Lunar Commission - Zack

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Commission - Zack

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hi all,

I just completed a commission for a fellow Lunar fan of her original character Zack. I hope you all like it! I plan to color/CG the Ghaleon fanart in a similar fashion :)

Thanks and take care!

CCG
Lann Fisherman

Re: Lunar Commission - Zack

Post by CCG »

I've already expressed my love for this on DA and in e-mail, so I'm sure you must be tired of hearing it from me by now. XD But I really do appreciate your work, and I can't thank you enough, Danni. He came out most awesomely~ ;D Your coloring really brings life to him. =) Thanks again!

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I'm not tired at all - very relieved in fact that you like it. Like I mentioned in my email I was worried you may not have like some of the liberties I took with it. But I'm glad it all worked out in the end :D

Another reason I'm thankful is that I learned a couple of things while coloring him so a total win/win situation here! :D I will try to get to work on Silvie soon - but I've decided to redraw her. I just don't like how the pencils look :\ I just don't like her eyes for some reason. That and I think she looks too mature :\ But I'll be sure to send along a sketch to you for your approval though!

Thanks again and take care!

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Ok, because I'm an artist/musician I tend to be very blunt. It looks great and the color of it was also great. The only thing is somthing is a little off. IMO, it has somthing to do with the lips. If you hold a finger up and block the left side of the lips, it looks perfect. Maybe it's the expression the lips are giving off... I don't know. If the drawling was average I would have said it was good and left it at that but since it's almost perfect I had to mention it. I hope I'm not sounding rude.

Happy Birthday BTW Jean. :!:

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

You're not being rude at all, no worries! I welcome all critiques good and the bad. Not to say yours was bad!

He's got himself a wide mouth that is true, I think it's because I didn't stretch his bottom lip out a bit more. I think maybe the lip doesn't quite stretch with that line of his mouth... Bah, this is the thing that sucks about looking at my own stuff for so long, I don't catch things like that. You know, I probably shouldn't say this, but I think I see something else a bit "off", his shoulders ;_; Oy, I think his shoulders are perhaps facing a bit too forward. Arr.

I thank you kindly for commenting WD and I am always open for all feedback, so keep posting and be blunt as you like - I really appreciate it :)

Thanks and take care!

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Nice pic, very nice. At first I thought he might've been related to Portia from your Tear in Time fics, but after another look I see I was mistaken. Still, it's a very nice pic.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

hrmm... now that you mention it.... :D

A friend of mine said he looks like a cross between Jessica and Kyle. I said I could see it, but I'm not sure how the green hair would be explained haha - Thanks for commenting :)