19%

Total votes: 21

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Battle Royale

Post by Angelalex242 »

Pick the winner.

Jian knows Kung Fu. It's gotta be the shoes, man, its's gotta be the shoes. And he's got some Black Magic. And in his game, his party members are nigh on useless half the time! And he has to deal with shoddy breakable equipment. And he travels in a mere party of 3.

Alex, last of the True Dragonmasters. A young man with the power of love on his side. And an Ocarina.

Hiro, just an adventurer. But he, more then the other 3, is most capable of wielding the power of humanity. And the whole series is about, "Humanity, YAY!" The other contestants rely, at least in part...on either dragon power or Goddess power.

Dyne, easily the oldest and most experienced of this group. And age and experience can count for a lot...in every genre but RPGs. Still, he has the same tools Alex does, magically and physically. Travels in a party of 4 rather then 5.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

That's easy, Hiro.

He didn't even need the power of a Dragonmaster to defeat the ultimate evil. He and his comrades did that on their own--something Lucia or Althena couldn't even accomplish. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Alex.

He took down Ghaleon, who enslaved a god, and we pretty much get from EB that he could have probably taken Zophar.

Besides, Ghaleon let Hiro and company beat him.

Alex honestly beat him.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

I gotta say Hiro, He just seemed to be the strongest out of the 4 of them

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Roas Atrades wrote:Alex.

He took down Ghaleon, who enslaved a god, and we pretty much get from EB that he could have probably taken Zophar.

Besides, Ghaleon let Hiro and company beat him.

Alex honestly beat him.

Now wait just a minute... I don't think it's quite fair to compare each Ghaleon. I mean, TSS Ghaleon was evil, and I figure evil must've clouded his judgment (evil in the "I'm justified in all I do" sense). EB Ghaleon had an entirely different motive, but I always saw him as being much stronger. Perhaps that's simply my point-of-view, however.

But, I don't think Ghaleon could've taken on Zophar himself. Otherwise, he would've aided Hiro far more than just giving them the strength to continue fighting onward. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Now wait just a minute... I don't think it's quite fair to compare each Ghaleon. I mean, TSS Ghaleon was evil, and I figure evil must've clouded his judgment (evil in the "I'm justified in all I do" sense). EB Ghaleon had an entirely different motive, but I always saw him as being much stronger. Perhaps that's simply my point-of-view, however.

But, I don't think Ghaleon could've taken on Zophar himself. Otherwise, he would've aided Hiro far more than just giving them the strength to continue fighting onward.

But Ghaleon still let threw the fight against Hiro and co. If he had gone all out, I think he would have wiped the floor with him.

And going by SSSC and EBC standards, Ghaleon looks about the same strength in both.

Also, if you maxe out Alex lvl wise in TSS and SSSC, you really don't need the rest of the party. You could solo the whole end of the game with Alex. I got Hiro pretty high, and he could not really solo that well :) granted, two different games, but I think a pumped Alex would have done an even better job against Zophar than Hiro.

Now, I'm no Hiro hater, I just think Alex is stronger.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Go Alex!!!!!
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

I'm for Alex. Honestly, Hiro (kinda cliche) didn't seem much like a real hero to me. When he set out on his journey, it seemed like he was trying to win the favor of Lucia. Yeah, he'd always been into adventures, but not really the "saving the world" type of adventures. Just the "learning new things" type of adventure. I do have some general blehs about L2, I guess, but I dunno... I think Alex was a lot more passionate and virtuous than Hiro.

I wanted to vote for Dyne, too, but I guess we just don't know enough to base a real judgment. He did go down as the greatest dragonmaster ever, but then Alex came in, and from there, it's arguable.

yeah... not taking anything away from the other guys (i love Hiro's triple sword move and he's definitely a funny guy), but my vote is definitely for Alex. =D

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I'm for Alex as well. I don't know that he needed to be a Dragonmaster to do what he did, he just wanted to be one and to become stronger. Even though Hiro wasn't a Dragonmaster he still had to become stronger as well. I see what people are saying, but I still believe that Alex could take Hiro any day. I think maybe people underestimate Alex because of his more quiet demeanor too.

I didn't choose Jian because I think most any of the side characters from the "real" Lunar games could whoop him, so he wouldn't stand a chance against Alex, Hiro or Dyne.

I think Hiro would be a close second to Alex and maybe even tie with Dyne because I do feel a good point was made about how he wasn't a Dragonmaster and still saved Lucia and Lunar. I also think they're tied because Dyne while he may not be as powerful as Hiro (although there's no real way to prove any of this) has wisdom over him and I think he could use that to his advantage.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEX ALEXALEXALEXALEXALEXALEX! WHOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTSSS!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

woot! I started the Alex rally!

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

No! Hiro's losing the battle! Well, they're tied now, so I gotta fight back here.

Roas Atrades wrote:But Ghaleon still let threw the fight against Hiro and co. If he had gone all out, I think he would have wiped the floor with him.

And going by SSSC and EBC standards, Ghaleon looks about the same strength in both.

