Langrisser

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Langrisser

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

Is anyone here into this series? It's too bad that the only American-released game was the first one. Thank God that some diehard fans are working to translate the others, and doing pretty well. Anyway, discuss!

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I've never had the chance to play Langrisser III, but I've played the others in the series and I'm definitely a fan. My favorite from the series is Langrisser IV (Angelina rocks!)

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

I downloaded the SNES game with a rough translation one time, and it would have been fun if I could understand what the lady in the beginning was saying.
I'd really like to play more of the series; I've heard there are several games, and they look like they'd be good. I have a "Legend of Langrisser" artbook of Satoshi Urushihasha's (if I got his name right this time) work, and it's beautiful. However, there is a serious downside to it, and anyone who has seen any of his stuff will know what I'm talking about.

Isn't "Growlanser Generations" based off that series? I really wanted the limited edition crap, but I don't even have a PS2. It's by Working Designs, you know. All I've seen is the box, but I'd know that artwork anywhere.

EDIT: Since Imperial Knight posted while I was writing my reply; I did notice your avatar.
Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Rimmie wrote: Isn't "Growlanser Generations" based off that series? I really wanted the limited edition crap, but I don't even have a PS2. It's by Working Designs, you know. All I've seen is the box, but I'd know that artwork anywhere.
The Langrisser and Growlanser series are both from the same developer (Career Soft). Also, Satoshi Urushihara was the character designer for both series, and Noriyuki Iwadare, who composed much of the music for the Langrisser series (as well as Lunar, of course) also composed the music for the first Growlanser. Given all the overlap in staff, there are certainly plenty of similarities between the two series, but they're not connected story wise, and the gameplay style is somewhat different between the two.

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

Ah, well, now I know. Thanks. "Urushihara"; almost.
Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

We have Langrisser III, but the only time we've put it in was when I got an Asian Saturn and wanted to make sure it worked. Keep meaning to get to it someday...

Urushihara's art can be a bit over-the-top to me, and I found when I got the Growlanser Character Collection that he recycles a lot of elements from his character designs. Not that they're bad, they just end up having a sameness to them after a while.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

I reccomend just starting at Warsong for Sega Genesis. Then get Langrisser 2, which has a pretty good english translation around. I can give the link to a site if anyone's interested.

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

I never heard of it but looked up
tactical role-playing game looks lovely :P
from what read only 1st one come out as Warsong? right? (of couse I meaning to USA not other areas >>)
I have look for game and see about find others
Look fun :P

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Yeah, the first one was the only one to make it to the US, and it was titled "Warsong". One of my favorite games to date. It's truly a lost gem.

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

DragonmasterAndy wrote:Yeah, the first one was the only one to make it to the US, and it was titled "Warsong". One of my favorite games to date. It's truly a lost gem.
I say I never heard of it and thats rare for me RPG wise
But cant know everthing
I still get hear titles now then...
I have really look in to it some time After I get SStar and EArms done
But am also Way behind in my Tales games ><
The work the work ><

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Haha, I see. Yeah...playing games takes a lot of work. People think it's just like..stupid crap that fries your brain. It actually helps further DEVELOP your brain..in my opinion, at least.

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

DragonmasterAndy wrote:Haha, I see. Yeah...playing games takes a lot of work. People think it's just like..stupid crap that fries your brain. It actually helps further DEVELOP your brain..in my opinion, at least.
There been test show high % gamers much better doing alot Math and Problem solveing then those dont
Hard core gamers spend insane amount time doing Problem solveing then normal guy would
but Jack-O thinks diffently him and his "OMG YOU PLAYED A GAME YOUR INHUMAN MONSTER LOOK HE GOTS A GUN! HELP!"

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

:lol:
Games don't make people kill people. Neither does music. Anyone who believes that is an utter cretin. People that kill people are already like that in their mind. A game, or band did not drive them to be that way.

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

Dont know if heard of Jack but hes fine belive in it and well
I hope gets gaged raped
robed
burned
and throw hell
but thats just me :P
He makes gameing sound like you Poke it and BAM your holding gun with someone dead on ground
Hes vid him
Hear how he talks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkHtgRxBfKA

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Alright..well..I hope Jack Thompson's nuts get curb stomped...and he gets lit on fire, whilst being raped by seventeen homeless women. That's my two cents.

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

DragonmasterAndy wrote:Alright..well..I hope Jack Thompson's nuts get curb stomped...and he gets lit on fire, whilst being raped by seventeen homeless women. That's my two cents.
I wather it be Gays unless hes gay then Women fine
But just how he talk acts like its illness that spereds killing

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Dude, video games don't make you kill people. He's a retard. That kid was gonna shoot someone anyway.

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

DragonmasterAndy wrote:Dude, video games don't make you kill people. He's a retard. That kid was gonna shoot someone anyway.
What you think I belive this -Dragon Diamond-?
I think misunderstanding me then

I think hes full -Dragon Diamond- really
Jack what we call as "News Wore"

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

I don't think you believe him. I just simply feel the need to re-state my opinion over and over because he's an irritating prick.

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

So true
I find him be Icon for those blame others for problems of world

and am I only one noted that my post had magic words changed to "Dragon Diamond"? *Or I didnt note was auto done when it was postd*
Nice joke to start Silver Star

Test -Dragon Diamond-
Edit: Test proves its auto done lol Dragon Diamonds to bad isnt any more Dragons huh lol