Breath of the Wild: Princess Zelda

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Breath of the Wild: Princess Zelda

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

My first real experiment with Photoshop. It came out okay, was hoping for more *umph* but it's a 1st attempt. Learned some stuff. I take too long to paint anything. orz

-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Breath of the Wild: Princess Zelda

Post by Alunissage »

I haven't seen any of the art or trailers, so I don't know the reference. But it looks to me like her left shoulder is rather high, unless her dress has puffy sleeves, in which case the puff should be more obvious. Love the lighting effects but it looks like the light is yellower on her dress (because of the green highlights) than on her face and white clothes. The hair behind her, to the left of the picture, should probably also be darker, since the light is strong. Having a little bit of trouble pinpointing what direction it's in from the highlights on her chest and face. But lighting tends to be a little bit of a tic for me; figuring out where it's from is a puzzle I automatically try to solve with every piece of art I look at. (It's one reason why the collage art from Silver Star Harmony with Alex holding the sword horizontally bugs me.)

While typing this, the window is scrolled so that the top of her head is offscreen. For some reason her face is reminding me a lot of Princess Leia.

Anyway, I figure you're probably secure enough in your skills that I don't also need to praise you, but for the record I do like the coloring of the dress. :)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I'll have to do a better job next time regarding the lighting. I admit I didn't fully plan it out. orz

I always love praise, would never turn it down. XD
-Nobi

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

It's really nice, I like the lighting, and her hair/eyes especially.