Sailor Moon

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Boris Moskovitz
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Boris Moskovitz »

Sailor Moon? Back in grade school, I was one of the Dragon Ball Z boys, and we always used to fight with the Sailor Moon girls over which series was better. I hated it with a passion back in the days.

And then, the teachers went on a month-long strike and suddenly I had to stay at home with absolutely nothing to do. Being that SM was the only remotely interesting show playing at the time (the competition was Babar and the likes), I tuned to it and thereon, always watched it whenever it was on.

Of course, I kept bashing the series when school came back, and one day day, I convinced the teachers to confiscate all Sailor Moon mangas on sight because it was "too violent" (Dragon Ball Z had the same treatment long before). WOO!

Looking back, I suppose it's a fairly entertaining series and does a pretty good job at killing time, but it's far too repetitive for my own tastes.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:
MaroonChan wrote:
Dragonmaster Lou wrote:Big Sailor Moon fan here as well... not just in the past, but in the present too. I still watch the S movie every year as part of a Christmas tradition (if you haven't seen it, well, let's just say that Santa Claus makes an impressive entrance in one scene).
I remember that scene! Ha, its great! :lol: Personally my favorite is the Sailor Moon R movie. I love that one! I've watched it dozens of times. The Sailor Moon Super S one is good too.
The R movie is definitely a better movie than the S movie, but the S movie is a fun "Christmas" movie. :) Need to watch the Super S movie though. I've had the DVD for a while, but I've just been too lazy to watch it. :(
Watch it! Its very good! Heh, it has a cute song insert about candy and other sweets. :lol: Plus its awesome if you like Sailor Chibi Moon. Since Sailor Moon Super S mainly concentrated on her.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I liked the Sailor Moon R movie the best. I dunno why...I just did.

SuperS would probably be a close second place. I remember WAY before SuperS was released in english I bought a subbed version of it in Suncoast (I miss Suncoast...it close about a year or so ago around here...) I thought the little song the children sung was so cute! I thought the little fairy guy was adorable! I can't remember his name though. >.<'

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Dark_Fairy wrote:I liked the Sailor Moon R movie the best. I dunno why...I just did.

SuperS would probably be a close second place. I remember WAY before SuperS was released in english I bought a subbed version of it in Suncoast (I miss Suncoast...it close about a year or so ago around here...) I thought the little song the children sung was so cute! I thought the little fairy guy was adorable! I can't remember his name though. >.<'
Oh, I know who you're talking about. The Fairy dressed all in white right? I know his name just can't spell it. :lol: I love "Moon Revenge" the song from the Sailor Moon R movie best. Its awesome! Probably one reason I like it. I like song inserts. That and the opening of course. The animation for the Sailor Moon Super S movie opening was cute! Showing everyone little. I love Serena/Usagi's little pigtail thingies.

Yeah I remember how the movies were out before they brought out the Sailor Moon S and Super S seasons...I think. I went and bought them on VHS. Now, I have some set on DVD of them. The uncut one. Cause there was apparently two versions of the dub. One which had even the music edited and one that had the original music. The plus was they had the voices they had originally. Well, some of them. I love Serena/Usagi's old voice and Rini/Chibiusa's. I was so sad when they got replaced. Its a shame the specrials were never brought out. Same with season 5.

Fortifying Conditioner
Nanza Bandit
Location: My Body: Tennessee, My Mind: Someplace not work safe.

Post by Fortifying Conditioner »

I was a fan too, but not in the way most people are. Every Tuesday morning a friend of mine would swing by my house before school and we'd watch the show. After it was over he'd head over to the school (I lived right across street from the blasted place) and i would try to go back to sleep.

