About a Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete Song...

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Ariakan
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

About a Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete Song...

Post by Ariakan »

AAAAAARGH!!

I can't find it! All I want is that song that plays off the PSX game CDs when you stick them in a CD player. Where she's just singing lalala la's.
You also hear it in the first cut scene Where Alex meets her by the pond/ruins.

Dang it, it isn't fair!

Can anyone help me here?

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

You didn't get the soundtrack with your game? If you mean the exact song from the game, I don't think there is such a file, but I could be wrong. But there's a track that is similiar to her "la la la" song on the soundtrack.

Ariakan
Burg Farmer

Post by Ariakan »

It's not on the soundtrack CD, it was only on the game CDs if you put one in a CD player, or used the CD option on a PSX.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Well, it's a shot in the dark, but if you can get a PC to read the PSX disc as an audio disc, a CD-ripper program (like Musicmatch) might be able to rip it into an MP3 file. If it plays in a CD player it should work.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

localflick wrote:Well, it's a shot in the dark, but if you can get a PC to read the PSX disc as an audio disc, a CD-ripper program (like Musicmatch) might be able to rip it into an MP3 file. If it plays in a CD player it should work.

You'll need something to convert XMA audio files to WAV/MP3 to do that. If it's in the game, though, it should work.

Though, if you've played it by just inserting the CD into a regular CD player, any normal CD Audio -> MP3 ripping utility should work. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Yeah, my iTunes automatically reads the track. Hell, even my anceint stuff back in the day ready the hidden music tracks on games.

I think my favorite was the one I found on Castlevania SotN. That one was pretty cool.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

Ramza
Nanza Bandit

Post by Ramza »

I think my favorite was the one I found on Castlevania SotN. That one was pretty cool.

You mean "this is a PlayStation black disc. It is not meant to be used in audio CD players ... ... *awesome music ensues*"? That was hot.

If you're looking for Luna singing the "lalalalalala" song, it also exists as a track on one of the import "Lunatic Festa" albums. Either the end of the 1st CD or track 11 on the 2nd CD...can't remember which off hand.

I didn't think there were any CD-A tracks on the Lunar game discs. But extracting the AVI movie files was quite easy, thank you Working Designs! :P

Ramza

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The sound for the Blue Dragon duet scene is playable off the disc, presumably because it's a sprite scene rather than an animated one. It's not quite the same as the one on the Festa disc, of course, which is the full version of Alex and Luna's duet at the fountain -- with accompaniment, so the ocarina part actually makes sense. :P I don't know why people get these two mixed up; the one that's playable off the disc has the (imperfectly in tune) chorus of girls joining in, which is certainly not present in the fountain scene.

Ariakan
Burg Farmer

Post by Ariakan »

Yeah, I'm just looking for Luna's, and not the duet.

I'm screwed because my friend broke the discs (dumb bastard left 'em on the floor and accidently stepped on them... *sigh*)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Waiiiit a minute.

I wonder...

If you wander around town, there's somebody who asks Luna to sing her song to them in preparation for the festival.

So Luna by herself is done in sprite form.

...Though I could've SWORN that was just the portion of the Blue Dragon shrine that was done by herself before the other girls joined in.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I'm screwed because my friend broke the discs (dumb bastard left 'em on the floor and accidently stepped on them... *sigh*)

Wow, that really sucks. Is your friend finding you a new copy at least?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Heh, if any of my friends did that, I wouldn't be alive long enough to kill them because I would die from a rapid heart attack :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Ariakan
Burg Farmer

Post by Ariakan »

He paid me double what I paid to buy them.

!0 bucks.

Canadian.

(I got it at a garage sale)

Should never have told him how much I paid, but I like mentioning deals...

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

The non-accompanied version of Luna's festival song (along with most of the game's sound effects and non-cutscene spoken dialogue) is on the _AUDIO.XA file on the disks, which you can read with a program like PSMplay. I was browsing it in response to this thread and reflecting on how anime-style the sound effects are. The sparkly magic sounds made me wonder if I was listening to Sailormoon. :D

Here's some presents I ripped for you all (WAV format):

Luna's festival song

Dark Goddess song

"C'mon! Get back on your feet!"

"Time to die."
「まあいいけど。」

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Ariakan wrote:He paid me double what I paid to buy them.

!0 bucks.

Canadian.

(I got it at a garage sale)

Should never have told him how much I paid, but I like mentioning deals...

I'd answer that offer with a hand gesture myself. It doesn't matter how much you paid for something. It's how much it's worth. We are talking about the actual game, right? Don't let him get away with that.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

10 canadian? Which is double what you paid? Which means you paid, what, roughly $2.00ish USD? You evil....

Edit: Oh yeah, Shiva, any way you can make those songs DL so I can throw them right on my harddrive? Also, doubt there is anyway you can actually do this, but Dark Althena isn't complete without the rest of her singing and music to go with it :P Like I said, doubt it's possible if it's a seperate file than the movie itself.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Edit: Oh yeah, Shiva, any way you can make those songs DL so I can throw them right on my harddrive?

Er, can you not right-click on the files? You should be given an option to download them, rather than have them open in a music player.
-G1

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

phyco126 wrote:Also, doubt there is anyway you can actually do this, but Dark Althena isn't complete without the rest of her singing and music to go with it :P Like I said, doubt it's possible if it's a seperate file than the movie itself.

There are people out there with the software and the know-how to do that, but I'm not one of them. However, there's no reason why you couldn't extract the audio from the movie itself. Also track 9 on Lunatic Festa 3, Yami no Megami, is an arrangement of the music from the Fortress raising squence, and very cool, I might add.
「まあいいけど。」

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hmmm, never tried right clicking it.... Regardless, no biggie :)

Ariakan
Burg Farmer

Post by Ariakan »

Shiva Indis wrote:Luna's festival song

This is exactly what I was looking for.

The full version would play when the game CDs were inserted into a CD player. Can't remember how long it is, but it's longer than the sample you posted.

Sadly, that means if it's a seperate track, I'm going to have a hell of a time trying to find another copy of the game.