Sara Bareilles

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Ozone
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Sara Bareilles

Post by Ozone »

So, I finally took initiative and looked into this chick after getting recommendations from a lot of friends. After seeing her perform a stripped down set on the Today Show, I decided that I had to see for myself if she was the real or not. I tried to keep my hopes down, but this girl showed amazing talent in the songs that I had heard on the radio and all over commercials and various other media. Let me be the first to say that this girl has some serious talent, a damn good voice, and is the real deal. The songs are catchy and soulfully sung, pop perfection to my ears. Her songs are done the way they should be done, but haven't been for some time now. Needless to say, her songs knocked me on my ass, but the best was yet to come. The list of people who have done a good Peter Gabriel cover is small because it's really hard to do a proper cover that doesn't make your performance look disgraceful next to his vision. On the special edition of her 2007 album, "Little Voice" (trust me, her voice isn't little), she takes on Gabriel's most popular song, "In Your Eyes," and knocks it out of the park for a home run. To be honest, I was tentative to listen to it because I'm a huge Peter Gabriel fan, but I am so damn glad that I did, she more than does it justice. Absolutely superb. Pick up the special edition of "Little Voice" now if you have any inclinations towards piano geared pop and revel in the wonderful group of stripped down songs that it has.

Pleasantly surprised indeed.

Mark this day down in the books, it's going to be a long time before I recommend anything "pop" again.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"