Favorite anime

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
brightshield
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Favorite anime

Post by brightshield »

For me it would be these.

1. Hunter x Hunter
2. Yu Yu Hakusho
3. Rurouni Kenshin
4. Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
5. Gungrave

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Favorite anime

Post by Aaron »

I haven't really been watching any of the new anime...but

Here are my top 5 in no order:

1) Naruto
2) Dragon Ball Z
3) Iria (Movie/mini series)
4) Princess Mononoke
5) My Neighbor Totoro
6) Little Nemo
7) Robotech/Macross

Thats about it...I went over but I just couldn't leave Little Nemo and Robotech off.

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Slayers, Soul Eater, Ah My Goddess

Not a huge anime watcher anymore. Don't like the direction the industry went (moe shows and stuff)...

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

whats a moe show?

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Moe is a character design style that sells like hotcakes regardless of how bad/shallow/non-existent the plot is.

Haruhi, K-On, Lucky Star, are the most prominent examples. Don't like 'em at all.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Love Hina and Ai Yori Aoshi

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

There was a post like this a while back where I went into some genre specifics and gave huge plot synopsis and the sort... But I'm not feeling up to that right now so Ill just drop a few titles that I can recommend wholeheartedly. I don't have a favorite per se, that's impossible considering how many amazing titles I've seen, but, here's a few I can rave over.

Hajime no Ippo
Nana
Fushigi Yugi
Higurashi no Naka Koro ni
Ayashi no Ceres
Fate/Stay Night
Gantz
Berserk
Robotech
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Just to name a few. I've got a pretty big collection of DVD's and Manga, spent waaaay too much money within my short life time, and will undoubtedly waste much more before I end up dying, a poor man, curled up with my PenPen plushie... ... ... Anywho, next week is Hajime no Ippo's twenty year anniversary. That my friends, is quite the achievement.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I never liked Cowboy Bebop although I always enjoyed the universe and the adds. As well as the art. But watching an episode was horrible for me.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Aaron wrote:I never liked Cowboy Bebop although I always enjoyed the universe and the adds. As well as the art. But watching an episode was horrible for me.
Blasphemy! Cowboy Bebop was brilliant! It tied the whole bounty hunter life style into an awesome backstory between Spike and Vicious, had a forbidden love story, and the perfect ending! How could you dislike it? :P
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I haven't watched enough Anime to really be able to contribute too much to this thread, but I really liked FLCL when they aired it on Adult Swim.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Adult Swim is only good for the comedy stuff.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Yeah, well, FLCL definitely fits under the "comedy" banner. It's kind of a riot.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Yeah FLCL is great. We can all learn life lessons from Atomisk, the pirate king...

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

My Top Ten:

1. FMA (the original, not that new one which seems to be rushing through the manga's story at breakneck speed).
2. Fushigi Yuugi
3. Bleach (or at least, the first three seasons back when it was still going anywhere good)
4. Trigun
5. Utawarerumono (don't ask me to explaint his one, its REALLY weird)
5. Neon Genesis Evangelion
6. Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit
7. SoltyRei
8. Gundam Seed (and no, I already know about and have seen the original, Wing, and various others, don't try to dissuade me from this opinion).
9. Louie the Rune Soldier (an awesome comedy-action/adventure series in which the main character is turned into a woman, an old man, a baby, a frog, and a squidman over the course just a mere few episodes after he wielded a boar as his weapon of choice against an army of darkness! :lol: )
10. And all the Slayers series.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

In no particular order, my top 5:

SoltyRei
Full Metal Alchemist
Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna (Even though the manga is 100 times better...)
Code Geass (both seasons)
Slayers (Slayers = amazing)

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

The reason why I'd say that Hunter x Hunter is the best, is because it's infinitely better written than 99% of anime on the market. There's literally no plot protection of any kind. The main character actually loses all of his major fights for the first two arcs. He beats a few of the weaker characters in the third arc, but gets completely owned when it really matters. He then loses all of his fights in the fourth arc. He wins a few minor fights, and one major fight in the fifth arc. There's a sixth arc as well, but it's manga only(thank god because it sucks badly).

It's a very unusual and unique anime. Hisoka in particular is an amazing character. He's creepy, badass, and funny all rolled into one character.

Here's a link to the manga if anyone is interested in reading it. You can also find the manga for most of the anime I listed at this site. Except Gungrave, since that doesn't have a manga.

http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

brightshield wrote:The reason why I'd say that Hunter x Hunter is the best, is because it's infinitely better written than 99% of anime on the market. There's literally no plot protection of any kind. The main character actually loses all of his major fights for the first two arcs. He beats a few of the weaker characters in the third arc, but gets completely owned when it really matters. He then loses all of his fights in the fourth arc. He wins a few minor fights, and one major fight in the fifth arc. There's a sixth arc as well, but it's manga only(thank god because it sucks badly).

It's a very unusual and unique anime. Hisoka in particular is an amazing character. He's creepy, badass, and funny all rolled into one character.

Here's a link to the manga if anyone is interested in reading it. You can also find the manga for most of the anime I listed at this site. Except Gungrave, since that doesn't have a manga.

http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/
Happy birthday

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Adult Swim is only good for the comedy stuff.
No way. Cowboy Bebop was great, and even though I didn't see all of Samurai Champloo, I liked what I saw.

Other shows have been less than desirable like Blood +, but many of their comedy shows aren't any better. I guess their comedy shows just aren't my cup of tea. I miss Futurama. :cry:

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Who the hell thought alien-looking emoticons were better than the ones we had before?