar gamers!

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Nall.TWK »

Yeah I-70 has some great views also.
I'd hate to find out what would happen if I drove this truck 80+ through mountain curves in any conditions. You'd hear about me on the news, lol. I've heard one or two rigs rolled over in that area just because of taking those curves too fast.
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I have a digital pic on my harddrive somewhere that shoes a truck on a runaway ramp jack-knifed.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

What part of Colorado do you plan to live?
Not really picky. Obviously, actually living in the mountains, as opposed to next to them would be ideal, but cost-of-living, and the fact that 99% of the jobs are along the frontrange, means probably somewhere between Ft. Collins and Pueblo along the I-25 strip. Along those lines, I'd love to live in Loveland. Being 30 minutes away from Rocky Mountain National Park would be a dream, and I know of a company I could probably get into if I finally decide to go for it. Colorado Springs is the other biggest possibility. I'd take Denver, but man, big city traffic just frustrates me too much, and while Boulder would probably be the best place for my field, I'm just not sure about some of the people that live there. :P Most people from Colorado try to forget Boulder exists sometimes. But admittedly, if the right job came along, I'd consider Denver or Boulder as well. And likely, most of the jobs will come from those two area's.

Oh, and in a smaller car with a stick shift, I-70's curves and ups and downs are really exciting. :P The thing is, going down long hills, you have to speed, assuming there's not a huge amount of twists and turns, because you'll wear your breaks out extremely quick through there.
-G1

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

I think they'd all be good places to live. If possible, You'd probably want to stay away from Denver, mostly because of city traffic. It's crowded, too. But it's not a terrible place to live. if you chose Denver, you'd have no problem finding a job. But I like small towns better. That's why I'd like to go back to Montana. They're nothing but small towns. Plus I have friends there.
I don't know much about Boulder, no one talks about it. But today when I took a road test to drive a truck solo, I was on a lane exiting to Boulder, and the guy testing me said, "Move over a lane, I don't want to go back to Boulder." :P
Oh, and in a smaller car with a stick shift, I-70's curves and ups and downs are really exciting. Razz The thing is, going down long hills, you have to speed, assuming there's not a huge amount of twists and turns, because you'll wear your breaks out extremely quick through there.
one or two weeks ago I almost drove down hill on I-70's long 7% grades, but a sign said "All commercial vehicles must exit." and I went on a detour instead. I think there might've been a bad accident there. But I have driven a semi down there when I was in Truck School a while back. the trailer was empty and I still had to use those brakes a lot, even in lower gear.
I have a digital pic on my harddrive somewhere that shoes a truck on a runaway ramp jack-knifed.
That I'd like to see, I hear they take a lot of damage using those ramps. I hope I never have to use them(but at least they're there if I need them) or you might have another picture on your hard drive, lol.
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I'd rather the truck be torn to pieces than have it tear the road and 5 or 6 cars in front of it up.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."