Truth Behind Lunar: Legend's bad grammer...

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Truth Behind Lunar: Legend's bad grammer...

Post by phyco126 »

This one isn't Lunar-net related, but I figure this should get at least a chuckle in your heart. :) This is an alternate comic of another. The other, you will never see on these forums. However, if you are desperate to see it, just PM me.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Poor Luna, she never gets to sing from her heart!
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

That was cute. I feel bad for Luna too. There shoulda been more "1337" speak tho :P

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

HAHA, that's the best one yet.
-G1

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Truth Behind Lunar: Legend's bad grammer...

Post by Zophar »

phyco126 wrote:This one isn't Lunar-net related, but I figure this should get at least a chuckle in your heart. :) This is an alternate comic of another. The other, you will never see on these forums. However, if you are desperate to see it, just PM me.

That's funny. :lol: Mainly it's funny because it's so true. I wonder if they actually bothered to read the script after they translated it.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

In reference to the 1337 speak, when doing the last segment, I planned on have alot of l33t speak. It was supposed to look something like this: W12h1ng 0n a de@m f@r of, hp1ng 1t w1ll.... you get the point. I figured, well, there wasn't any leet speak in the game, just horrible mispellings and the dreadful overuse of "What is this?!" So, I felt that adding too much leet speak would pull away from the truth behind the game. Instead, I decided to through in one instance of leet speak, therefor provided the mispellings and talk of modern day kids, without overly over doing it :P

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

That was awesome! I was expecting this to be a thread about some kind of Engrish issues in the translation, but it's much better than that. It makes me want to play through LL again.

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

Not Bad...My friends found it hilarious

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Mmm, by the way, thanks everyone! You know, I just wish I always had ideas like that, that way I could actually make a comic that's funny! *gasp*

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I just wish I always had ideas like that, that way I could actually make a comic that's funny! *gasp*

...you make comics that aren't funny? :?

So far all I've seen is this, and the Lunar Wars stuff, and I really like them both. Then again, an artist is always their toughest critic.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, to be fair to myself, I do think my comics are funny. However, the fact that everyone is different in how they view comedy and what they find humorous or not. I may think my joke is the funniest in the world, but many others may think the opposite and do their best to see my computer burned. So, I was referring that I just don't have too many ideas that I find funny to do, in compariseson to other online comics who are able to pull comedy out of their butts nearly every day. (Penny Arcade, VG Cats, 8 bit theater, RPG World, Chugworth Academy, etc etc etc....)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

(Penny Arcade, VG Cats, 8 bit theater, RPG World, Chugworth Academy, etc etc etc....)

RPGWorld hasn't been updated in ages, though.

I met Ian J. a long while back, real friendly guy. Same way with the creators of 8BT, VGCats, and Chugworth--though the guys behind Chugworth have a bit dirtier sense of humor.

In any case, you're also comparing yourself to some of the best webcomics out there. So you probably shouldn't be that hard on yourself. Though, if you start your own website and ask for donations, that's another thing. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, if I did that, I would actually have to make a comic a bit more regularly. Sure I am comparing myself to the best webcomics out there, but still, I tend to feel that I could do better, and I often wish I could do better. Regardless, I'm happy with my comics, just not happy with the humor outcome of some of them. (Though I still think that my FFVII/L:L cross over was one of my best ones ever.)

Speaking of CHugworth, yeah, I tend to believe they push it when it comes to comics about underage people and sex. Really, the only reason I can stand reading it is because of 3 things. 1, it's a comic, not based on any real thing. 2, a bit of what happens in the comic does tend to happen in real life :roll:. 3, It's funny :).