Twilight and New Moon?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Twilight and New Moon?

Post by phyco126 »

Okay, I'll admit it, part of me is this huge woman. I love chick flicks and romantic comedies. Now, it doesn't rank up there on uber for me as, say, Live Free or Die Hard or Lord of the Rings... or Mamma Mia or Grease. Eh.

Anyway, I recently watched Twilight. Several times. And bought it the day after. And watched it again. And quoting it. Probably too much. Bleh.

Well, my sister has done the same (well, she doesn't quote it at least) AND as a result has finished nearly all 4 books in... um... less than two weeks? Skank.

So I loved the movie and I'm gonna buy the first book so I can see how good the it is. OMG the movie is hot. Belle is hot. Edward and the doctor is hot. But Belle is still hotter. And Alice. She's hot too. *squeals like a girl* *ahem* Anyway, the next movie is slated for November 20th, 2009. Anyone looking forward to this one?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Twilight and New Moon?

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, now I know you're messing with me.

You didn't really see Twilight, and you aren't interested in the books.

I know this because I've seen photos of you, and you're a 27-year-old man, not a 13-year-old girl. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

lol! I'm 24 thankyouverymuch. And yes, I really did and yes, I really am. :D

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

http://www.the-editing-room.com/twilight.html

I think you can appreciate that even if you liked the movie. I liked it too, but just mainly because Robert Pattinson and Cam Gigandet bring teh pretty :D And I guess Kristen Stewart's not bad to look at either.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I don't think I ever want to see Twilight, because it's not my kind of pulp, from the sounds of it. But it's cool you enjoy it.
Kizyr wrote:Ok, now I know you're messing with me.

I know this because I've seen photos of you, and you're a 27-year-old man, not a 13-year-old girl. KF
It's 21 days late for April Fools', Kiz.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

One needn't limit his jokes to April Fools' Day.
And I still don't believe it... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Bloodrose
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Bloodrose »

I dunno.. I have to be honest.

I saw the original trailer for that movie about a year before it came out and while I'll admit, it's definitely improved from that point.... it still wasn't that great.

They did pick good actors/actresses which made the movie more enjoyable than I had originally anticipated.

The books are fantastic, but the movie just didn't do justice. It was given a very small budget which contributed to some of the problem. Now, for what they had to work with, I'll give it some credit, but still.. for anyone who REALLY enjoys the books and hasn't seen the movie yet, don't get your hopes up.

Now, I think New Moon might be a much better movie simply because of the budget raise they're supposed to get, but we'll see.

Ashley

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

I'll admit I really enjoyed it too... and I'll finish the books eventually. Also, the soundtrack got me into paramore. Yes, I know, I'm a 27-year old male paramore obsessive. Slightly weird? Maybe...

One funny anecdote from seeing the film in the theater: In the scene where Edward shows up in Bella's room (and they, ya know, kiss and stuff), this 5 or 6 year old girl a few rows in front of us suddenly blurts out, "Is she wearing pants?!" I almost fell out of my chair, I was laughing so hard.

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Okay, no. Nonononono. Awful. I read two pages and wanted to -Fatal Hopper- kill myself. Don't do it.

Twilighters are scary. If the books were good, I would understand, but It's just written like bad fan-fiction. VOMIT.

Also, I watched about 5 minutes of the movie at the Virgin Mega Store (it was playing on the T.V.; specifically the scene where they're in the woods and Edward is being a -Fatal Hopper- homo and Belle an annoying "See You Next Tuesday"). My friend and I looked at each other and she was like, "Wow. This fails so hard." Couldn't have said it better mahself.

Kizyr wrote:Ok, now I know you're messing with me.

HAAAAHAHAHAHHAAAAA

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

The movie wasn't really that good in my opinion. I really enjoyed reading all 4 of the books, but I'm not a crazy fanatic about it like most people are. It's sad how most girls have turned it into a fad with all of this movie merchandise. *sees other girls at school* -_-

All I cared about are the books, but...I'll still go see New Moon when it comes out just because I want to see how closely it'll follow the book.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The kissing scene in the bedroom freaking turned me to butter. I swear, it was the hottest and sexiest kiss scene I can recall. And I've seen a lot... if you catch my drift. =P

Its okay if others don't care for it. I loved it, and even I still make fun of it. It has its downfalls, sure. Can't expect everyone to like the same thing :).

I also read that script a while back on cracked.com, pretty true I think. Which is why I make fun of the movie (despite liking it). Also Sarah? Roflrazzi, icanhascheezburger, failblog... those sites are teh sex. I just about died laughing when I saw that picture a few days back.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

This woman is doing everything she can to ruin vampires. My ex had me watching this movie.

It was gayer than 10 pounds of gay in a 5 pound bag. Anne Rice's stuff is a thousand times better.

ON TOP OF THAT, what the hell is with girls today having a fetish for vampires? Am I the only one who finds that disturbing?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Both males and females have fetishes for vampires. I'd point to the sexy vampire archetypes from both genders: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... TheVampire. I don't think it's particularly disturbing, but then I tend to fancy Tolkien elves and Bene Gesserit.

Stephanie Meyer's portrayal of vampires seems to be one of the most innocuous ones, unladen with the more potent kinks that often go into the vampire genre.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:Both males and females have fetishes for vampires. I'd point to the sexy vampire archetypes from both genders: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... TheVampire. I don't think it's particularly disturbing, but then I tend to fancy Tolkien elves and Bene Gesserit.
And I tend to favor succubi. Everyone has their own tastes.

Meyer's portrayal of vampires is awful because it's so... sanitized. Vampires are supposed to be creatures out for bloodlust--that's the core of the legend. Meyer's change is as nonsensical as caveman aliens. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Meh. I prefer my vampires to have their dialogue written by Joss Whedon.

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Not having read the books (With no real interest to) I still managed to pull quite the hearty laugh from the this Cracked article.

http://www.cracked.com/topic/36-twilight/
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I read cracked.com every day. I loved that article. I've made fun of the first too books pretty well too, I think. However, I'm still a fan of it. Kristen Stewart can suck my blood anytime. Rawr.