Ultraviolet is ultra freakin' BAD....

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.

Ultraviolet the movie: What do you think?

It was great!
No votes
It was really bad!
29%
It was okay.
14%
I only saw it because of Milla. I didn't care if it was good or not.
No votes
I read reviews and decided then not to see it.
No votes
I saw the previews and thought it as horrible then.
29%
I saw the previews, it looks awesome and I plan on seeing it.
29%

Total votes: 7

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Ultraviolet is ultra freakin' BAD....

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hello all,

Well, it's safe to assume my thoughts on this "movie". One that I think that Uwe Boll (sp?) would be proud of.

The movie to give it credit actually started off pretty good. It had that marvel-esque beginning showing various covers of the Ultraviolet comic. Then these big black spheres are dropped out of these aircraft and morph into these cool looking soldiers whom I was assuming were going to tear some stuff up...

After the opening sequence however, the movie just kinda crapped out for lack of better wording. A non spoiler summary of this movie for those of you who don't know... Violet is the main character, once human but is now a "hemophage" (the hemophages were sometimes referred to as vampires, but didn't appear to have any characteristics thereof except the pointy teeth) due to some kind of blood disease. Now that she is a hemophage she is one of many hunted by humans. Her mission is to deliver a secret weapon, but when it turns out to be a human child. She then decides to run and protect the child from the hemophages who want to kill him but also the humans who have some secret purpose involving him. That in itself doesn't sound like a bad movie, so I must elaborate somewhat...

The script is horrendous for starters. The actors are completely emotionless when trying to be emotional...they're completely wooden and hollow. I really didn't care at all about them, and at one point I was hoping that the main character would just die so the movie would end. I love for there to be romance in my movies... if it's done right, not just for the sake of it. It seemed like it was just stuck in for no apparent reason at all. The special effects weren't even that great either, I may be nit picking here, but it looked obviously fake.

There were some neat things about the movie, some of the fight sequences were cool, but became boring and repetative after a couple of them. This movie should've just been 10 minutes because that's about all that was good about it, and that was mainly the fight scenes. Violet herself was pretty cool too. It was neat how she changed colors, but it would've been nice to have a clear explanation as to why. Is that something I'd know if I read the comic? Some of the concepts in it were cool like the dimensional weaponry. Meaning that she had some kind of gadgets on her wrist that could carry an infinite number of weapons and ammo. Also, she had some kind of gravity alterating gizmo on her belt that would've been cool had the CG that followed not been so bad.

Overall, I would give this movie a minus rating out of 10. I'm so glad that I wasn't the one paying for me to see it. At the beginning of the movie there is some narration by Violet saying "I come from a world you may not understand..." yeah, well you also come from a movie plot that is nearly incomprehensible! But, that's probably stated to cover all of the holes in the "plot".

Has anyone else seen this? Do you agree or disagree?

Take care now!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I want to see it, but I will probably forget about the movie and end up never seeing it, thus launching my subconcious into the agony of never seeing something it wanted to see.

Anyway, the title of the post is decieving. I read it as "This movie is BAD!" aka "This movie is off the shizzle my nizzle fo phyzzle ghalizzle" aka "this movie is off the hook" aka "this movie is da bomb yo" aka "The movie was good :)"

:P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Lookin' at the movie, I keep thinkin' she is goin' to say her name is Alice. God I can't wait for the next Resident Evil!

AHEM!

When I first saw the preview I thought it was Aeon Flux, just with a different name. I never saw that, but I will!

I really like Milla as an actress, so at I'll probably buy the movie when it comes out. I do want to see it, bad movie or not.

SHE'S A LEFTIE! I have to be supportin' that yo!
ImageImageImage

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

I looked at the preview. I say, I think I'll be working forward to watch this.
Lucia siggy~

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I be supportin' that too!
8)
I want to see the movie, but I probably won't see it until it comes on regular t.v. (after payperview) I know, I'm cheap. I just don't want to see it that badly.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

NextGenerationLunarFan wrote:

I be supportin' that too!
8)
I want to see the movie, but I probably won't see it until it comes on regular t.v. (after payperview) I know, I'm cheap. I just don't want to see it that badly.

WORD YO! We be livin' it up!

I'm goin' to buy it when it comes out on DVD. I'll just wait till it gets marked down, but I'll buy it none the less.

Good times.
ImageImageImage