TMNT (spoilers)

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

TMNT (spoilers)

Post by GhaleonOne »

Okay, so the nerd in me comes out. I went and saw it Saturday night. Anyone else see it? I thought it was pretty good. I liked the ending, with it's not-so-subtle hint that The Shredder will be back in the sequel. The main downside to the movie, was that the corny 1980's/early 90's jokes don't really fit in 2007. There were a few funny moments, but the majority of the comedy didn't fit quite that well. Other than that, it was a good movie. Just wondering if there were any other turtles fans from back in the day that went and saw it?
-G1

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

I thought it was pretty good, I saw it at about the same time. I grew up on Turtles so it was really awesome to see them...be sorta them. it wasn't Crap, I was happy about that.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I'm going to see this ASAP. I frickin' loved the Turtles when I was a youngin'.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I grew up around them, and even was a major fan at one point in my childhood. My brother is somewhat into them (he's little over 3 years old, so I can't quite say he's a major fan yet) so I want to go take him to see it (so I can see it too, bwa hahahaha.)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Donatello = Sechs

...I haven't watched this yet, but I SHOULD.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Casey Jones = Loveable idiot
Chris Evans = movie wrecker >( *hopes Asmodean doesn't kill her!*

I saw it Sunday night, and I loved it. I used to love the Turtles as a little girl, and this was the first time I really saw anything TMNT since I was like 5. xD So I was really happy and it was nice returning to a piece of my childhood I had forgotten. But I don't remember April ever being so... annoying though. :/ I was really disappointed with her, she used to be one of my favorites. She and Casey seemed to be really childish. :/

And I'm REALLY upset about what they did with Casey. >(

Quinton Flynn was casted as him for well over a year, and I was sooooo excited to hear him in this movie! (Was looking forward to it ever since May!) But then WB decided they wanted some celebrities in the movie for more publicity. So they replaced Quinton with Chris Evans at the last minute. After Quinton had done all his recording and everything! ;-; I was devastated. I kept squirming in the theater when Casey was on screen thinking *that WAS going to be Quinton saying that...* xD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm the same way. I loved the Turtles when I was a kid, but I probably haven't watched anything about them since 92 or so.

Now that you mention it, I wasn't super impressed with some of the Casey/April dialog either. I didn't think April was bad during the Leonardo opening, but it went somewhat downhill from there.
-G1

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Usually she's much more professional? I just felt the Turtles were more mature than April and Casey. Of course, the music playing in the background during the apartment scenes didn't help either. Those songs are played at Hollister (where I work) all the time!

Hollister is a popular clothing store for teens. Just thought I'd put that out there, I don't know if it's a well known store or not. xD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Yep, saw it last night. I also liked the movie overall, yet something seemed, lacking. Maybe it was those outdaed jokes G1 referred to, yet it didn't thrill me overall. I was shocked though to discover Winters' true nature, though. Quite the sympathetic adversary, I must say.

And yes, the less than subtle hint about the return of the Shredder. We'll see how honorable the Foot is when that occurs, if they ever make a sequel. Keep your fingers crossed.

Iga
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Iga »

Just saw it yesterday, I enjoyed it. The story was pretty decent, but I agree with you guys, the Casey/April chemistry was kinda meh. Probably my favorite part was the battle between Leonardo and Raphael in the rain. It was important for the story, and it was probably the best fight in the movie. Not to mention that the rain bouncing off them the whole time looked absolutely beautiful, if you ask me.

It did kinda sadden me though that you don't hear much of a story from Michelangelo or Donatello other than their dead-end jobs at the beginning of the movie. If they make a sequel(which they most likely will, considering the very open ending), I hope that they expand more on Michelangelo's and Donatello's stories.

And am I the only one who found the Nightwatcher armor really cool? :?

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

I realize they wanted it to be okay for children, but this was one of the few occasions where I actually thought a little bit of blood (or something) would have been okay. With an realistic angle they were trying to go for.

Was it just me, or was the best part of the movie the fight between Leo and Raph?

Anyway, I missed the first minute or so, and I haven't seen the Turtles since the 80's, so I had no idea what had happened to Shredder or who the lady running the Foot Clan was. (Anybody want to fill me in here?)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I faintly remember the lady running the Foot Clan from either the old cartoon or the old comic books (I mainly only watched the cartoon, and didn't read much of the comics). I don't rememeber her that well. As for The Shredder, they say little. Just that he was defeated and the Turtles grew apart since there wasn't much going on.
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Karai is from the 2003 cartoon. She has...a bit of a history with Leonardo. Rather interesting, really.

One of the questions, though, is what was the lesson Leonardo learned?

Some say humility, but I'm not so sure that was it...
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

AlexofBurg
Lostest Boy

Post by AlexofBurg »

Hm...I thought it was pretty good.

WAY better than that sorry excuse for a movie that was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III. Ugh.

It wasn't as action-packed as I thought it'd be, but overall, they did a good job with it.