The Lunar Soundtracks...

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Siazair
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The Lunar Soundtracks...

Post by Siazair »

Ok, please don't flame me for this but as I've stated I've been a lunar fan from 93 and my question is, Is there a way I can get every Lunar Soundtrack known to man through downloading or purchasing...I don't think its illegal due to the fact none of the soundtracks aside from the WD ones (which I have) have ever been liscened for American Release. and Listening to the samples on the site really makes me want to own or get them somehow...I just need ideas, links, or anything to start me on the path. Thanks guys!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

The legality really isn't much of the question... So don't stress over that.

But, it's hard to find the soundtracks these days anywhere, either through purchase, ordering online, or downloads. I don't even own any of the soundtracks; though a couple others here do. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Maybe we should try to get those people together, I'm sure we're not the only ones who want the soundtracks, perhaps we can get a bittorrent going or some such, or ask to see if G1 would be gracious enough to put the whole soundtracks up online...the music is so great out of the seris, I would love to see them and have them

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Reguardless of NA liescening, not everyone lives in the NA region. Piracy is still piracy reguardless where the liescence originates. And G1 is not one to promote piracy nor give out a full album on LunarNET, granted rare non-CD songs or demos, but the question of full album rips on LunarNET has been declined before. Your one that seems to be a leecher, so why not get your track over at LEB. And that is that.
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Because as I've said..I've gotten all I can get my hands on, about 90% of what I have is my own, since I bought one of the Lunar 2 imports. for something this rare, I'm not exactly sure how horrid it would be, I've tried ebay and the sorts but nothing came up. Do forgive my suggestng that he do such, I'm quite new here. It was just a idea for something as rare as the fiestas and the Parades but meh...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I'm not putting full soundtracks online, but there are a few full MP3 samples of some of the better songs on the site. Just look through Merchandise->Soundtrack Samples (or something like that)

If you are serious about purchasing the soundtracks though, some still pop up on Yahoo Japan Auctions (auctions.yahoo.co.jp) but you need to have someone that understands Japanese and a way to order them within Japan. Tthere are groups out there that will do this for you for a fee, but I don't know any offhand as I haven't used them. I know one has been mentioned here before though.

I do know that to get all these soundtracks, it costed me more than I really wanted to pay. Something in the area of 400 total if I remember right. But that's with All the Lunar included, so it evens out.
-G1

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

It would be hard to concentrate that much money on them...cripes...Out of them all, I only have one import (thats excluding the WD and the original ones for Sega CD). I guess I'll just have to surf EBay as I know the Fiesta ones have popped up there and maybe the Parades...I didn't mean to sound like a leech as the other suggested or suggest ill things of you G1. Thanks for all the info though

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Festa, not Fiesta.

And every one of my import soundtracks came from eBay in one manner or another. Haven't seen any hit recently though. I got mine over a period of several years. I don't have my records with me, but I think the most I paid was $76 and the least $7.50.

Like G1, I'm not interested in putting rips of my soundtracks online. I know people have found the various vocal songs here and there.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I didn't mean to sound like a leech as the other suggested or suggest ill things of you G1. Thanks for all the info though

Oh, I didn't take it like that at all. No worries. I know these soundtracks are nearly impossible to find.

And I used to call it Fiesta as well. I think it's a common mistake.

However, if there are like 2-3 songs you're interested in, I can probably make a few more samples available. I just don't want to make the entire CDs available. Not just because it's piracy, but also because it would eat up bandwidth as so many people just link straight to the files on LunarNET without even mentioning where they came from.
-G1

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I've found large portions of Parade and all of Festa on file sharing programs, but they are less common than the contents of Lunar Songs or WD's soundtracks.

Japanese CDs are expensive, and that has long held my collection down. I wonder what the retail prices were that 2500 yen per disk sounds like a reasonable asking price 9 years after the fact.
「まあいいけど。」

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

I barely even know what tracks...I'm not going to ask for the ones that I have to be put up (no matter how much I'd like to get my hands on the Import Lunar 2 Soundtrack that I lost! T.T the only things I have off of em are the opening and Pentegulia..Oh and Zophar's theme...ok, I have about five tracks from it but meh) I'd really like to have stuff from The Silver Star, Sega CD version..I absoulutely love the sample that I think is called, Saga of the Silver Star so really..anything like that, and Fight music! God I love the fight music...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Siazair wrote:I'd really like to have stuff from The Silver Star, Sega CD version..I absoulutely love the sample that I think is called, Saga of the Silver Star so really..anything like that, and Fight music! God I love the fight music...

Well, the rest of the CD isn't "anything like that". Saga of the Silver Star is the only arranged bit other than a couple of vocal songs, so you're hardly missing that much. I mean, there are subtleties on the OST which make it desirable, but really you may as well just play your game disc as an audio CD and you'll get almost the same thing. The OST tracks are mainly just longer; they're not arranged. I mean, you read my description on the soundtrack page, right?

G1, you really shouldn't have put that track up; it's the best one. See what unrealistic expectations come up from giving it away? :P I thought you were only planning on putting up 30 seconds or so, not the whole track.

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Well, its not JUST the battle music I like, I definately love it, but I also like other Lunar Music..especially from Lunar 1...and I guess its just the fanboy in me that demands I be compulsive about getting it..

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Of course. Lunar 1 has the best music of the series IMO. But I'm just saying, don't set yourself up expecting the entire TSS soundtrack to be like that long arranged track, 'cause it's not. (And don't expect to be able to find it, either; in the past four or five years I've only seen four auctions for it on eBay, two of which were won by G1 and myself.)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Actually, mine came from Yahoo Japan Auctions via Feena from RPGFan (who has completely disappeared it seems). In fact, I think every one of my soundtracks except the two SM ones were from Yahoo Japan Auctions.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Ah, maybe it was my friend Greg who got it. Or maybe one or both of you were just considering it. ^_^

There's a (genuine) Lunar Songs 1 up on eBay right now, by the way, from a seller I've bought from. It's a Buy It Now of $20, which is a pretty good price for it.

Edit: Whew, and the I+II artbook for an insane BIN of $200. Has a scan of the page with blonde Lucia if anyone wanted to see what that looked like, though.

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Think its worth it?

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Alunissage wrote:Edit: Whew, and the I+II artbook for an insane BIN of $200. Has a scan of the page with blonde Lucia if anyone wanted to see what that looked like, though.

That is insane. Especially concidering that I got confirmation on winning that very book for about a 1/10th of that on Y!JA earlier today. Before shipping of course...

Siazair, if you've ever wished you knew what got left out or changed during development, this is your artbook. I don't own it yet, but I've enough heard opinions to know I want it. That said, there's no good reason to pay $200 for it.
「まあいいけど。」

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Actually meant the Soundtrack, I know at least one of the sounds (I have a feeling 2 of the songs) I have already on the Lunar 2 soundtrack, but...yea...not going to pay 200 for a artbook...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

There's a (genuine) Lunar Songs 1 up on eBay right now, by the way, from a seller I've bought from. It's a Buy It Now of $20, which is a pretty good price for it.

Look who bought it. :P
-G1