Gamecube difficulties

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Gamecube difficulties

Post by Sonic# »

Ah, this is difficult.

My brother was given charge of my Gamecube while I was at college. Coming home, I've found out that it's having trouble loading games. To be more specific, whenever it starts up with a disc inside, it does a couple of false load noises (sounds like it'll go, but doesn't), and then goes to the default screen, saying there's no disc in there.

It has had a few bumps in the past, and I think one of these must've adversely affected it. It will eventually start after about ten minutes of opening and closing the disk drive, but that's very tedious.

So, the question is, what exactly's wrong, and what can I do about it?

Strangevision
Lann Fisherman

Post by Strangevision »

I'd go here and read the Lens Calibration Guide. I personally have not had problems such as yours w/ my GameCube, but I had very similar difficulties w/ my PS2. The lens was dirty.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecub ... 15781.html
Mega Magic Flame!

Accepting donations. :)

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Yeah, or go to a GameStop and buy a can of air.... they work REALLY well for spraying stuff out of your system and cleaning it, without you ever having to actually take apart your system.
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

I had that problem with my GC a while back, and I never really fixed it...
If you're out of ideas and you're loaded, you could buy a Game Cube...since hitting it never solved anything for me. :twisted:
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I stopped at a Gamestop yesterday, and asked if they had any lens cleaner, since the FAQ Strangevision found mentioned trying that first. The guy said he wasn't sure one existed for the Gamecube, with the mini disks and all. The aircan sounds like a good idea though, since I know I have some. After that, I'll try fiddling with taking it apart. :D

Thanks!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time