What are you currently reading?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Sonic# »

Talk to Eric about CC. I understand it somewhat better after he explained it to me, meaning that... if I were to replay the game, I wouldn't be like, "WHOA!" "WHOA!" "WHOA!" at every new thing that would happen.

Where's the FAQ? I might've read it, but I'm not sure. ^_^

Hmmm, as for reading material... two books of poems, one is a mini compilation of Emily Dickenson's work and the other is "Sailing Alone Around the Room" by Billy Collins. Otherwise, I'm waiting until I get home.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I got the FAQ from Game FAQs. It's called a Story FAQ by Crono 228...

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file ... _story.txt

It was a lot of fun to read, though I still have some silly questions that can probably only be answered by playing the game, using my brain, and figuring it out by myself. XD;;
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Binged on the Parasyte manga by Hitosi Iwaaki this weekend. Very intelligent story, but pretty gory. If it was anything other than a black and white manga I wouldn't have been able to take it; story or no.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

If you want to talk Chrono Cross, check this thread out:

http://www.lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?t=120

It was recently posted by Eric, and would be a great discussion point to getting people into it.

Coley Lou
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Coley Lou »

I'm reading

An Encyclopedia of Serial Killers by Michael Newton

Mmmm... love potion made of children.

-Coley

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Tales of Destiny manga, and Dragonsong.
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Hyrth
Saith Pirate

Post by Hyrth »

A Spell For Chameleon by Piers Anthony. First Xanth Novel.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

First time I've tried reading a book before the movie I think.
-G1

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

GhaleonOne wrote:Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

First time I've tried reading a book before the movie I think.

You're going to ruin the movie you old fart!!! :P
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Old fart? You're only 4 years under me missy.
-G1

Nana
Meribian Merchant

Post by Nana »

I am currently reading A Clockwork Orange (for the 51st time), Zettai Kareshi Volume two, an X Files book, and for school A House on Mango Street *BLEH!*

Coley Lou
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Coley Lou »

How are you at understanding the slang on A Clockwork Orange? A friend of mine said he couldn't get through the book cause it was so hard to decipher. But he said the movie was easy to understand. I however saw the movie when I was 11 and am now scarred XD

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

I'm still reading the Zombie Survival Guide. It takes me forever to read a book nowadays. I'm lazy.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Reading Silver on the Tree by Susan Cooper, the final book in The Dark is Rising series of children's books. I seem to remember I was disappointed with the ending back in the day, but it's been several years and the fourth book The Grey King was better than I remembered, so maybe Silver on the Tree will be better too. Maybe it's one of those things I appreciate more with time.

Rereading these last two books has renewed my interest in traveling to Wales, though I still can't pronounce Welsh worth crap. ^_^
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

keele864
Red Dragon Priest

Post by keele864 »

I remember liking the first three books more than the last two as well, but I think a lot of that was a function of my age. I was pretty young when I read those books.

By the way, I'm not sure that even the Welsh can pronounce their language. Way too many "w's" and "c's" in there.

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

I FINALLY finished The Zombie Survival Guide a few days ago. I read like a mofo that day. Very good book.

I started reading the novelization of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones a few days ago. I remember getting it around the time AOTC came out but I'm just now reading it. Ugh. I still have Star Wars novels that I bought in 1998/1999 that I still haven't read. I really need to get off my rear.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

keele864 wrote:I remember liking the first three books more than the last two as well, but I think a lot of that was a function of my age. I was pretty young when I read those books.

I read The Dark is Rising, the second book, first by mistake, since I figured if the series was called The Dark if Rising Sequence, The Dark is Rising would obviously be the first book. I'm actually happy I did since that one continues to be my favorite. I didn't like the first book at all, probably because it doesn't have Will in it and he gets to do most of the interesting stuff in the rest of the series. If I'd started with Under Sea, Over Stone I probably wouldn't have gone on to the rest of the books.

I would probably rank them in order of favoritsm; Book 2, Book 3, Book 4, Book 5, Book 1. I'm not finished with Silver on the Tree yet, but it's turning out to be a different animal from the rest--a little weirder. I'm starting to remember why I was disappointed with it. I still have a third of the book to go though so maybe it'll pick up.

In other reading news... I took a brief break from that to read Volume 3 of the Saint Tail manga. I've been slowly picking this series up and though I'm not a big fan of mahou shoujo, I really love Saint Tail.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm hacking away at my "A Tour of the Calculus" book. I didn't think I could get this into a book describing math, but... it's like nibbling slowly at a dark chocolate sculpture. You can't eat too much at a time, but I become ravenous for it when I do.

I've also been reading Catch-22. It isn't terribly long, but it was a thick read because I was reading that after going for a couple of children's books, which are quick breezy reads. It's a crazy book though. That's the point, but... Milo's math makes my head spin.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

About to get started on Redwall, myself

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Nothing at present, but I recently finished my Sherlock Holmes anthology, after quite a delay. I also visited my grandparents' on Saturday, and I'd been waiting for Grandma to finish a book (Serpent in the Crown, the latest in the Amelia Peabody mysteries) so I could borrow it. She'd stopped reading it but wasn't done, so I read the whole thing that evening.