Batman Begins

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Batman Begins

Post by Kizyr »

(I posted this at another forum, just repeating it here)
Ok, my friend got tickets to a sneak preview of Batman Begins last night on the IMAX theatre in Nashville. It's still taking me a while to digest the film, but... it is really good.

It's hard to describe just how good it is. I mean it has almost everything I like to see in a superhero film... Unlike previous Batmans, Gotham City came off as realistic--not campy, not over-the-top, and not the permant-nighttime sort of city either. Admittedly, approaching a sense of realism that gets you more interested in the characters is easier to do with Batman: no superpowers, and even the villains here used believable means to accomplish their ends.

The dialogue was great, too. All the lines were delivered well, nothing felt forced or arbitrary. And, well, you had Morgan Freeman in there. He can make any line sound good.

I'm still searching for things I didn't like about the movie... Haven't come up with anything yet. I'm thinking it might be the best superhero film that's come out yet, though I'm still partial to the X-Men universe since I sympathize on a personal level that much more. But objectively speaking, this has to be the best I've seen.

...I might see it again opening night. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

keele864
Red Dragon Priest

Post by keele864 »

I've really been looking forward to seeing Batman Begins. I'm glad to hear it's good. Maybe I'll even have time to go see it tomorrow.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

From the previews it looked really good. It's been a while since a Batman movie, and he was always my favorite of the superheroes.

Off chance, did anyone play the old Batman game on the NES? I remember having a blast with it.
-G1

keele864
Red Dragon Priest

Post by keele864 »

I played Batman on the original Game Boy, which I understand is pretty much a port of the NES game. I was pretty good at the platformer levels, but I could never beat the second Batwing level. It's a shame, since I really wanted to fight the Joker.

Pisces
Threadkiller

Post by Pisces »

I saw it last night. It was very good.

And I'm all about watching Christian Bale and Liam Neeson rough it up. :P
"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart; my land's only borders lie around my heart."

-Tim Rice, from the song "Anthem" in the musical Chess

artzi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by artzi »

American Psycho Batman? This i gotta see!:P

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I'll pass. I'm a big fan of the oringal and Batman Returns and I heard this one is "nothing like the other Batmans" so um yeah...don't care for it :P
Plus, Katie Holmes will get too much on my nerves.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Pass? You'll pass?!

Next to the Serenity movie this fall, this is going to be the best thing to come out all year! You can't pass!

If you're a fan of the good Batmans, then you should enjoy this one, too. It's nothing like the original, but that's not a bad thing. It doesn't have the campiness of any of the previous batmans (like Batman & Robin) nor the perma-nighttime look.

Katie Holmes was fine. I thought she was cute. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Kizyr wrote:Pass? You'll pass?!

Next to the Serenity movie this fall, this is going to be the best thing to come out all year! You can't pass!

If you're a fan of the good Batmans, then you should enjoy this one, too. It's nothing like the original, but that's not a bad thing. It doesn't have the campiness of any of the previous batmans (like Batman & Robin) nor the perma-nighttime look.

Katie Holmes was fine. I thought she was cute. KF

Yes, I'll pass. I liked the perma-nighttime look. I don't want Gotham to look "more like a real city" I enjoyed the Cartoons, the comics, they were out of this world and I liked it.

However I will think about seeing it solely for the reason that The Scarecrow is in this one. He rocks.

:roll: You would think she's cute. Sounds like a repeat of stupid girls in the batman movies (except Uma Thurman sp yes I know) that happened after Batman Returns.

They should of cast Tom Cruise as Batman! OMG THA WULD OF BEN SO PURFCT.

Wait a second...he probably wouldn't do it because Batman was probably "reported" to take "Tylenol" or something.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

ToLazy2Sit
Burg Farmer

SWEET!

Post by ToLazy2Sit »

That movie was the best I've seen in a long time... fianlly there isn't a drought of bad movies....

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

Yea Batman was a really Good movie and it is hard to describe how good it really is :D

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I still prefer the old Batman Movies... this was just an explanation of how Bruce Wayne is so strong, and why he can kick so much ass in the other movies.

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

I understand where your coming from Original Is Best in most cases