For any and all webpolls.

Who would win this Battle Royal?

Superman (Golden Age)
21%
Harry Potter (In book 7)
21%
Cole Turner (Charmed Season 5)
7%
Anakin Skywalker (Episode 3 and Pre-Darth Vader)
14%
Neo (Matrix Revolutions)
14%
Angelus (Any time during Buffy or Angel)
No votes
River Tam (Serenity)
14%
Optimus Prime (Most recent Transformers Movie)
7%

Total votes: 14

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Who would win this Battle Royal?

Post by Sonic# »

Harry Potter can initiate minor magic with his wand, and there are ways of casting spells without speaking that he's gradually learned. Speaking does help. But he doesn't need to speak to apparate.

And as for Cole, can't Superman just fly around the planet and turn back time to when Cole was his human form, and kill him?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Harry Dresden > Harry Potter

So if "Potter" can win this battle, then Dresden totally could--and easier.

Partially because Dresden is willing to use a gun instead of a wand if it gets the job done. And his evocation magic is better, even when unfocused.

Oh, but wait... Laws of Magic and all, he probably wouldn't even get involved in this fight unless absolutely necessary. So, never mind, he wouldn't play. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

The answer is simple... Goku.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Sonic# wrote: And as for Cole, can't Superman just fly around the planet and turn back time to when Cole was his human form, and kill him?
That's assuming that Cole doesn't stop him before he gets the chance. In Superman 1 when he did that to save Lois Lane's life it took him several seconds to turn back time just a few hours. That means it would take him several minutes (or more) to turn back time several MONTHS when Cole was temporarily human. That gives Cole MORE than enough time to react.

Here's what I see happening:

Superman speeds toward Cole and sucker punches him (because Cole's not as fast as Superman). Cole falls to the ground and sees Superman flying towards outer space. Automatically Cole assumes SOMETHING is up (even if he doesn't know exactly what Superman is doing), so he slows down time. Once Superman is moving at a snail's pace Cole TK materializes him back to Earth, TK materializes Kryptonite from either Luther's mansion or the Batcave, straps it to his (Superman's) chest, and then he blasts him with an energy ball. Instant Superman Souffle!
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Sephiroth casts meteor and kills them all.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon wrote:The answer is simple... Goku.
Werefrog wrote:Sephiroth casts meteor and kills them all.
Okay guys....If we're going to talk about people that aren't included in the poll we can't deny the inevitable. Chuck Norris would kill them ALL!!!! I didn't include him in the poll because I didn't think it would be fair for GOD to be in a Battle Royal. Lol.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Can Chuck Norris defeat a meteor? I think not.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Werefrog wrote:Can Chuck Norris defeat a meteor? I think not.
Never underestimate the power of ZEN!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

AlexHiro4 wrote:
Guild_Premier_Ghaleon wrote:The answer is simple... Goku.
Werefrog wrote:Sephiroth casts meteor and kills them all.
Okay guys....If we're going to talk about people that aren't included in the poll we can't deny the inevitable. Chuck Norris would kill them ALL!!!! I didn't include him in the poll because I didn't think it would be fair for GOD to be in a Battle Royal. Lol.
It doesn't really matter; both would have the same problem. Goku would wind up his attack and we'd have to wait three months for it to finally hit. Sephiroth would cast meteor and we'd have to wait through a seven-hour cutscene to get to it.

By that time, the battle would already be over, and River Tam would be standing above the top of the crowd. Holding Harry Potter's wand.

Ooh! Another reason why HP would lose... (book seven spoiler)
(He already died once. Wouldn't be tough for it to happen again.). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oooh, Kizyr. That's dirty, and you know it.

Surely one of these people has watched Serenity and know River Tam's safe word. All anyone has to do to disable her is say it.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Kizyr referenced this comic, but I've gotta post a link to it. It's too funny for people who don't read xkcd to miss out on.

http://xkcd.com/311/

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Pfft, if people *really* want to start pulling out heros and villans, Gakusei would win hands down.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Werefrog wrote:Kizyr referenced this comic, but I've gotta post a link to it. It's too funny for people who don't read xkcd to miss out on.

http://xkcd.com/311/
That was cute, but the centrifugal-force one linked to in the highlights at the bottom was to die laughing from. Thanks! :D

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I read all of xkcd in the last two days. Many of them had me laughing. "What's so funny?" Oh nothing...

Laughing on vacation is fun. XD

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

kyle1992
Red Dragon Priest

Post by kyle1992 »

typically i don't care who wins. I just want to kickback, relax, and watch these guys kill each other. Anybody got some popcorn? :lol:
"may you go with god's protection"-Nicholas D.Wolfwood

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Oh shoot. I didn't know you guys started talking about xkcd. Yeah, it's great. It's probably my favorite webcomic right now. It's just so well written. Makes up for the stick-figure art.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

If we're bringing in other people, let's not forget about my ladyfriend.

"Althena's Light, Shine Forth!"

Cole is about as tough as Zophar, so we can assume Althena's Light would banish him (he is a demon...) to the same place Zophar went. If a god can't rematerialize from that place (for several thousand years, at least!), it's a safe bet a demon can't either. Gods>Demons. Everyone else dies in the tremendous blast that unmakes creation to create it anew (with a nuclear winter in the meantime). :)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

But... Lucia could only beat Zophar with the help of Hiro and the others.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

That's cause she flinched.

Althena, using the same power, beat Zophar on her own. (And decimated the planet she was on, but she did 'win'...if sending the planet into an ice age can be called winning.)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Angelalex242 wrote:If we're bringing in other people, let's not forget about my ladyfriend.

"Althena's Light, Shine Forth!"

Cole is about as tough as Zophar, so we can assume Althena's Light would banish him (he is a demon...) to the same place Zophar went. If a god can't rematerialize from that place (for several thousand years, at least!), it's a safe bet a demon can't either. Gods>Demons. Everyone else dies in the tremendous blast that unmakes creation to create it anew (with a nuclear winter in the meantime). :)
In Season 5 Cole wasn't a Demon anymore. He was something else entirely, and more powerful. Not to mention, if he can come back from the place when vanquished demons are banished to, he can come back from ANYWHERE.