My music. Opinion's needed.

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My music. Opinion's needed.

Post by WD RPG WD »

Just wanted to get some opinions on some of my music. I'm warming up to hopefully compose for a video game again.

First one is for a calm forest type setting.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnnynlfzyib

Second is for a blizzard scene in dark woods setting.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kxm0yuuojqo

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: My music. Opinion's needed.

Post by Aquaignis »

Well, the first half of the first one doesn't exactly speak calm forest so much, but I could definitely imagine the second half in a forest scene of a video game. :)

The second song is just great. Love it.

Well I hope that my non-professional opinion helps; I love listening to others' music :)
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I agree with Aqua here. I'm not an audiophile nor am I a professionaly, however when listening to the first one I immediately had images of being in a small oriental trading down in Mongolia back in the day.

However, I liked them both and both are soothing to me.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Thank's for the outlook. I wrote the first one 4 years ago and recently updated it. I always thought of it as a forest theme but I've listened to it 200 times so I kind of got sick of it.

Aqua, you said you like listening to other peoples music? Do you compose as well?

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

The music is great and I can see where you were going with the forest idea in the first song. I do like the bird sounds in the flute. (I'm assuming flute.) But I don't think that is enough to make it sound like a forest. About a minute into the song I hear the forest slightly but by then it's too late. When I listen to the song I really hear a port village, or a place by the ocean. The music seems very aquatic to me. <3 it though!

As for the second song it's great!

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Aqua, you said you like listening to other peoples music? Do you compose as well?
No, but I would like to someday for recreation. Could you pm me what I need to get started?
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I fixed your first post and deleted your second. You just needed to edit your post and uncheck "Disable BBCode" before submitting it to make the quote tags work.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Good stuff George! I don't really have much to add that hasn't been said, as I'm no expert on audio and all. I still remember listening to your old school MIDIs back in the late 90s or so! I'm sure I probably still have them on an old computer somewhere.
-G1

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Thanks G1. The youtube video I just uploaded is a remix of one of the old songs. Aqua I'll send you a message about how to start writing music. Unfortunetly just to get started costs around 2k. But there is alternatives.

swordandshield
Lyton Singer

Post by swordandshield »

Nice music, very mystique and sort of melancholy but soothing at the same time.

Are they remixes of anything by any chance or songs that you created?

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

They are 100% original. Thanks for the compliment. You too Monde Luna. Melancholy though? Are you sure that just wasn't your current state at the time? :)

swordandshield
Lyton Singer

Post by swordandshield »

It could have been, I do feel melancholy from time to time.

I often find things that are solemn and calm to be somewhat gloomy if I view them from a certain angle and use my imagination a bit. Just take the serenity of the night, it's calm and peaceful but yet at the same time it can be gloomy when you think of how lonely the night is when everyone around you is sleeping and you're awake alone.

So, it depends on the atmosphere the song is taking place in and how my mind perceives it.