Lunar Full-length Motion Picture

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.

Live Action or Animated?

Live action
3%
Animated
97%

Total votes: 29

hob
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Full-length Motion Picture

Post by hob »

Do you think that the Lunar series will ever reach the level of popularity that a movie would be made and run in theaters? Live action or animated? Would it be a new story, or a film-remake of one of the games?

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Lunar Full-length Motion Picture

Post by Katze »

hob wrote: Do you think that the Lunar series will ever reach the level of popularity that a movie would be made and run in theaters? Live action or animated? Would it be a new story, or a film-remake of one of the games?

Lunar would never get that popular, in the U.S. or in Japan. Unless Game Arts managed to make another Lunar game and it was as successful as, say, Final Fantasy VII.

Silentcrisis
BANNED

Post by Silentcrisis »

i voted for live action because if i wanted to watch it animated id just use the rememberizer remus gave me

it could do well in theatres if its a good movie to begin with

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Animate the puppy.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Oathkeeper
Burg Farmer

Post by Oathkeeper »

No, Lunar will never be that popular. Really, I blame the fact that GameArts hasn't come out with a good one since the sequel.
Also, Lunar is old school and has always been beautiful in its own way...but unfortunately nobody likes a good sprite anymore. It's all about how many polygons the game uses up.
So, if a Lunar game was released in 3-D at the time of a console launch and keeps its fantastic graphics unparalleled for a year or so (before they age horribly), and if enough children who have never played an RPG before in their life happen to stumble upon the add campaigns...then maybe it could get that popular.
Anywho, I would like an animated Lunar movie the best, and it would need to either be about the main Lunar games (Silver Star or Eternal Blue) or have a whole new story completely. But nothing in-between, when I say new story I mean a whole new cast of characters as well.

Mog Dragonheart
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mog Dragonheart »

I was always against Live-Action. I always hated live-action for their crappy quality and their crappy acting and their ever-so crappy scripts when it came to video games BUT we're in a new age and films like LoTR and Hero and all those other epic styled movies with lots of medival action look so damn beautiful and are so damn beautiful I'd sure as hell LOVE it. With a good budget and the BEST of animators (not some sci-fi channel rejects. I'm talking LoTR BABY) and an above average cast it will be definately a big thing. It wouldn't be a new successful game that would get it a movie but a successful movie that would get it a new game.

That's all pretty much freakin far fetched BUT the characters, the basic plot, the setting, and everything is all pretty much there. You just gotta write a script for it, now I'm saying this to Lunar fans cuz I'm pretty sure some of you could come up with ideas for what's good and be on the same wave lengths. It would definately change the whole anime-ish image of Lunar which I don't mind. I'm into change right now and mixing it all up.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

An animated one about the events before SSSC would be cool.

dragonmaster_jonathan
Reza Thief

Post by dragonmaster_jonathan »

seeing real people and dragon costumes in a lunar movie is something i wouldnt want to... see. I think animation would be cooler and worth watching.

8)
I'm baaaack....

punkabof1
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by punkabof1 »

I always hated live-action for their crappy quality and their crappy acting and their ever-so crappy scripts

I agree . . . just look at what they've done to sailor moon

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7486678908688809771&q=sailormoon

It sorta reminds me of power rangers. Don't you guys love puppet talking luna? The girls are cute. But what the hell is wrong with that guys hands? Just look how he's holdin them. When I first saw that evil queen lady i though she was a man :shock:.

If lunar ever becomes a Live action movie it should never be like this

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

I hate live action, so animation.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Only in the nigh, unreachable, fathomless depths of surreal human imagination could Lunar become a full-length motion picture. However, I would love to see it... and another game. :cry:
P.S. Has anyone seen my avatar? :shock:
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

P.S. Has anyone seen my avatar? Shocked

Dude, seriously, why do you keep asking that in every post? People can see it. It's the same image as the wallpaper in the All the Lunar section on LunarNET.
-G1

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by HiroOne »

I would love to see an animated lunar movie but to say the least Game arts and Working Designs did an amazing job with the in game animation enough to keep me satisfied. I doubt the game would ever be popular enough to warrent a movie so all you can really hope is that technology in the near future becomes so advanced that your average joe can make movies on their computer that equal the quality that takes millions today off a few hundred.

Ramza Izlude
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Ramza Izlude »

I gotta go with Animated. I honestly would not want to see Lunar as a live action film. The in game animated cut-scenes were very well done in SSSC and EBC. Just think if they did a whole movie like that but with better visuals and picture quality. Now that I would pay to see. As far as the plot. I agree with Oathkeeper. A remake of the original games or a brand new story.

~Izlude~
My love steals my light and darkens my eyes.

~G.W.~

irvine
Saith Pirate

Post by irvine »

ill go for animated lunar!

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

punkabof1 wrote:I agree . . . just look at what they've done to sailor moon

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7486678908688809771&q=sailormoon

It sorta reminds me of power rangers. Don't you guys love puppet talking luna? The girls are cute. But what the hell is wrong with that guys hands? Just look how he's holdin them. When I first saw that evil queen lady i though she was a man :shock:.

If lunar ever becomes a Live action movie it should never be like this

...Loss for words here, anyways voted for animated, most of my mates are anime buffs, so chances are they might still catch the show although they are not fans of Lunar to begin with...

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I voted for animated.

Rather than a 1.5 to 2 hour movie, I'd much rather prefer an anime series of the events of SSSC that way they can include as much as necessary.

LunaAlthenaAlexDragonmast
Meryod Yokel

Post by LunaAlthenaAlexDragonmast »

I would go with Anime I just can't see Lunar with Real people I think it would ruin the whole thing. And it might become popular f they do make amovie i'd really want to see it! :D