Transformers

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Transformers

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

I Thought this movie was gonna be lame, but i was wrong. It was awesome!!!!!! Anyone see it yet?

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Oh yeah, I enjoyed it immensely. I'd even see it again because it was so good. Granted, the movie had its flaws, but its plusses outweighed its minuses in my book. Though some of the Transformers were out of character, the overall personalities of both groups were intact: the Autobots were noble to a fault, and the Decepticons were even more evil and destructive than they ever were in the cartoons. They didn't dare show this to impressionable children twenty years ago. The whole cast and crew did a magnificent job. One can only wonder if there'll be a sequel, I certainly hope so. I'd see it without a second thought.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I saw this last Thursday and enjoyed it. Very awesome that the original voice actor for Prime came back to do his voice in the movie! It made the movie that much better!

I didn't care too much for the acting of the people though. The sector 7 guys probably had the worst acting/dialogue, and I honestly felt they were really unecessary in the movie. The group of soldiers that got attacked in the middle east were far more personable, better actors, and let's face it they ought to have the Sector 7 guy's jobs - lol.

I agree there were some plots holes and a few other minor things that were silly (specifically the fact that they were going to link that super old computer to the MONITOR of the new one? Guess it sucks if you know ANYthing about computers lol - at least they made it look like they were going to use the monitor in the movie... maybe you guys have no idea what I'm talking about but it wasn't a big deal anyways.)

I just look at it this way, I went to see it for the transformers, not the people, so any disappoint I have is with them. The Autobots were frickin' awesome and while I wasn't super happy about how Bubblebee was changed, he was still, in my opinion, the most hardcore in the movie second only to Prime.

I hope there is a sequel since I'd really love to see the Dinobots somehow and just get to see some more kick ass robot fighting xD Nothing looked fake which was really awesome too. The transformers looked completely real the whole time. I was a bit surprised by that since in the past it's been noticeable even for a moment in other movies.

If I had the chance to see it at the movies again I definitely wouldn't mind. I'm sure I'll be picking it up when it comes out on DVD.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

The acting was lame, the dialog was lame, the (attempted) comedy was terrible, the chick was hot, the CG was amazing, and the action was fantastic.

Two thumbs up for a mindless summer action movie.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Ozone wrote:The acting was lame, the dialog was lame, the (attempted) comedy was terrible, the chick was hot, the CG was amazing, and the action was fantastic.

Two thumbs up for a mindless summer action movie.
This settles it. i'm psychic.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I figured that'd be the case as well. I probably won't even get around to seeing it until it hits DVD/Blu-Ray (I love having Blu-Ray now, these special effects action flicks are so much nicer in HD! :P)
-G1

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

This movie failed so bad, the Transformers were not their own characters, they were context that the human characters lived in. For all intents and purposes the Transformers were a giant asteroid, or some other world-threatening catastrophe. They had bo personality and took a back seat to the human actors. It was Pearl Harbor all over again.

It was just a super cheesy, really bad story. I'm dissapointed how many people are absolutely fawning over this movie.
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

DeathBeforeDenial wrote:This movie failed so bad, the Transformers were not their own characters, they were context that the human characters lived in. For all intents and purposes the Transformers were a giant asteroid, or some other world-threatening catastrophe. They had bo personality and took a back seat to the human actors. It was Pearl Harbor all over again.

It was just a super cheesy, really bad story. I'm dissapointed how many people are absolutely fawning over this movie.
Wow just stop, this isn't Pearl Harbor. This movie is based off a cartoon that we all loved as kids its not a WWII movie, its just fun. Im really glad it had primes real voice. I think it was great some of the best CG I have ever seen it blended perfectly. I think you went in to the theater with a bad attitude and you need to give a it real chance even if you didn't really care for it, the positives outweigh the negatives.

Also as an added bonus to being a good film you get to watch that hot chick for a good 2 hours.

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

exigence wrote:Wow just stop, this isn't Pearl Harbor. This movie is based off a cartoon that we all loved as kids its not a WWII movie, its just fun. Im really glad it had primes real voice. I think it was great some of the best CG I have ever seen it blended perfectly. I think you went in to the theater with a bad attitude and you need to give a it real chance even if you didn't really care for it, the positives outweigh the negatives.
OK, it being Pearl Harbor all over again was an exagerration, but my points still stand. The Autobot/Deceptacon struggle took a back seat to the exessively human overlapping story. If this movie is called "Transformers", let it be about the Transformers. I mean, I didn't feel like they were characters at all, I didn't care when Jazz died, it carried no emotional weight, at least for the bots. I mean there is a wide range of actions and emotions that were displayed by the Transformers in their various mediums of existance, in the movie they were context to make things explode.

The original Transformers story is a great one, there was all kinds of awesome angles to work with (Especially for childrens entertainment), the power struggle between Starscream and Megatron, and the variances of emotions displayed by both Autobots and Decepticons such as heroism, cowardice and treachery. Instead we get comedian Autobots, with really no dialogue that can be taken seriously, and appeals to the lowest common denominator way too frequently. And then, (As would be expected) one dimensional Decepticons spouting terror-invoking cliches.

This movie had more cheese in it than Wisconsin (*Backyard scene/John Turturro*), I'm sorry, but Michael Bay crafted a less interesting and indeed less believable story than a childrens cartoon show. Aside from that, the movie was so loaded with unecessary sub-plots main story was lost in hackers, desert soldiers, and puppy-love.

I expected the Transformers to be the main characters (Which they were not), and I expected a well-crafted story within the Transformers Universe (Which there was not). So I decided not oohhh, and aahhh at the pretty special effects (Which they were nice, no arguement), and give a standing ovation at "My bad", and "It's a trap" or "What's up *****es." Sorry, but analyzing a movie for what it is, is =/= watching it with a bad attitude.

Not to mention I didn't respect Michael Bay Movie Watching Rule #1: Turn Brain Off.
exigence wrote:Also as an added bonus to being a good film you get to watch that hot chick for a good 2 hours.
Wow.
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

PrettyGirlJean wrote:(specifically the fact that they were going to link that super old computer to the MONITOR of the new one? Guess it sucks if you know ANYthing about computers lol - at least they made it look like they were going to use the monitor in the movie... maybe you guys have no idea what I'm talking about but it wasn't a big deal anyways.)
At least it's not as bad as some of the stuff in "Live Free or Die Hard." (Which is actually a pretty good action movie.)
oZone wrote:the dialog was lame
I don't know, the fact that they got a lot of their lingo from the Internet made some of the Transformer's dialog kind of funny. (To me, anyway.)
GhaleonOne wrote:I love having Blu-Ray now
Did you get an actual Blu-Ray player, or a PS3?

And incidentally, I realize there's another thread on this, but I really liked the "Cloverfield" trailer before the movie.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

DeathBeforeDenial wrote:It was Pearl Harbor all over again.
why does Michael Bay get to keep on makin movies? i guess Pearl Harbor sucked...just a little bit more than i missed youuu! :lol: