Shut up Sony...

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Werefrog
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Werefrog »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:That's like saying if someone greatly popular were to crap on your chest then it'd be fine and acceptable.
Argument by hyperbole isn't the most effective, believe it or not.

And can we let this topic die already? The last five or so posts have been OT.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Werefrog wrote:And can we let this topic die already? The last five or so posts have been OT.
No reason to let it die. I'm sure Sony will give us plenty more material to work with in the next couple months.

My prediction is that they'll respond to expectations of a price cut in the PS3 after the Christmas season with some BS answer. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I dunno about a price drop, Kizyr. They're already losing a lot of money off each system. Maybe future systems will cut Blu-Ray :wink: . I would really consider getting a PS3 when the core drops to 400 hundred. I plan on installing Linux on it and using it as a media center PC. Maybe I should wait until they get all the kinks worked out before I start using it 24/7 though. Just a thought.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

There won't be a price drop for quite some time. Bank on that. Like Werefrog said, it's already loosing them quite a bit of money (like, multiple hundreds).
-G1

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Isn't the production cost $1000 for each PS3?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, somewhere around there. Not sure the exact amount.
-G1

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

Sony loses $200 ever PS3 they sell so 599 for normal one +200=799 with tax over 800

I wont be geting PS3 anytime soon
Only hope Sony has geting one in my Room is MGS4
that may not ever come out until another year

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Sony's best bet is to have that FF7 ps3-remake in the works. I can't think of anything else that'd bring back those they've lost.

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Sony's best bet is to have that FF7 ps3-remake in the works. I can't think of anything else that'd bring back those they've lost.
What that stupid rumor still flying around?
Whats # times SEnix and Sony have say that was a Tec DEMO?
Its not real
Dream on
SEnix did comment that IF they would remake FF7 for PS3 it take them 7 YEARS to do it
So for you belives that SEnix Lied at E3 calling it Tec Demo See ya in 6 years?

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Atticus wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Sony's best bet is to have that FF7 ps3-remake in the works. I can't think of anything else that'd bring back those they've lost.
Its not real
Dream on
SEnix did comment that IF they would remake FF7 for PS3 it take them 7 YEARS to do it
I didn't say they were actually doing it. I said they should for the sake of bringing people back to their side.

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Atticus wrote:
Its not real
Dream on
I didn't say they were actually doing it. I said they should for the sake of bringing people back to their side.
O sorry then just you used "remake" and not like "should do a remake" or something due to there was never a remake planed so just sounded like that
sorry
anyway I dont think FF7 could even save it really
There # ressons why gamers not going near PS3
some just due to no good games at time
others Like they dont seport the New prices
and other resson out there >>

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

I don't see why a FFVII remake is necessary, really. I mean, it's a good game, and I can't see how it would get better by being remade. It's not hard to find either, or all that old.

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

Agawa wrote:I don't see why a FFVII remake is necessary, really. I mean, it's a good game, and I can't see how it would get better by being remade. It's not hard to find either, or all that old.
And theres that point
I also hate most remakes
Lunar's Remakes for PS1 must be best ever made even tho I never goten play SStar on PS1

I really hate FF remakes too (not to be confused with Ports) FF1 remake I hated wasnt as hard and was walk in a park
And in other case Remakes sometimes ruin what fans loved about
I dont mind Ports tho After so long its nice see port for new fans things try out what founded gameing

I feel Remake just would turn FF7 in to show off thing where there waste ages makeing look great and want do much with game it self
then theres VActers o0 any RPG player of RPGs of today would know its Rare get Good Acters in USA *or were ever you may live that isnt Japan*
I could just dream how I would want Rip my ears out

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Atticus wrote:
Agawa wrote:I don't see why a FFVII remake is necessary, really. I mean, it's a good game, and I can't see how it would get better by being remade. It's not hard to find either, or all that old.

I feel Remake just would turn FF7 in to show off thing where there waste ages makeing look great and want do much with game it self
then theres VActers o0 any RPG player of RPGs of today would know its Rare get Good Acters in USA *or were ever you may live that isnt Japan*
I could just dream how I would want Rip my ears out
Well, I don't really care a huge deal, but I guess it seems like they're really marketing new FFVII games a lot now, which makes sense to me from a company's standpoint (I.E., to make money) but not from a creative standpoint. And since the creative standpoint is why I play games, it rubs me the wrong way, but it's still not something I'd feel too strongly about.

