LunAr FanArt Poll Time!

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.

Which Title Would You Like To See More Fanart For?

TSS/SSSC
47%
EB/EBC
26%
MS/WS
16%
DS
11%

Total votes: 19

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

LunAr FanArt Poll Time!

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hello All!

Will all the buzz about HoSS it's inspired me to do some fanart... but I was curious if you guys wanted to see more fanart of a particular title. I'm most like going to do some sort of group piece and possible another group chibi piece as well. Please feel free to be as detailed about what you'd like to see, any particular characters, scenes from the game, etc :)

I'm still working on my Lunar fancomic for those of you that may be wondering, it's just slow going unfortunately as I've got a lot of projects I'm working on as of late.

Thanks a lot for your time and input! Take care now :D

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Re: LunAr FanArt Poll Time!

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Wow a lot of views and votes already! Thanks guys! Any particular characters or anything in general that you'd like to see drawn then? The world is your oyster! xD

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

I have always wanted to see what would have happened if Alex lost to Ghaleon. I think Ghaleon would decide to kill the guys and keep Mia and Jessica, and do the same thing to them that he did to Luna. Like a dark Althena, evil Jessica and evil Mia artwork. I think that would be sweet. Sounds kinda hard to do though, lol. Just thought I would throw my idea out there. :mrgreen:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

That makes no sense whatsoever. There's nothing particularly special about either of them, unlike Luna, and there would be no reason that they would be enslaved while the guys would merely be killed except your own messed-up notions of what would be "sweet".

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

An evil Alex and the rest sounds like it would be an interesting concept, but I want to see a thin Ramus.
To have no fear, you must know fear.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

More Jean/Lemina fanart! :)
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Alunissage wrote:That makes no sense whatsoever. There's nothing particularly special about either of them, unlike Luna, and there would be no reason that they would be enslaved while the guys would merely be killed except your own messed-up notions of what would be "sweet".
Whoa. Calm down, that is just my opinion, and I still think it is a good one. There IS something special about them. Out of everyone, they were the only girls to try and stand up to Ghaleon. No one else in the world did. Sure, their not as special as Luna, but they ARE special, and in my opinion, Ghaleon would want to keep them. He could use them to fight aginst anyone else that decided to try and step up, kinda like Royce and Xenobia. Even if I am completely wrong, it was only an idea for some fanart. Its not like I just joined Gamearts and am making a new Lunar game where all of this happens, lol

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

They're not "the only girls who stood up to Ghaleon". Did you forget Lemia already? And if Ghaleon had no compunction about locking up Lemia, mentally and physically, he's not going to have much more concern for her daughter. Ditto turning Mel to stone vs Mel's daughter. And in SSSC Ghaleon expects Luna -- that is, the mortal part of Althena -- to die after he finishes taking power. There's just no reason at all that he'd bother with Jessica and Mia.

You seem to think Fresca doesn't exist either. Or the girl who Luna helped escape. Jessica and Mia were in a party with the person who became Dragonmaster and the only surviving dragon and in general had more resources to resist, as well as were the daughters of the previous heroes, so they were both more conspicuous and more driven. But they weren't the only people willing to stand up to Ghaleon, and those assets probably still wouldn't have helped them much if he hadn't known ahead of time that they couldn't possibly be Althena.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Woe, I'm sorry I didn't mean to start anything by asking :(

While I agree Ghaleon probably wouldn't enslave them, I also think that's the nice thing about fanmade arts, it doesn't necessarily have to make sense. The enslaving idea did make me think of another two piece project... maybe have a group shot of all the females of Lunar in white clothing and an opposite where they are black clothing. It would tie-in nicely with my 100 challenge themes "light" and "dark" too.

Alun, since I know you know the games very well would you mind helping me compile a list of all the female characters good and bad? I may dismiss the light and dark idea, but a nice group portrait of all the girls sounds like fun. I also haven't done a group lunar piece since the chibi one used for the tournies. Shame on me!

Also, a big thanks to everyone for replying! I will definitely keep all your suggestions in mind :D

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Eh, don't be sorry... debating about points not explicitly covered in the games is the best part of the boards. Well, for me, anyway. =)

I'll dig out my character list and give you as much info as I can. Kiz will need to check over the MS/WS names though. Do you want me to send you a list, or post it here?

And I should have replied with something germane to your topic, I just hadn't thought about it yet. Some of my favorite Lunar art is that which shows the characters doing things outside of their game appearances, in different outfits, etc. For example, the EBC bromides of Luna, Mia, Jessica and Mauri, or the sketches in the I+II artbook of Alex, Luna, Mia, and Nash as, well, grown-ups. (The only fanart I've ever done was in that line also.)

So I guess that's what I'd like to see. Mainly about the Lunar 1 characters because I know them best and their befores and afters are relatively uncontroversial.

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Alunissage wrote:They're not "the only girls who stood up to Ghaleon". Did you forget Lemia already? And if Ghaleon had no compunction about locking up Lemia, mentally and physically, he's not going to have much more concern for her daughter. Ditto turning Mel to stone vs Mel's daughter. And in SSSC Ghaleon expects Luna -- that is, the mortal part of Althena -- to die after he finishes taking power. There's just no reason at all that he'd bother with Jessica and Mia.

You seem to think Fresca doesn't exist either. Or the girl who Luna helped escape. Jessica and Mia were in a party with the person who became Dragonmaster and the only surviving dragon and in general had more resources to resist, as well as were the daughters of the previous heroes, so they were both more conspicuous and more driven. But they weren't the only people willing to stand up to Ghaleon, and those assets probably still wouldn't have helped them much if he hadn't known ahead of time that they couldn't possibly be Althena.
Yeah, there was other people, but Jessica and Mia are not your everyday girls. They're special. I should have said, there was only a handful of girls that were willing to stand up to Ghaleon. I just can't see Ghaleon killing them. I really don't think he would, dispite how evil he is/was. I can see him using them for something. Maybe using them like Xenobia and Royce, if anyone else decided to try and stop him. They are powerful chicks, after all.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Xenobia and Royce joined him voluntarily for their own reasons. He'd have to actually compel Mia and Jessica. Which again makes no sense. If he can compel humans successfully it would have made more sense to do so with Lemia, who was fully powerful (rather than Mia). And Jessica's power comes FROM Althena, who is already under Ghaleon's control (and Ghaleon is an ex-priest himself so it's unlikely that Jessica would be able to do anything he couldn't anyway). Other than that she's just a strong fighter, but probably not the strongest around. So again, no reason to keep them around. He'd be a lot more likely to use Nash, for the obvious reason that he DID use Nash (in SSSC).

So if you want to make a case for evil-servant-of-Ghaleon Nash fanart, that would be far more reasonable.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:So if you want to make a case for evil-servant-of-Ghaleon Nash fanart, that would be far more reasonable.
Time to break out the magic robot chicken suit again! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)