Calvin and Hobbes: Complete

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
SKParasite
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Calvin and Hobbes: Complete

Post by SKParasite »

So are there any Calvin and Hobbes fans here? Did you hear about the Calvin and Hobbes: Complete collection? It features three hard cover books in artbook quality paper and I think it's full colored to. It features EVERY strip of Calvin and Hobbes except for the promos that were in newspapers.

Oh I should mention the entire thing is HUGE, weighs about 23 pounds and bigger than an xbox, which is scary.

Click here

The link above brings you to Amazon to where you can check it out. It's $94.50, but DAMN is it worth it. Get it if you like Calvin and Hobbes, even if you have to pay an arm and a leg for it.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I LOVE CALVIN AND HOBBES!!! *___*

I think I've seen that collection at Barnes and Noble. I want it really bad now lol. *Adds Calvin and Hobbes to her Xmas list behind Lunar DS* XD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I'd buy it if I hadn't already read 3/4 of every strip.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Awesome! I hadn't heard about that. I've probably read most of the strips, but I don't have them all, and it's often interesting to see things in chronological order so you can see the style develop. And I've always been annoyed that getting the books still seems to mean not getting every single strip, since they're usually selected.

That Publishers Weekly review sucked, though. It made it sound like Watterson left Calvin out to die somewhere. :P

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

YES! YES! YES!

::jumps around like a little kid on sugar cereal... or... like Calvin!::
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I loved Calvin and Hobbes, but there is no way I could afford even a fraction of that book. Still, if I had the money, I would have ordered it before I even replied to this post :P I'm still sad to know that the guy is retired ;-; He should come out of retirement and make more strips! Like, 10 a day for the rest of my life!

<-------- Selfish man

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

Even though I really don't care for Watterson (I've read some interviews that he gave and he always come across as a prick), I"d really like to pick up this book.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I <3 Calvin and Hobbes!

I must get this.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Mormon88
Reza Thief

Post by Mormon88 »

i already own every book, so i guess i won't be needing this.

but cool nonetheless. i might just get it so i can officially say i have every calvin and hobbes nook ever released... i mean how could does that make you? like totally super cool, duh.

SKParasite
Lann Fisherman

Post by SKParasite »

Mormon88 wrote:i already own every book, so i guess i won't be needing this.

but cool nonetheless. i might just get it so i can officially say i have every calvin and hobbes nook ever released... i mean how could does that make you? like totally super cool, duh.

Yeah, I know what you mean. To get it out of completeness, despite the fact you have every other book. But heh, this is a bit cooler taken it's EXTREMELY NICE quality. They spent a LOT of time making this and I can see why it's so expensive. :o