What manga are you reading?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Jasonb12 »

Actually, Alunnisage, that's not a bad idea. I've thought about that before. I'll look into it later.

Do you have the artbooks, by chance?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yep. I think at this point I have every Lunar book I'm aware of existing.

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

Currently reading A.I. Love You, Naruto and re-reading Love Hina (such a very long series). I would recomend Love Hina and definately Naruto. Only read A.I. Love You if you really like Ken Akamatsu's style, it's still pretty good.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I'm reading Fruits Basket, I'm just waiting for the 12th volume to be released in December. I was reading Naruto for a while, but I quit and decided to watch the anime instead because my cousin has up to episode 150, or something like that. XD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Sonic# wrote:I most often say "Naw-sick-uh"... is there another way? Nowsickuh?

In the movie they pronounce it "Nau-ush-ka", so that's always the way I have as well. (This would be sub, not dub)

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I love shoujo manga so when I had money I was collecting the following:

Hot Gimmick, Kare First Love, Hana Kimi, Peach Girl, Mars, Hana Yori Dango, Fruits Basket, Girl Got Game, Red River, Marmalade Boy, Neck and Neck, Chrno Crusade, and Tokyo Boys and Girls.

What I can't WAIT to get my hands on though is the manga for one of the most popular stories and animes in Japan (or so I hear) called "Monster" New Line Cinema has picked up the rights for a movie, how far they are in production I'm not sure. But if you like psychological thrillers, I think you'll definitely be interested in Monster.

I also intend on collecting Berserk and a few other titles once I've been employed again for a while... but that's a while from now. Thankfully christmas will be rollin' around soon :P haha

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

I'm currently reading the Suikoden III Mangas and Chrno Crusade.

SIII does rather well juggling all of the characters and I just adore Chrno Crusade ^^
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Binged and both the last four volumes of Saint Tail. The manga is sadly going out of print and it's the only manga in the magic girl subgenre that I ever enjoyed enough to pick up. It was one of Tokyopop's early releases though, so it's printed flipped with retouched artwork/sound effects. Since that's no longer popular and this isn't an uber popular series, I have a feeling that may have contributed to it going out of print, which is too bad. :|

Personally I don't see what the big deal is about not translating sound effects. I can only read about five or six effects, but I imagine that's more than the average non-Japanese speaker can read and I like knowing what kind of emote or effect is supposed to be playing.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --