Ghaleon Cosplay

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Ghaleon Cosplay

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Kizyr wrote:Nice! Like the new armor {^^}
Shinto-Cetra wrote:So I now work at a fabric store, and look what my newest sewing project was...And yes new armor is incoming.
For my next eventual Ghaleon video, might anyone find it entertaining if I reviewed Lunar games/manga AS GHALEON? It would be very meta for sure.
I remember someone several years ago reviewed the punching puppets as Ghaleon. My memory is totally hazy but... was that you?

Regardless I'd definitely get a kick out of it =D.KF
Thanks Kizyr! I've never done a review of the punching puppet as Ghaleon though. My first public appearance as Ghaleon is the first vid in this thread, early 2015. And thanks for the input, that Lunar review will be done eventually, it'll probably take more planning than the others, so I don't know when.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Neat costume! I'd love to see someone rock Ghaleon's purple outfit when he was first introduced. "Itttttttts.......No bother"
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

By the way... while trying to find that punching puppet video I remember (no luck), I did come across this...
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Thanks Shugohanasaki! I may do that in that version future just so I can be Ghaleon when it's a really hot in a future summer (the main issue is I'm not musically talented...can't play a Sitar/lute.)

Kizyr, I actually just looked up "Ghaleon puppet review" the other day, also did not find it.

Next videoes are still being planned out btw.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

You don't have to play his instrument ^^ Just walk around without it. I'm sure Ghaleon doesn't walk around with it stuck to his clothes XD. Or maybe just have it on your back? Strapped?
Lotus Moon Productions

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Finally! more stuff:

I also have a FB page now if anyone is interested: https://www.facebook.com/myrpgisbetterthanyours/

Also Shugo, I think I responded to you in private, but I plan to do the pleasure garden/lute cosplay when it gets warmer next year. Overheating is never fun.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Had a blast at Castle Point anime con 2018. I did revise the bandages, but other than it's mostly the same, so I just memed myself XD
ghaleon puppet son.jpg
ghaleon puppet son.jpg (172.79 KiB) Viewed 40095 times
(Make sure to pronounce "again" as "uh-ghaaayyyn" in a Truitt voice)
I am working on the lute version, and a new parody video to go with it as hinted here though: http://lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=596
Also I'm on Instagram now: https://www.instagram.com/myrpgisbetter ... rscosplay/

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Hah! This is all great! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Kizyr wrote:Hah! This is all great! KF
Lol thanks again, Kizyr!

Tierz
NPC

Post by Tierz »

Shinto-Cetra wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:20 pm Thanks Shugohanasaki! I may give Money Mutual a shot in that version future just so I can be Ghaleon when it's a really hot in a future summer (the main issue is I'm not musically talented...can't play a Sitar/lute.)

Kizyr, I actually just looked up "Ghaleon puppet review" the other day, also did not find it.

Next videoes are still being planned out btw.
That's just awesome, Shinto-Cetra. How long did it take you to make that costume?
Last edited by Tierz on Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Tierz wrote:That's just awesome, Shinto-Cetra. How long did it take you to make that costume?
Thanks! The first version (SSSC/SSH final boss form) initially took about half a year, but has been heavily revised sporadically since the first video/photos in 2015. To make a console analogy, the current version is, shall we say the "Althena Power Convertor Slimline" ahaha. The black spike armor/black tassle dress seen in every version of Lunar 1 maybe 2/3 of a year, but hasn't seen any serious revision since.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

So I finished the casual/lute/vane gardens version of Ghaleon...It's nice to not overheat in cosplay for once. Full photo set can be found on DA/Instagram/FB .

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I appreciate and respect the amount of effort you have put into this, and perhaps I'm being too picky, but I just don't think this captures Ghaleon's purple outfit in SSSC. This one looks way too pink and shiny for it to match. It's a nice cosplay in itself, but as for Ghaleon I think it misses the mark.
Lotus Moon Productions

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

ShugoHanasaki wrote:I appreciate and respect the amount of effort you have put into this, and perhaps I'm being too picky, but I just don't think this captures Ghaleon's purple outfit in SSSC. This one looks way too pink and shiny for it to match. It's a nice cosplay in itself, but as for Ghaleon I think it misses the mark.
Yes you are being too picky by your own admission, especially since this was was based off the concept art attached (I know I posted this image in your Telegram btw). Plus how shiny a fabric is cannot be determined from a piece of 2D animation footage; it's open to interpretation. Look in general I appreciate constructive criticism (e.g. -not that either of these apply- but hypothetically, "the seams are visible" "the triangles are only one color when they should be two"), but this is just nitpicking.
IMG_4979.GIF
IMG_4979.GIF (88.63 KiB) Viewed 39664 times

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

"it's open to interpretation"

You kind of chewed up my opinion lol. Just one opinion of many. Didn't say you had to agree with my opinion. It's how I perceive your outfit. That's all. Nothing more. I just don't think it holds up to the original imo.
Lotus Moon Productions

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Look at this rare game I found!!! (Not really...)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

What does Ghaleon tennis trash talk sound like?

"It looks like the ball is in my court, dear Quark."
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Sonic# wrote:What does Ghaleon tennis trash talk sound like?

"It looks like the ball is in my court, dear Quark."
XD... *if* this were a real game, there would be different taunts yelled depending on whom one plays as, Quark or otherwise. Also I would play Ghaleon but John Truitt would do the voices. The lip syncing would be off so it would look like a bad kung fu movie...

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Sonic# wrote:What does Ghaleon tennis trash talk sound like?
"I'm going to serve this on a delicious half-shell!"
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa