Work in Progress.... on a piccie

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
LuciaOne
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Work in Progress.... on a piccie

Post by LuciaOne »

Gyar... I'm going to color pencil this piccie for a friend. I'm still deciding on a background for her. I know it'll be probably 3 gothic-styled windows. But I'm not sure if I want to do about behind that.... either bare trees/white field, or a bright colorful clouds/field scene. And I'm still deciding whether to transfer this image to gray bristol paper because it does a better job with shading for colored pencils.... anyways....!

She's an original design, and the skirt will have a black -> pink gradient on it. So it won't be plain.

Taken with my new digicam ( <3!!! )

Any feedback would be awesome =D!!!!
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Pirate ship! Put her on a pirate ship!

What kind of feedback are you wanting, though? Suggestions on a background, or suggestions about the girl herself? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Anything =]
~~~

~~~
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
~~~

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, my first impression off-the-bat is that she should have dark skin, like olive-to-brown. The full lips and wavy hair kind of imply that. Speaking of hair, a purplish color I think would go well, maybe dark purple faded in with black...

I dunno, I'm picturing it, but I don't quite know how to describe what I'm picturing.

The color of her clothing might not look so good with any pink if you go that route, but I'm no good at color coordination so that's all your call.

With the girl herself... she looks good, but something about the eyes strikes me as awkward. They seem blank, perhaps? Maybe too big? That might be the fault of no color, though.

And backgrounds.... hm.... I don't know where to begin. She looks like she'd belong in a fantasy setting; make a Shakespearean Midsummer Night's Dream setting. I'm thinking dark woods. Again, that's an initial impression. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Yeah, I've gotten good feedback on the eyes... I dunno, I was going to make her look kind of like my friend Susan, so she'd have black hair and she'd be white.... but I dunno, purple is cool too. Cause I wanna do mostly black on the outfit + purple + pink? I think I'm going to make there be bare trees in the BG behind gothic windows... aaaaaand .... I forgot what else. Oh wells.

Thank you for teh feedback!!!!
~~~

~~~
~~~

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Honestly, I see her as a blonde with green eyes... just me though. :P
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Kizyr wrote:Ok, my first impression off-the-bat is that she should have dark skin, like olive-to-brown.

Really? My first impression was that she looks a bit like Lemia in Confession of the Soul, so I was thinking of her coloring.

No time to study it deeply, but I notice that the lacings aren't very consistent in whether they go over or under the edges to go into the holes. The bottom two in particular look wrong since one side goes over and the other goes under. I don't think that would lie very flat.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I kinda saw that. The blonde hair, fair skinned, though I was thinking the clothing might be a greenish color. Hence the green eyes as well. It just seemed to fit in my mind anyways.
-G1

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

It's funny - the different preconceptions we each bring to the image. I immediately thought she looked like Terra/Tina from FF6, and figured her for a blond wearing mostly red. :D

Also the drapey skirt made me think of Shasta, a sorceress from Chaos Seed (which may be one of the best games you've never heard of). http://moonreading.lunarpages.com/funato/cs-shasta.jpg
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

She has full lips. Most girls I know with lovely, full lips have dark skin, either Indian or Black. Hence, that was my first impression. Usually, impressions are built up based on what we're used to seeing already; i.e., past experiences. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

That makes sense, though I have a pretty full lower lip myself and wouldn't have made the connection you did. I don't really associate flowing, wavy hair with African heritage, though; Indian is another matter.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Honestly, whatever color scheme you go with will probably look great, assuming it all coordinates. But I love Kizyr's idea of putting her on a pirate ship; she definately has that exotic, pirate-girl look about her.

Chiriku
Lyton Singer

Post by Chiriku »

I love this! That is so pretty. I wish I could draw that well. :?
Hello peeps! :)

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

Very nice artwork :)
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

CoePSX
Iluk Crackpot

Post by CoePSX »

Man, this rocked!! It doesn't matter if she's black, white, blond or redhead, it's perfectly drawn! You got quite a hand! :D

Although i saw it as a blond with green eyes too :roll:
Make it a raining scenario! It is gonna make a better impact. :wink:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The colorized version is the first link in this thread.