Also, if you maxe out Alex lvl wise in TSS and SSSC, you really don't need the rest of the party. You could solo the whole end of the game with Alex. I got Hiro pretty high, and he could not really solo that well Smile granted, two different games, but I think a pumped Alex would have done an even better job against Zophar than Hiro.

Well, consider my original point that Hiro didn't need the power of a Dragonmaster to prove himself. Now, by the end of SSS/TSS, Alex, like Laike, had effectively lost his Dragonmaster abilities. Hiro, what he has is all self-driven, nothing divine.

So Alex could best Hiro if he still held onto the power of a Dragonmaster, but since he lost it, and isn't as strong as he was before the end of TSS (which is, granted, stronger than Hiro), Hiro would end up the better of the two. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Well, consider my original point that Hiro didn't need the power of a Dragonmaster to prove himself. Now, by the end of SSS/TSS, Alex, like Laike, had effectively lost his Dragonmaster abilities. Hiro, what he has is all self-driven, nothing divine.

So Alex could best Hiro if he still held onto the power of a Dragonmaster, but since he lost it, and isn't as strong as he was before the end of TSS (which is, granted, stronger than Hiro), Hiro would end up the better of the two. KF

I dunno, Kiz.

Alex may lose his Dragonmaster powers, but he still has his skill with a sword. That had nothing to do with divine powers. He trained and adventured to become a skilled swordsman. In a straight up sword fight, Alex, I feel, would still have advantage.

Besides, who says Alex could not also use the power of Love and Humanity to juice himself if given the opportunity? He feels for Luna and Lunar just as strongly as Hiro feels for Lucia and Lunar.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Just as strongly? I'd think that Alex's love for Luna was considerably stronger than Hiro's for Lucia. He only knows her for a brief time, and not that well -- otherwise he wouldn't have been so taken aback by her actions; he never really understands what makes her tick. Alex, though, has known Luna his entire life, and I really think that would be a stronger, deeper bond.

But that's not what this thread is about. I'm actually leaning toward Dyne. We don't know much about him, but I think in both versions of the game he was also a magic-user before becoming Dragonmaster, so he'd be stronger as a DM than either Hiro (whose normal magic sucked) or SSSC Alex. He had sword skills too. And as far as strength of character...he didn't need to be in love to do the right thing at personal expense. Alex and Hiro want things to get done so they can go home with their girls, while Dyne no longer has a home after his adventure.

Need to think about this more before I vote. Alternate choice is Alex, of course.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Alunissage wrote:And as far as strength of character...he didn't need to be in love to do the right thing at personal expense. Alex and Hiro want things to get done so they can go home with their girls, while Dyne no longer has a home after his adventure.

Sorry for being off topic but wasn't Dyne in love or really fond of Althena too? I'm bringing this up due to the parallel between Dyne and Althena and Alex and Luna at the end of SSSC.

Also, I had forgotten that Alex was told that Dyne had been very skilled at great magic before he was Alex's age... and there's no doubting his swordsman skills... I'll have to move Hiro to third because Dyne would definitely whoop him :D

Poor Jian, he just doesn't stand a chance. :lol:

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

PrettyGirlJean wrote: Poor Jian, he just doesn't stand a chance. :lol:

Main heroes need to use some sort of weapon (usually a sword). Mr. Feets can't measure up, I guess :D

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Althena.... Loved by many.... but only one was good enough for her....

Actually, last time there was something like this, some one grabbed the stats of Hiro and Alex at level 99 and then did a comparison of the two. I think Hiro ended up winning. Bleh.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

He does. By far.

By Numbers:
Hiro>Alex>Laike

I haven't gotten Jian's level 99 numbers yet, or I'd post 'em.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, but who cares? it's not relevant, because those numbers are based on overall game balance and can't be compared. Apples, oranges, and pears. Laike was intended to be significantly stronger and faster than Alex at the time they were fighting together, and the fact that players can abuse the system doesn't signify anything.

Danni, we did have that discussion here a few months ago, but maybe you weren't around at the time. I personally strongly disagree; Dyne and Althena share an ideal (in SSSC) and have a strong bond, but it's not romantic. Why should everything be romantic? There are other relationships which are valid. I believe the flashbacks in that last scene are to underline the sacrifice of personal power and make this rather dumb philosophical choice. (I always agreed with Ghaleon on that one.) Besides, if there were a relationship like that, why would Althena turn into a baby and get left with Alex's family rather than a human of an age to continue a relationship with Dyne?

In TSS, of course, Dyne's loss of power didn't have anything to do with Althena's rebirth (that we know of) and there's no particular reason to expect a relationship.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Even though I love Hiro immensely, I'll have to cast my vote with Dyne. He had the same Dragon spells as Alex, along with sword techniques, and more spells. He was much more powerful than the other three in his prime. He'd have flattened Jian and Hiro first, in that order, and then simply outlasted Alex. If GA ever does make a Four Heroes game, maybe we'll see get to see Dyne in action. We can only hope.