Lunar Cosplayers at Ohayocon '06

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Cosplayers at Ohayocon '06

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hey guys, I went to Ohayocon over the weekend and ran into a couple of Lunar cosplayers!

Jean: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/ ... arJean.jpg

and

Ramus:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/ ... rRamus.jpg

Also, I found a couple of Lunar items in the dealers room! I about had a heart attack! I actually found a Lunar poster *_* I'm so happy! It looks like this: http://www.lunar-net.com/merchandise/st ... es/ebc.jpg

I also bought a Sega Saturn MPEG Import of Lunar the Silver Star Story Complete. They also had Lunar SSS and Lunar EB for Saturn, but I couldn't afford them. I'll start a thread in the General Lunar with the scans.

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

HOLY CRAP! NO WAY! Dag-nabbit! I had to miss Ohayocon this weekend cause I was sick but I had a ride/room and everything... I was gonna cosplay Lucia with my Nall plushie... I've never been to a con where they actually have Lunar merch T_T I could cry.....
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Well I almost didn't go... this was a first time in a LONG time I saw anything Lunar related... I guess it pays to go to smaller cons since in all likelihood no one is gonna know what Lunar is. The poster was only $20 too... a real steal, like I said, I about had a heartattack I think I scared a bunch of people around me since I practically squealed when I saw it. It was behind a huge group of posters too... maybe someone hid it....

I kinda wish in retrospect I had taken my Luna costume, but ah well. There's always Katsu or Otakon.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

OMG. I hate you for finding that Lunar poster! XD

I've never been to Ohayo con, mind telling me where it's located? The only anime convention I've been to is the Anime Expo, and there is NEVER Lunar stuff there. I did see a Lucia cosplayer last year, though. ^^;

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Re: Lunar Cosplayers at Ohayocon '06

Post by Shiva Indis »

PrettyGirlJean wrote:I also bought a Sega Saturn MPEG Import of Lunar the Silver Star Story Complete. They also had Lunar SSS and Lunar EB for Saturn, but I couldn't afford them. I'll start a thread in the General Lunar with the scans.

Though I don't know for certain I think that the MPEG version is rarer, and if you got it for a decent price then pats on the back to you. There is no reason to break the bank over the other Saturn Lunar games - they are quite common, and it's not too hard to find copies (within Japan especially) for the equivalent of $10 or less.
「まあいいけど。」

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I think it was $30-40 dollars for the MPEG Lunar.

As for Ohayocon, it's in the convention center in Columbus Ohio. Don't hate me! ;_; You may be able to get it yourself, if I remember correctly, the name of the store was Anime Asylum that I bought the poster from. Now I don't know if they will because when I asked the guy if they had more Lunar stuff he said he didn't know and that most likely the poster was given/bought by one of their staff that went there on some business. But, it's worth a try checking with them. Believe you me I went through every single poster they had to see if they had any others!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, that's a nice one. I have it, but mine was folded at some point before I bought it so it has a little bit of wear on the crease lines. I hope yours is in better shape. Nice find! ^_^

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I didn't know that there was an anime convention in Columbus. That's not too far for me I suppose. Is it annually in Columbus?

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Werefrog wrote:I didn't know that there was an anime convention in Columbus. That's not too far for me I suppose. Is it annually in Columbus?

Ohayocon is annually. I think this was the 6th year since its inception... I think. Maybe its 7th... either way it was my first. I normally attend Otakon as my one con a year after a few years where I went to a bunch - it got to be too expensive (especially when your parents no longer are paying for everything :P ). I've been to all but one Otakon since '96 and I only missed the one because my car engine blew a piston >_< Anyhow, with my wedding being this year, winning an all expense paid honeymoon to Cozumel, and the possibility of a trip to Holland I said hey, I'll go to a bunch of cons too :P Make it a really exciting year.

But I digress, sorry about that ^^; As far as the condition of the poster, it's perfect, not a crease to speak of, yet another reason I squealed haha. It was like the diamond in the rough x) And it feels nice to finally have a nice big poster too since my parents never bought me any Lunar WDs merchandise no matter how much I begged them.... they bought import manga, but not US Lunar stuff, go figure ^^;

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Dang, I live way too far from Ohio. XD