Slightly Less Aged News: Radiohead Has Gone Rogue!

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Ozone
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Slightly Less Aged News: Radiohead Has Gone Rogue!

Post by Ozone »

Back in October Radiohead released their next album titled In Rainbows for free on the internet. Actually, you could make a donation if you wanted to. So, you ask how they are making money then? I know more than a few people who are buying the boxed set that they are releasing which has all sorts of goodies in it. Like NIN, Radiohead appears to be functioning without a label this time.

Even though I don't really care for much of their music, what they are doing is insanely cool.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Oh i completly forgot to download that i was so bussy at school.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I haven't listened too much Radiohead, but I really admire them for this move. I'll be following their sales very closely. I'm hoping that this will be a viable distribution for music sales in the future, but I'm not entirely convinced yet. It will definitely test some of the theories of Lessig and the other proponents of "free" music.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

i downloaded the album for free, today sounds pretty good so far. but if everyone downloades it for free they wolnt really be making money off of it.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I sent them $20 for it because they were willing to send it out for free :)
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Ozone wrote:I sent them $20 for it because they were willing to send it out for free :)
Ozone cancels out Exigence. So far the system seems to work out. I think I'll probably pay 8-10 dollars for it when I decided to get it. I think that's a pretty reasonable amount to pay for MP3s.