Lunar: Eternal Sapphire [Some New News]

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by phyco126 »

Depends on the PC (multiple hard-drives) and the size and age of the hard-drive (if the tower was made to handle the size of HD.) Some computers can have 3 - 4 hard drives, some 1. *shrug* Thus, with the fact that HDs are cheap, I recommend getting a wonderful USB or equavillant external harddrive. 320 GB for only $99.99 baby!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

While external hard-drives are less likely to fail due to less strain being placed up on them, they can still fail. It is actually better to back your files up on DVD or CD and have multiple copies if you really want security.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Ozone wrote:While external hard-drives are less likely to fail due to less strain being placed up on them, they can still fail. It is actually better to back your files up on DVD or CD and have multiple copies if you really want security.
Yeah, but DVDs and CDs can be scratched beyond recognition...

It's best to keep your important stuff in multiple media. I have all my important stuff on a flash drive and an external hard drive.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Meh, I've always believed in multiple backups of the same thing using different methods. I've had HD failure twice several years ago, very horrid experience.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

YES!! Eternal Sapphire is up and running again! :D Can't wait to see the "filler" episodes, it'll definitely tide me over until the main story continues. Kudos, Zophar. Keep up the great work. :wink:

Deathblood
Student of Vane
Location: In survitude to The Reapers and about to kill Commander Shepard

Re: Lunar: Eternal Sapphire

Post by Deathblood »

how do i get on your DA account?
Ways of death comes in many shapes. But there are only a few shapes of death itself.[/i]

henmarko
Burg Farmer

Post by henmarko »

wow! My Lunar Life is saved!!!! I only wish I could see the links that you said you posted... I wanna join T_T...

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Wait, what? You guys can't access it? Huh, that's weird. I'll try to look into what's going on.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I kinda haven't kept up with this project since last summer due to trying to get the new site up, but I just read your computer problems from last year, Zophar. Did you ever recover things? If you lost original FLAs, there are ways to decompile a SWF back into an FLA. I really wish I had seen this sooner.
-G1

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

GhaleonOne wrote:I kinda haven't kept up with this project since last summer due to trying to get the new site up, but I just read your computer problems from last year, Zophar. Did you ever recover things? If you lost original FLAs, there are ways to decompile a SWF back into an FLA. I really wish I had seen this sooner.
Yea I did manage to recover everything. Now I just have to get everything reorganized and then the project should get back on track. Thanks! :)

Speaking of the project, I have an announcement to make:

As of now, the current plan is to convert Lunar: The Eternal Sapphire into a game. The first step will be a demo, and if the demo does well the project will be completely converted into a game. If not, then it will go back to a movie project.

I will give more details when they are available! :)

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Sweet! :D If TES does become a game, will you still need voice clips? And what will it run on, RPGMaker or something like that? Just wondering, that would be so cool.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Bravo 29 wrote:Sweet! :D If TES does become a game, will you still need voice clips? And what will it run on, RPGMaker or something like that? Just wondering, that would be so cool.
I don't know what the situation with voice acting will be. I'd like to keep it if I could, but only time will tell. I plan on using RPGMaker VX to make the game.

In regards to the demo, it is currently in the planning stage. You know, where I sit down and figure out WHAT the player will be doing during the demo. I'm also working with the various sprites and portraits and what not.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

If I knew/had the talent to make my own sprites, I would be kicking out games left and right. As it is, I can't. =/ However, if you make demo, I will be more than happy to play it. XD

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Awesome, Can't wait!!

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Zophar wrote:Yea I did manage to recover everything. Now I just have to get everything reorganized and then the project should get back on track. Thanks! :)

Speaking of the project, I have an announcement to make:

As of now, the current plan is to convert Lunar: The Eternal Sapphire into a game. The first step will be a demo, and if the demo does well the project will be completely converted into a game. If not, then it will go back to a movie project.

I will give more details when they are available! :)
Excellent! If you still need voice talent, let me know. :P
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Thank you everyone for your feedback! :)

Voice acting... I'm going to look into the possibility of having it. It's not confirmed if it will or will not be in the project yet.

Speaking of the project, I have released some screenshots to show everyone a small sample of what I've been working on for the past three days or so.

I made sure to acquire as many Lunar sprites as I could. Here are some examples of items you wil see in the demo.

There will also be these Althena statues in towns, and in some other areas too. Naturally, you know what they are used for. :P

That's all for now. Hopefully my next update, whenever that is, will be the release of the demo... but that won't be for awhile. I will let you guys know when I have an estimate as to when this demo will come out.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Lunar: Eternal Sapphire UPDATE: SCREEN SHOTS OF DEMO

Post by Sadrin »

How is this comming along? I really want to see what you do with RMVX.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Sadrin wrote:How is this comming along? I really want to see what you do with RMVX.
Pretty well. Since I'm a total rpg maker newbie, the majority of the development so far has been me learning how to use various things in the program, like the events and what not. There are some limitations that have been popping up here and there, like not being able to import more tiles to use in the editor; but I think I've found a few ways around that.

You're using Rpg Maker XP, right? How is that version of the program?

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

It can take awhile to learn rpg makers but once you get the hang of it you'll be able to use any other version. I myself don't really care for RMVX because of the titleset limits and a few other things but overall its said to be better than RMXP. I feel that RMXP is a better program as your able to really make it your own game. There isn't alot of limits to what you can do. Rmxp is used more for detailed games and rmvx seems to aim more at simple looking games. I use rmxp because I can make tiles as large as I want along with characters. The 4 layers of map really make a big differnce. I did find that using smaller charactersets with xp tend to not look as good so rmvx is perfect for lunar 1-2 sprites. If you have any questions about rpgmaker just let me know! I used to run the offical...well as offical as you could get rpg maker 2000 help chatroom a few years ago.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Sadrin wrote:It can take awhile to learn rpg makers but once you get the hang of it you'll be able to use any other version. I myself don't really care for RMVX because of the titleset limits and a few other things but overall its said to be better than RMXP. I feel that RMXP is a better program as your able to really make it your own game. There isn't alot of limits to what you can do. Rmxp is used more for detailed games and rmvx seems to aim more at simple looking games. I use rmxp because I can make tiles as large as I want along with characters. The 4 layers of map really make a big differnce. I did find that using smaller charactersets with xp tend to not look as good so rmvx is perfect for lunar 1-2 sprites. If you have any questions about rpgmaker just let me know! I used to run the offical...well as offical as you could get rpg maker 2000 help chatroom a few years ago.
Yeah it is rather annoying with the limitations and what not that come in RPG Maker VX, that's it's biggest down side in my oppinion. Thanks, I'll be sure to let you know if I have any questions. :)