nice to see people still love the game

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
LunarOnline
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

nice to see people still love the game

Post by LunarOnline »

hello everybody, my name is Chris Burian and i will be working on a Lunar mmorpg combining the original lunar and Lunar 2 into a larger world, we will be using the original sega cd sprites, there will be more monsters, and insane number of different quests, new items, new cities including a capitol city where the staff will be to answer all your questions in game, a pvp arena where there will be a yearly tournament in which you will be able to win large cash prizes, more magic and when i mean larger world i mean were expanding like no one business, the original lunar maps were a tick compared to what we have planned. This will be a huge project and we will have our website up and running sometime during December, Our company is located in St.Catharines Ontario and we are accepting job applications for online employees. I hope i will enjoy my stay here and ill keep n touch! :) feel free to pm me or add me to msn or ICQ with any concerns or questions you may have as well.

P.S. yes i know there already is someone making a lunar online apparently, i hope this will not cause any problems since our version will be of a larger magnitude and will be more accurate towards the originals, at worst case we will just change the name
Progress Of LunarOnline - Planning Stage

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Go for it. I recently went back to college and work full time so I'm about out of time at the moment. And you may be able to make your game larger but I garuntee you mine would be more accurate to the history of Lunar. I doubt you have a better Lunar historian than Sir Kizyr helping you.

LunarOnline
Burg Farmer

Post by LunarOnline »

WD RPG WD wrote:Go for it. I recently went back to college and work full time so I'm about out of time at the moment. And you may be able to make your game larger but I garuntee you mine would be more accurate to the history of Lunar. I doubt you have a better Lunar historian than Sir Kizyr helping you.
we shall see won't we

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, it's impossible to find a better Lunar historian than Kizyr, especially when you've got Rune, Alunissage, and others inputting. Having Kiz with his knowledge of what's being said in the Japanese novels, manga, artbook interviews, and so on is invaluable.

That said, looking forward to see what you accomplish LunarOnline. It seems there's a lot of folks trying to work on fan-based Lunar games lately. Should be interesting to see what pans out.

And Wd, good luck on college. I didn't know you started up. I hope things work out for you on that end!
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I forget... when was Kizyr knighted again?

Well, good luck on your project. I know I would be interested in trying it out when it's done.

LunarOnline
Burg Farmer

Post by LunarOnline »

Werefrog wrote:I forget... when was Kizyr knighted again?

Well, good luck on your project. I know I would be interested in trying it out when it's done.
unless you sign up for the beta lol you can buy it at any game retail store once were done testing :P might be a while tho

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

LunarOnline wrote: unless you sign up for the beta lol you can buy it at any game retail store once were done testing :P might be a while tho
Umm... I don't believe you can sell derivative works at retail without the creators' approval (note: that would be impossible). The world of Lunar is not Open Source. Sorry to burst your bubble. If you go through with this project, it's going to be a labor of love-- not for monetary value.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

please don't get my hopes up for no reason. you MUST complete this. also, since this could be AWESOME, i see no reason kizyr and the lot shouldn't help this guy out as well.

LunarOnline
Burg Farmer

Post by LunarOnline »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:please don't get my hopes up for no reason. you MUST complete this. also, since this could be AWESOME, i see no reason kizyr and the lot shouldn't help this guy out as well.
i'm open for suggestions as i stated in my introduction, would be nice if they did unless there taking sides and i know this is not that kind of forum with mean people and we are paying royalties for use of original sprites and music werefrog lol

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Werefrog wrote:I forget... when was Kizyr knighted again?
About 10 years ago. Though I abdicated my knighthood about 5 years ago due to serious disagreements with royalty. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Kizyr wrote: About 10 years ago. Though I abdicated my knighthood about 5 years ago due to serious disagreements with royalty. KF
Oh, so about the same time as Sir Elton John.

So wait... you guys have actually received permission for this? Or you are going to? Companies are pretty protective of their intellectual property. I'm impressed that you guys were able to do that. If your game creating skills are half as good as your negotiating skills, I'm sure it'll be a great game.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

LunarOnline wrote:i'm open for suggestions as i stated in my introduction, would be nice if they did unless there taking sides and i know this is not that kind of forum with mean people and we are paying royalties for use of original sprites and music werefrog lol
Use punctuation.

Seriously. It's hard to understand you, and it doesn't come across as very credible if you have a difficult time using English.

That's my first suggestion. Once I can understand what you're saying, I'll likely have some more. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

LunarOnline
Burg Farmer

Post by LunarOnline »

Kizyr wrote:
LunarOnline wrote:i'm open for suggestions as i stated in my introduction, would be nice if they did unless there taking sides and i know this is not that kind of forum with mean people and we are paying royalties for use of original sprites and music werefrog lol
Use punctuation.

Seriously. It's hard to understand you, and it doesn't come across as very credible if you have a difficult time using English.

That's my first suggestion. Once I can understand what you're saying, I'll likely have some more. KF
wow :?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You've got the shape right, but " :? " is not actually punctuation.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Come on guys...

Though I am curious who you got the permission to use Lunar's intellectual property from. I know Lunar's harder than most. WD themselves had to go through hoops on approval just for the Ghaleon puppet if I recall Vic's words correctly. And I'm under the impression the powers that be behind Lunar are pretty protective.
-G1

LunarOnline
Burg Farmer

Post by LunarOnline »

GhaleonOne wrote:Come on guys...

Though I am curious who you got the permission to use Lunar's intellectual property from. I know Lunar's harder than most. WD themselves had to go through hoops on approval just for the Ghaleon puppet if I recall Vic's words correctly. And I'm under the impression the powers that be behind Lunar are pretty protective.
lets just say it took over 4 months of phone calls to make it happen, and a lot of headaches.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

LunarOnline wrote:
GhaleonOne wrote:Come on guys...

lets just say it took over 4 months of phone calls to make it happen, and a lot of headaches.
You didn't answer the question.

From whom (as in which company) did you receive permission for commercial use of Lunar's intellectual property? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, welcome to the forums! I'm not going to hold my breath, it seems failry implausible that most of what you say has any truth to it, but I certainly won't discount anything you say out right either. :)

Kizyr, were you honestly knighted?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

as they say in the x-files....i want to believe.

let this be true.