As for English voice acting, first off, a lot of the quality in older stuff is mostly from companies not caring all that much about video games and anime dubbing. Basically, the same people buy the games, and they'll buy them no matter what the acting is. Now, a lot has changed, and companies are actually going out of their way to make sure they get a professional voice actor who'll do a good job- at least, that's the impression that I'm getting.
Secondly, since (I'm assuming) you don't fluently speak Japanese, it's a lot harder for you or I to pick up on flaws in Japanese voice acting. The languages have different nuances, and despite the raw emotion you can hear, since you don't speak that language you don't pick up everything. So, saying Japanese voice actors are better than everyone else is a fairly biased statement, since you can't really listen to them fully.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I would be willing to bet taht at some point, SquareEnix decides to put FFVII out in some form again. Be it remake or a port to a handheld. The game was way too popular for them not to cash in on it again. They've cashed in on all 6 of the classic games. In some form, VII will be back. I bet money on it. Not that I care. I wouldn't buy it again. It was fun the first time around, but not enough to make me buy it again, likely.
-G1

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

GhaleonOne wrote:I would be willing to bet taht at some point, SquareEnix decides to put FFVII out in some form again. Be it remake or a port to a handheld. The game was way too popular for them not to cash in on it again. They've cashed in on all 6 of the classic games. In some form, VII will be back. I bet money on it. Not that I care. I wouldn't buy it again. It was fun the first time around, but not enough to make me buy it again, likely.
I remamber Rumors of Port for PSP due to Sony saything next year in 07 they wanted have like 200+ PS1 games ported to PSP
I dont remamber SEnix ever saying anything on the matter
But ya one day FF7 be back maybe next Gen I say still to soon considering its vary easy find copys of PS1 game I walk in pawn show BAM there it is
As for English voice acting, first off, a lot of the quality in older stuff is mostly from companies not caring all that much about video games and anime dubbing. Basically, the same people buy the games, and they'll buy them no matter what the acting is. Now, a lot has changed, and companies are actually going out of their way to make sure they get a professional voice actor who'll do a good job- at least, that's the impression that I'm getting.
Secondly, since (I'm assuming) you don't fluently speak Japanese, it's a lot harder for you or I to pick up on flaws in Japanese voice acting. The languages have different nuances, and despite the raw emotion you can hear, since you don't speak that language you don't pick up everything. So, saying Japanese voice actors are better than everyone else is a fairly biased statement, since you can't really listen to them fully.
I have probelm with newer stuff not older :P
Pop in EArms for 360 sometime and ready the sword "MY ARMMMMM NOOOO AHHAHHAHAH"

Its not all bad just seems Japan RPGs now days get all bad acters most time And
No am not Fluently in Japanese and its true that is kind Biased but I do love how they talk and sound I wasted a Year trying under stand the stuff
but not much luck its hard to learn
Another resson for that is Your find am Not much of a USA lover
I feel USA is falling apart and all meaning of what USA is gone
But thats just me and that has do with long painfull storys I wather not tell...

I hold Japanese acting higher the USA Acters anytime still I like hearing them even if I can barely understand
But thats just me
I do injoy Acting in Sega CD SStar btw tho corny much better then some newer things
*mumbles Shining Tears*
Last edited by Atticus on Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Oh, they haven't said anything about it. This is more speculation on my part, based on how popular it was. If they remade 1-6, I can't imagine at some point, with this industry being in such a remake phase, that it won't be remade.
-G1

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

GhaleonOne wrote:Oh, they haven't said anything about it. This is more speculation on my part, based on how popular it was. If they remade 1-6, I can't imagine at some point, with this industry being in such a remake phase, that it won't be remade.
Wouldnt shock me if Sony was trying Pay them put on PSP tho
Tho I use my same comment saying It wouldnt save the PSP eather
But if I do remamber *hasnt been checking FF news in long time kind grow away from them more over years*
There was Some Spin off FF7 game were you play as Zack that takes place before FF7 or something along that
Havent heard much on it lately....
This FF7 spin off Crazy I feel killing more Fans then feeding them
I known # Fans got turned off by One staring Vincent

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

Sony's just taking a leaf out of Disney's book and reviving all of their best hits without actually making anything new.
Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!