A tribute to Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A tribute to Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

You were always a blast to watch and in my opinion an amazing CEO. You remembered what fun was in a world that only cares for epic. You smiled through it all, it's devastating to lose you so suddenly.

Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata.

-Nobi

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: A tribute to Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

Post by Kizyr »

Wonderful tribute.

Man, it's really sad to see his passing. He really represented a lot of what made Nintendo as a company so endearing. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I really liked him, especially what I saw of him on GCCX. (Kizyr, are you part of the SA translation group, by any chance?) It was great that he started as a game programmer himself and had a personal interest in games. And while I haven't watched many of the Nintendo Direct videos, I appreciated that he did them himself.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Kizyr wrote:Wonderful tribute.

Man, it's really sad to see his passing. He really represented a lot of what made Nintendo as a company so endearing. KF
Thank you! I'm very happy with how it turned out. I'm gonna miss his honest personality.
Alunissage wrote:Yeah, I really liked him, especially what I saw of him on GCCX. (Kizyr, are you part of the SA translation group, by any chance?) It was great that he started as a game programmer himself and had a personal interest in games. And while I haven't watched many of the Nintendo Direct videos, I appreciated that he did them himself.
It really is an amazing story of a man who worked his way up to the top rather than some random business suit taking over the company.
-Nobi

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:Yeah, I really liked him, especially what I saw of him on GCCX. (Kizyr, are you part of the SA translation group, by any chance?)
Oh no. A friend got me into GCCX and by then the SA group were already 100+ episodes into the translation. I unfortunately don't have time for contributing to any major projects like that these days...

The translation is pretty impressive, too. The host's Kansai dialect is hard for me to follow at many times, and they're quite good at capturing his personality. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)