Roadrunner United!

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Ozone
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Roadrunner United!

Post by Ozone »

It's finally here, after a year plus of planning, Roadrunner United is here. It's a compilation of various member of varios bands on Roadrunner playing together. Check it out http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/artist ... nerUnited/
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Wow, I didn't know they all got together as a band. I thought the disc was a Roadrunner comp, like their Summer of Metal sampler. It reminds me of when I went to see Coal Chamber in 1999. Powerman 5000, Machinehead, and Amen were supposed to open, but P5000 couldn't make it. We were all bummed out, because we wanted to see them, but instead some new band with an upcoming album was going to take their place. The road folks were giving us all demo cassettes of this new band which my friends an I kind of laughed at. They were all wearing wierd masks, and just looked like total freaks!

That night we got our first taste of Slipknot, and frankly, we just didn't dig it. They acted like idiots spitting on fans (who they kept calling "maggots" which we took offense to at the time) and jumped around on stage, acting like maniacs etc... and we thought, "who the hell do these people think they are? This band won't go anywhere..." We all got rid of our demo cassettes, which had a song that DIDN'T make it to Slipknot's first album (which I thought was ok, and not as bad as the live experience) and missed out on MAJOR E-Bay cash. I now have a small collection of every preview, sample, and demo Disc/Tape I get my hands on. You just never know...

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

Well its cool to see dino playing again, he was awesome back in the early days with fear factory, who is still one of my fave bands. And Joey From Slipknot is one of the best drummers out there.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Dino is in Brujaria (sp?) now... I never really cared for much of Fear Factory. I really like Demanufacture and that was about it.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"