Dark Water...

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.

What did you think of Dark Water?

AWESOME movie!
33%
Pretty Good
33%
I'm not sure what to think
No votes
Not too great
No votes
I want my money and my life back!!!
33%
Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes: 3

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Dark Water...

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

... Left me in a dark mood... I truly believe I wasted 2 hrs of my life. I certainly wasted $17.00.

The movie had a good tone to it, it was somewhat creepy... but I went into it thinking it was gonna be a nice scary movie. If you want to be bored and depressed then this movie is for you... if you want to be scared, I suggest you do just about anything else and it will prove to scare you more.

To give the movie credit, it didn't have bad acting, in fact the acting was all right. I just had problems with the climax of the movie and the plot twists as they were. The ending was worse than usual for such movies. I realize most endings to scary and/or horror movies are usually pretty bad, that's just life (Although I wasn't disappointed with "The Grudge"s ending), but I rolled my eyes and felt really disappointed.

I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it so I don't want to get too specific. Has anyone else seen this yet?

Anywho, take care all!
<@PGJ

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I saw it. For starters, I've liked Jennifer Connely ever since Labyrinth, so I figured I wouldn't be disappointed at least on acting grounds.

Anyway, it was all right. Not great, but still a decent movie. It would've been much better had they chopped off the last five minutes. Literally. They wouldn't even need to edit anything; five minutes from the end was a closing point, and it would've been better if they left it that way.

The only thing that I didn't like was the atmosphere. Throughout the movie, it maintained a very realistic atmosphere--i.e., "ghosts" were explained, crazy situations were nightmares, that sort of thing. I mean, it was believable and nothing paranormal went on. Then, at the very end, bam! and paranormal things start happening. It's not that the paranormal or supernatural shouldn't be in movies--but, if they are, then the movie should set up an atmosphere where the paranormal can occur, not set up a realistic environment then change it towards the end.

Otherwise, it was still a pretty decent film. There are a few better ones that I'd recommend viewing ahead of it--Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Batman Begins--but it wasn't a waste of time. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)