Blue School is in session

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Ozone
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Blue School is in session

Post by Ozone »

The Blue Scholars are a hip hop group out of Seattle, and, you know that when I of all people recommend a hip hop outfit that they have to be good. The DJ, Sabzi, creates unique beats that blend jazz elements to lay down the pipework for the MC's, Geologic's, politically and socially inspired lyrics. The result is amazing. The socially aware nature of the Blue Scholars is something that many groups have tried, and very few have done successfully, and the Blue Scholars do it better than almost anyone that I have heard recently. I was really, really blown away when I first heard their initial full length, which was self-titled, it was all so fresh, and nothing like any of the mainstream garbage that is referred to as hip hop these days. The Blue Scholars will blow away anyone in their field that you put up against them, they are beyond comparison.

Their latest offering, Bayani, is easily one of the most poignant, stirring, important, not to mention best albums to ever come out of Seattle, and that's saying a lot considering my love for Alice In Chains and Soundgarden. Every song is as complex as a novel and they all unravel beautifully as you listen to them. Sabzi uses stripped down and very old school beats that actually have melody (what a concept!) as he guides you through the album. So sit back, relax, let Sabzi worry about where you're going off to, and let Geologic handle the commentary. Bayani is a brilliant trip of an album that is perfect for playing on a long drive. Enjoy.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"