Hello hello

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hello hello

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Hey there, everypeoples!

So I was listening to several Noriyuki Iwadare OSTs last night, including Lunar and Lunar 2, and got to wondering if there was a forum full of Lunar fans somewhere that I could join. Looks like I've found the place! I've had SSSC and EBC for years, and over the summer I finally managed to snag a Sega CD with TSS and EB. That and with SSH, my Lunar fannitude is at quite a high.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to spending time here!

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Hello hello

Post by Quark »

Welcome! I'm sure you will enjoy yourself here.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I'm new around here too (but not to the Lunar fandom) and I just wanted to say Welcome! :mrgreen:

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Welcome welcome welcome! ^_^ *gives Vyse of Arcadia a welcome cookie*

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Welcome to the forums!

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Hello! Hope you enjoy your time here!

That reminds me...I really need to get back into SoA.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I noticed you as one of the newest inductees on the notification menu, so very much welcome to the fold. Fantastic profile image, and SoA is beyond awesome. Sometimes I feel like replaying the game from scratch but then I wouldn't be able to access the Cupil choms without a headache.

One of the many games that needs a sequel, or an even better remake than the Gamecube version. I only have the Dreamcast version, and don't need the GC one. I should see how it looks on my Plasma with the VGA cable.

I'm very glad to hear you got around to playing the original Sega CD Lunars, and IMO the best versions both in style and sound. TSS especially!

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I feel at home already. My favorite forum (a Xenogears one) has more or less died, and I've been looking for a new place to spend my time online. I think this fits the bill quite nicely.

My, but you guys have excellent taste in RPGs. Skies is a game I actually own thrice. I have the NA Dreamcast and GameCube releases, and, around the same time I picked up both Sega CD Lunars, I bought a Japanese Eternal Arcadia Limited Box. Once I get the time I'm going to sit back and enjoy that with a VGA cable.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

The forums can stagnate at times, and I seem to be one of few avid posters as of late but I tend to disappear for 10,000 years while I try to conquer earth. Any new Lunar info tends to bring us out of the woodwork. It's a shame we can't get a major influx of new members as people tend to disappear, and things can slow to a crawl.

We specialize in Lunar, but as you can tell we have general and various discussion boards. I forgot about the Limited Edition Arcadia Box, and I thought you were going to give that to your best friend who you never met and just turned 30, huh, huh? :mrgreen:

Throw some pictures up when you get the chance, because I forgot the contents. I was looking to buy it when it first appeared but for whatever reason I decided against it. I'll trade you my Limited Edition Japanese Grandia set + Digital Museum for it...... no, I really wouldn't. :P I still want to see those pictures of it, but I guess I could also search the net.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Silver Phoenix wrote:The forums can stagnate at times, and I seem to be one of few avid posters as of late but I tend to disappear for 10,000 years while I try to conquer earth. Any new Lunar info tends to bring us out of the woodwork. It's a shame we can't get a major influx of new members as people tend to disappear, and things can slow to a crawl.

We specialize in Lunar, but as you can tell we have general and various discussion boards. I forgot about the Limited Edition Arcadia Box, and I thought you were going to give that to your best friend who you never met and just turned 30, huh, huh? :mrgreen:

Throw some pictures up when you get the chance, because I forgot the contents. I was looking to buy it when it first appeared but for whatever reason I decided against it. I'll trade you my Limited Edition Japanese Grandia set + Digital Museum for it...... no, I really wouldn't. :P I still want to see those pictures of it, but I guess I could also search the net.
Well, the problem with the Xenogears forum was that not only was it stagnating, various internal rifts and divisions started to appear. A couple of couples of active members and mods started dating each other, and nasty breakups occurred. A couple of popular members were either banned or left in a huff and took people with them. Most of the rest of the active members had life happen to them (deaths of people close to them, got into college/grad school/demanding jobs, got married, et cetera) and just disappeared. And then the owner closed registrations due to a spambot problem, so there are no newbies trickling in whatsoever, even with the recent announcement regarding Xenoblade.

I came prepared for that request. I took those when I first got it to share on the interwebs. Just turned 30, eh? Congratulations! Or, my condolences if you take that to be a negative thing. To celebrate you should go ahead and order a Limited Box. I got mine for just under $100, complete and in excellent condition.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I never played any Xenogears, and I'm sorry the forums turned into an incestuous soap opera. I don't think there's any coupling going on here so I think you'll be alright.

I wonder why it was called Eternal Arcadia in Japan, and if that was the original name from the start. I can't remember. It's a nice set for sure, but I'm fine with what I got. I'd have no room for it anyway. Thanks for the pictures as I'm sure others will appreciate them as well.

SilentApprovalRobot
Reza Thief

Post by SilentApprovalRobot »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:Hey there, everypeoples!

So I was listening to several Noriyuki Iwadare OSTs last night, including Lunar and Lunar 2, and got to wondering if there was a forum full of Lunar fans somewhere that I could join. Looks like I've found the place! I've had SSSC and EBC for years, and over the summer I finally managed to snag a Sega CD with TSS and EB. That and with SSH, my Lunar fannitude is at quite a high.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to spending time here!

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Hello and welcome!

I used to have both the Dreamcast and Game Cube version of Skies of v. My brother borrowed the Dreamcast version so I'll probably never see that again. And the Game Cube version I need to find a new copy. My dog got a hold of the disk and chewed it up. She did the same with Lunar The Silver Star *shakes fist* DO NOT TOUCH MY LUNAR STUFF DOG! :x