Suicide Circle

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Suicide Circle

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Wow. What an amazing movie. I'm a fan of the morbid and macabre, and lately I've been on a Japanese horror movie kick. They have been getting increasingly better, Battle Royal, Audition, Versus, Visitor Q. But this one is by far the best. The other movies I have watched were certainly good for some bloody kicks, but this one actually has a very insightful message. I'm telling you now though, if you are squeamish, do NOT watch this. It is very depressing and very violent.

It starts off at a subway station. Everyone seems happy and light-hearted. They are all socializing and just enjoying themselves. However, when an incoming train is announced, fifty-some girls step forward, grip hands and count, "One and two and... three!" And they all jump simultaneously. Let's just say, the scene that occurs is a grimly one, but certainly catches your attention early on.

Now, I don't want to ruin much of the movie in case anyone has intentions of watching it for themselves. After the scene at the subway station, the string of suicides continues, and after the police find some very disturbing evidence they are positive that there is some seperate source influencing these people. And so an investigation ensues, throwing everyone into a maelstrom of chaos.

This movie is not only appealing for its brutal scenes however. There is a very good message tied in with everything, one concerning a bad social problem present in Japan. No, it's not suicide all though that is the theme of the movie, but it gets its point across. If you're having trouble figuring it out, be sure to listen to the lyrics in the different songs present in the movie. It very clearly tells you what the problem is and the solution for it. Once the message hits you, the entire movie becomes clear and almost refreshing. A definite recommendation for any fan of horror. A+ in my book.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Re: Suicide Circle

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Thank God this thread is about a movie.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Lmao, yes yes. It's a movie. A very screwed up, yet awesome, movie.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Man I dunno...I really didnt enjoy Suicide Club (thats what my dvd says on the cover anyways) Yea its a good point to get across but the whole movie was so cofusing...I thought it just dragged on. At first I thought that movie's point was to prove that everyone is filled with 7235 gallons of red Kool-aid. And the rolls of skin were pretty gross. Maybe Ill have to give it another watch...I just didnt enjoy it the first time at all.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Lmao, of course it was confusing! Rule number one of every japanese horror movie... Question everything. "Oh, that was just a dream!" ...Or was it? "Well, that guy is dead." ...Or is he? XD I cant believe you didn't dig it though. I found the movie very well done.

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

It was ok at best. Ill give it another shot tho. Battle Royale still tops the best japanese horror/cult film....Period.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Battle Royal was awesome in its simplicity. The second one was excellent too, but no where near the first.

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Did you read the novel Battle royale? Its so much better than the movie! If you havent I highly suggest it! :lol:

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I loved Suicide Club!! I showed it to everyone who came to my apt! Well just the opening... I used to think about the movie while waiting for MARTA(Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority). Hey uh... what the heck was going on with the crazy guy who sings in the middle of the movie? I was really confused about that... Who is that actor anyway? Is he a singer? OH but the song was pretty good.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Sadrin wrote:I loved Suicide Club!! I showed it to everyone who came to my apt! Well just the opening... I used to think about the movie while waiting for MARTA(Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority).
It wouldn't work on MARTA. You'd have to have regular trains and some kind of reasonable schedule for it to work.

Sorry. Really don't like MARTA. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Sadrin wrote:I loved Suicide Club!! I showed it to everyone who came to my apt! Well just the opening... I used to think about the movie while waiting for MARTA(Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority). Hey uh... what the heck was going on with the crazy guy who sings in the middle of the movie? I was really confused about that... Who is that actor anyway? Is he a singer? OH but the song was pretty good.
He's a japanese singer named Rolly. He's a strange guy, but pretty cool. Also, if you would like to know, the song he performed was called Suicide Kiss.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Kizyr wrote:It wouldn't work on MARTA. You'd have to have regular trains and some kind of reasonable schedule for it to work.

Sorry. Really don't like MARTA. KF
LOL! Marta is the worst transit system ever! It would take me 2 hours to get from Downtown to Northsprings(20-30min drive with no traffic) just to get to work and class. I spent 4 hours everyday just waiting for a bus,train, and bus again. >_< On a VERY RARE day it would only take 30minutes! The system is awful... Now I don't live near Marta so now I miss it. I don't drive by the way...
Guild_Premier_Ghaleon wrote:He's a japanese singer named Rolly. He's a strange guy, but pretty cool. Also, if you would like to know, the song he performed was called Suicide Kiss.
Wow thanks! I've been wondering about the song for years! I've never heard about Rolly? I don't listen to J-rock very often, if ever... so I guess that might help. I'm going to download the song if I can find it.
Depend On You Changed My Life.