That's not a very good reason (at least to me) to have liked it, but here's the kicker. I was in really bad shape at the time because I had cancer and was going to St. Jude every Monday for chemo-therapy treatments. Now keep in mind, that you feel like ass the day after a chemo run (if anyone is reading this who has also had the big C, they'll know exactly what I'm talking about), and to have friends that come over everyday to check on you and sit through a goofy anime, well, it makes a difference. This lasted two and a half years, and by friend never missed a Tuesday. Yeah, I'd say it's safe to say nostalgia's is a -Borgan-.

[/i]
Fortifies and Conditions!

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Fortifying Conditioner wrote:I was a fan too, but not in the way most people are. Every Tuesday morning a friend of mine would swing by my house before school and we'd watch the show. After it was over he'd head over to the school (I lived right across street from the blasted place) and i would try to go back to sleep.

That's not a very good reason (at least to me) to have liked it, but here's the kicker. I was in really bad shape at the time because I had cancer and was going to St. Jude every Monday for chemo-therapy treatments. Now keep in mind, that you feel like ass the day after a chemo run (if anyone is reading this who has also had the big C, they'll know exactly what I'm talking about), and to have friends that come over everyday to check on you and sit through a goofy anime, well, it makes a difference. This lasted two and a half years, and by friend never missed a Tuesday. Yeah, I'd say it's safe to say nostalgia's is a -Borgan-.

[/i]
Wow, that's so awesome of a friend to do! And its rare to find friends who will do that! I can see why you would be a fan then. I hope you're doing okay now though. Cancer is scary. Also, I gotta say. Your avatar is so cute! :D

I have a sort of freindship related thing with Sailor Moon. Not as awesome and touching mind you. But in middle school I met my now best friend because of it. Some kids on my bus were making fun of me cause I was listening to a Sailor Moon CD and my friend was all "You like Sailor Moon?" and we've been friends since. :lol: Its funny too, cause we're both into it again.

Fortifying Conditioner
Nanza Bandit
Location: My Body: Tennessee, My Mind: Someplace not work safe.

Post by Fortifying Conditioner »

I'm doing alright thanks. St. Jude told me and my family that, if I didn't relapse after four years of remmission, I'm considered officially cured. My last treatment was in February of 98 so...y'know, awesome and stuff.
Wow, that's so awesome of a friend to do! And its rare to find friends who will do that! I can see why you would be a fan then. I hope you're doing okay now though. Cancer is scary. Also, I gotta say. Your avatar is so cute! Very Happy

I have a sort of freindship related thing with Sailor Moon. Not as awesome and touching mind you. But in middle school I met my now best friend because of it. Some kids on my bus were making fun of me cause I was listening to a Sailor Moon CD and my friend was all "You like Sailor Moon?" and we've been friends since. Laughing Its funny too, cause we're both into it again.

:shock:
That's really freaky. I met my best friend (the one who came over all the tims) on a bus too. We were on a field trip to Shiloh and ended up sitting next to each other, He's become more family than friend.
Fortifies and Conditions!

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Fortifying Conditioner wrote:I'm doing alright thanks. St. Jude told me and my family that, if I didn't relapse after four years of remmission, I'm considered officially cured. My last treatment was in February of 98 so...y'know, awesome and stuff.
Wow, that's so awesome of a friend to do! And its rare to find friends who will do that! I can see why you would be a fan then. I hope you're doing okay now though. Cancer is scary. Also, I gotta say. Your avatar is so cute! Very Happy

I have a sort of freindship related thing with Sailor Moon. Not as awesome and touching mind you. But in middle school I met my now best friend because of it. Some kids on my bus were making fun of me cause I was listening to a Sailor Moon CD and my friend was all "You like Sailor Moon?" and we've been friends since. Laughing Its funny too, cause we're both into it again.

:shock:
That's really freaky. I met my best friend (the one who came over all the tims) on a bus too. We were on a field trip to Shiloh and ended up sitting next to each other, He's become more family than friend.
Well, that's good! :D

And wow, that is weird. Heh. I met my friend within the first few days of school. I think, on the bus ride home. Either to school or home. Don't remember.