Clerks 2

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Clerks 2

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I was set up for disappointment and quite surprised. I don't think it is as good as the original, but it is definitely a welcome addition.

Any one else here enjoy Clerks and decide to watch the second one?

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I actually really liked the second one :)

Sure it wasn't the first one, but it was still really hilarious. Did you catch the brief animated series that was done for Clerks?
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Very vulgar. Very funny. I actually hadn't seen the first one before seeing two. They're both classic Kevin Smith. I think Clerks 2 was better written, but the themes of the first one were better (even though some of those themes were later (and better) displayed in Chasing Amy). If this is truly the last Askewniverse film, Jay and Silent Bob went out on a positive note.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

Clerks 2 owns. I keep watching it over and over. Clerks 1 had some vibe about it that you can't re-create, but Clerks 2 rocked. The vulgarity in it owned too. :lol:

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

So do you guys think we can take back porch monkey? climatizing the internet to it is step one!

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Clerks 2 was a breath of fresh air. Good to see Kevin Smith can make the follow up without ruining the original. Best part of the flick was the Lord of the Rings explanation. "All they did was walk in those movies..." Awesome.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"