Anyone know where I can import this manga?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
SilverOcean
Lyton Singer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Anyone know where I can import this manga?

Post by SilverOcean »

Does anyone know where I might be able to import:
HITOMI天空のエスカフローネ by Yuzuru Yashiro.

It's known known as Messiah Knight: The Vision of Escaflowne or HITOMI: The Vision of Escaflowne in english. I believe it was published by Asuka Comics DX.

Or maybe where I can import:

Lunar―ヴェーン飛空船物語 by Akari Funato.

Any help is appreciated!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The latter is best found on eBay, though I haven't seen it in a while. It does come up occasionally, usually just titled something like "Lunar manga". You might try searching for the English title (as seen on the cover): Vheen: the story of the Inheritance.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

It's out of print, apparently - not even major Japanese online stores can get Vane Airship Stories now. Kadokawa Shoten seems to control the publishing rights to the Lunar series in some fashion. These days, Funato Akari works with the publisher Gentousha, which has reprinted all the manga she wrote under Kadokawa except Childhood's End and Vane Airship Stories.

As for Yashiro Yuzuru's Escaflowne manga, I would like to read it. :) It always looked so much more interesting than Katsu Aki's manga. Seriously though, it's out of print. I found a Buy It Now style listing for it on Rakuten Fleamarket though. http://item.furima.rakuten.co.jp/item/45852769/ 400 yen for both volumes; no pictures, and no account of condition. If you wanna go for it, you can request a deputy service like Celga (it's easiest if you have a Paypal account set up for doing business with deputy services) to order it and ship it to you, but all the fees will probably end up being quarduple the 400 yen.
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

It also might interest you that LunarNET will have a full translation of the Vane manga by Friday. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)