It's a new member! :)

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Nonononoki
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

It's a new member! :)

Post by Nonononoki »

Hi,

my name is Nono and I'm the newest member in this deserted forum.
I've played Lunar Legends, Lunar Silver Star Harmony and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete and became a big Lunar fan rather quickly. I'm still hopeful that Game Arts will bring out a new Lunar sometime in the future (Lunar is still depicted on their homepage).

I'm also a pianist and have covered some songs of Lunar. You can listen to them here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... CGFK1w5Oat

That's me! :)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: It's a new member! :)

Post by Kizyr »

Welcome! Sorry that there hasn't been a lot of activity lately... combination of vacations, business trips, work, etc. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Welcome! Your piano covers are really good! Recollection is one of my favorite Lunar songs, and I think you did a wonderful job covering it. :)

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Thank you for sharing your videos!! Yes, we need more remade Lunar music from the fans.
Even I have done some Lunar music for fun (digitally). Maybe I should just upload those to Youtube.

BTW, in the video "Lunar - Silver Star Story -[Sad Piano Theme]- Piano cover" should say "The Silver Star" instead of "Silver Star Story" since it's unique to the Sega CD game, right?

As for sequels or new remakes of Lunar, there are so many copyright and monetary problems with the series that's preventing it from fully existing today... *sigh*
I know nothing about laws, but I know one thing and that is that we the fans don't deserve to be caged without Lunar games just because the companies that made the games got into a fight and ripped each other to shreds. Some kind of hero should come in and acquire all the rights necessary and invest all the money necessary to make the next best selling Lunar RPG of our lifetime while still true to its Sega CD/PS1 roots.
*wakes up in drool*

Nonononoki
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Nonononoki »

jay_are wrote:Thank you for sharing your videos!! Yes, we need more remade Lunar music from the fans.
Even I have done some Lunar music for fun (digitally). Maybe I should just upload those to Youtube.
[...]
Are you sure? I just googled "sad piano theme Lunar" and it (only) gave me Lunar:SSS. And please upload moar Lunar music :)

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Wait, upon further investigation... it is in both TSS and SSS!!
How can this be? xD I thought SSS had not reused a thing from TSS.
It is in the ending scene after the final boss and before the epilogue. No need to rename your video then, sorry!
In TSS, this was a sad theme that played at some different parts of the game, not the ending.
Nonononoki wrote:And please upload moar Lunar music
This is where I had put my stuff :P
http://lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5583
In it, I explain that the music is close to NES or GB, but it could also be like Genesis music.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

jay_are wrote:Wait, upon further investigation... it is in both TSS and SSS!!
How can this be? xD I thought SSS had not reused a thing from TSS.
It is in the ending scene after the final boss and before the epilogue. No need to rename your video then, sorry!
In TSS, this was a sad theme that played at some different parts of the game, not the ending.
Well, you are technically right... SSS did not reuse any music from TSS. SSSC -- meaning the WD localization of SSS -- did, though, in three places. The other two are in the Trinity of Terror scene, where Xenobia's/Ghaleon's motif from TSS is added to the end of the scene's music, and Alex's dream about Luna in the forest near Pao, where the voice singing Luna's song during the last dialogue bit of TSS was used.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Alunissage wrote:meaning the WD localization of SSS...
Right! I remember those! I remember the Vile Tribe video being only voice in the PSP version, and I didn't understand why.
Thanks.