Nintendo DS poll!

For any and all webpolls.

Does the announcement of Lunar: Dragon Song effect whether you will buy a Nintendo DS?

Yes, I want a DS solely because of this game.
35%
I was considering buying a DS, and this game seals the deal.
11%
I was already planning on buying one, this game is just a bonus.
7%
I'm still not entirely sure if I want to buy one or not.
2%
Lunar game or not, I'm not buying a Nintendo DS.
2%
I already own a Nintendo DS.
43%

Total votes: 46

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Nintendo DS poll!

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Was just wondering who's getting a Nintendo DS, and if Lunar: Dragon Song is influencing their decisions.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I fall into the second category, I suppose. I already do like the DS, but I've been holding back, waiting for games that I really like to come out. This is one of the prime ones.

I don't think I could get the system if I didn't already like it though.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

I didn't want a DS and I wasn't even going to give this a second thought until I heard about the new Lunar game. Now I've gotta find a place where I can pick one up used and cheap just so that I can play this one game. *sighs*

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

I was already going to buy a DS, so this game makes no difference to me. As soon as three of the games I want are launched (or Lost in Blue is released, whichever hits first) I'm buying my DS. The fact Lunar is being released is just a bonus.

I would've been more irritated if Lunar was announced for the PSP because there's nothing I want on the PSP and I wouldn't be able to justify buying a system for just one game. The DS I know is going to have several games I want (since I saw them all at E3). It's just a matter of waiting for them to come out.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I already had a DS. I got it for Christmas. :) I'm glad Lunar ds is coming out on it. The only game I have for the DS is Wario Ware Touched....and I only bought that because I had no game for the DS.

If it was for the PSP I would have to save even MORE money back to get the PSP...I'm already saving back for a bunch of things that come out this year.

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

*Sigh*...I'm going to flick out 150$ just to play LunarDS for the expense of the system...and that'd also mean I have to pay about...30-35$ more to get the game...grr! :evil:
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Rune Lai wrote:I would've been more irritated if Lunar was announced for the PSP because there's nothing I want on the PSP and I wouldn't be able to justify buying a system for just one game. The DS I know is going to have several games I want (since I saw them all at E3). It's just a matter of waiting for them to come out.

Yeah, likewise. I already have my DS, but only bought my second game for it yesterday (Polarium, still haven't put it in). But I was willing to buy it since I passed on getting a SP but did want a way to play my GBA games backlit. I can't think of anything I'm after on the PSP except maybe Metal Gear Acid. And I do look forward to future DS games. I'm willing to try Lost in Blue on your recommendation, I saw Trauma Center at E3, and I played Nintendogs there too. And I think there were one or two more that I thought sounded neat that I can't think of right now. I got really tired of all the PSP fanism a few months ago, but the DS seems to be getting its own back on the software front.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I would of never broughten the DS if it wasn't for Lunar. I would of gotten another gaming system until I got my own place (probably) if it wasn't for the new Lunar.

And I am likewise very happy that Lunar: Dragon Song is coming out for the DS and not the PSP. I am not spoiled and not made of money. It's already going to drain my bank account for the DS as it is.

I need to get paid more. :?
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

artzi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by artzi »

I was already planning on buying one, this game is just a bonus.

Pitch
Nanza Bandit

Post by Pitch »

I've had a DS since launch actually. I got it for Metroid Prime Hunters - which was unfortunately delayed; I don't regret buying a DS early though, as other games have more than kept my attention. I wasn't even into Lunar when I got a DS, but now that I'm addicted I'm most definitely getting Dragon Song.

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

I got a Nintendo DS at launch as a result of the Super Mario 64 remake it launched with. Afterwards, I've only used it for Game Boy Advance games until Meteos came out. Now I'm waiting for Lunar: Dragon Song and Mario Kart DS to finally give me and my DS that rollar coaster ride I've been waiting for.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

I already have a DS, and I don't regret buying it.

With games such a Lunar, Seiken Densetsu, Mario Kart, Xenosaga, Animal Crossing, and Harvest Moon coming to the DS in the future, I'm sure I'll be very satisfied.

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

I was hoping to ignore the DS and PSP completely, but now I almost certainly will buy one once Lunar DS comes out in English. I'll probably pick up Feel the Magic (and its upcoming sequel) and Nanostray as well, now that the hardware is finally justified.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Personally, I would rather just get the game for collector's sake then spend the money on a system I don't want (unlike the GBA for instance)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Rino
Saith Pirate

Post by Rino »

I have the DS already in my household, but I wouldn't buy it myself even if Lunar: Dragon Song is comming out on it. Mainly because I think the DS is waste of money. I'm just lucky someone at home was stupid enough to buy it. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

I already have a DS. So Lunar Dragon song being made on it is a bonus for me ^_^

mr. farenheit
Saith Pirate

Post by mr. farenheit »

I already have a ds.And I don't see why people are bashing the ds.Please at least wait until the next e3 is over before you start saying that it truly sucks.Chances are,the ds will probably get good by then.Same goes for the psp.Give it time to get more good games.

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

-

Post by SSSFan »

sister has a ds and I may use it when I'd buy a game for it, so I'llcertainly buy it. :P

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Uh... wha?

I'm merging this into the topic I think it goes in. Next time, hit 'Post Reply' instead of 'New Topic'. :D
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Well, I got a GBA because Lunar Legend and the Castlevanias.

Now there's a new Lunar, and Castlevania for DS, and the cycle begins again.