Opeth's Watershed

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Ozone
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Opeth's Watershed

Post by Ozone »

That's right, new Opeth is slated for June 3rd :D Hell yeah.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Opeth's Watershed

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Yessir, can't wait. You my friend have excellent taste in music. ;)
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

PS - Porcelain Heart is the single and it's okay. I got this to review in my inbox the other day, and I'm actually really disappointed with it.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow

Old Jericho
Reza Thief

Post by Old Jericho »

Boy, Ozone, first In Flames and now Opeth. You sure are hard to please.
Next thing I know you'll be telling us Nickelback sucks or something crazy like that...
This is my signature. It is a work of art.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Old Jericho wrote:Boy, Ozone, first In Flames and now Opeth. You sure are hard to please.
Next thing I know you'll be telling us Nickelback sucks or something crazy like that...
Yeah... I might. I do recommend Insomnium's "Above the Weeping World" in the meantime :P

Old Jericho
Reza Thief

Post by Old Jericho »

Sweeeet. What about In Mourning's Shrouded Divine? I've been hearing a fair deal about that.

Master Of Puppets
Lyton Singer

Post by Master Of Puppets »

Old Jericho wrote:Boy, Ozone, first In Flames and now Opeth. You sure are hard to please.
Nickelback does suck.

Opeth's Damnation is a incredible album. Watershed sounds like its going to be great as well

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

The In Mourning album is pretty good and certainly has its moments. It reminds a little bit of Porcupine Tree during certain parts. It's kinda like doom metal meets Opeth meets newer In Flames meets Porcupine Tree. It would be awesome if some of its rhythm sections weren't so repetitive.

I picked this back up when you mentioned it, and I still like Grand Denial as a song.

Old Jericho
Reza Thief

Post by Old Jericho »

Master Of Puppets wrote:
Nickelback does suck.

Opeth's Damnation is a incredible album. Watershed sounds like its going to be great as well
Sarcasm.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

Ozone wrote:PS - Porcelain Heart is the single and it's okay. I got this to review in my inbox the other day, and I'm actually really disappointed with it.

The single version and the real version aren't the same length. The single version screws it up.

Watershed is one of the best albums of '08.

It's their least formulaic album to date. "Heir Apparent" is one of the best songs they've EVER written along with the more mellow track "Burden".
Choose Your Weapon

Old Jericho
Reza Thief

Post by Old Jericho »

Yeah, I actually just got it, and I really enjoyed it. However, I don't know if I have room to talk, because Blackwater Park is the only other Opeth album I have. I still need to get Still Life and Damnation and all that other stuff....