Breath of Fire III?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Will Flausmier
Nanza Bandit
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80
Location: Playing a flute for a while as a certain emerald vixen dances in front of me

Breath of Fire III?

Post by Will Flausmier »

Anyone hoping they do a US version for the PSP? (They've already done one for the JP PSP.)
This is my emerald haired vixen, mine I tell you.... Oh , don't tell her bout this pic k? She might either hurt..or ..slim chance though... love me for it.

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Heck yes, I hear they're bringing that one stateside. Great game. Unfortuneatly I also heard that they won't release Suikoden I/II stateside because Konami's too lazy =[[[[ I'd really really much prefer Suikoden to BoF, cause II is the best game I've ever played...
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

I think it would be nice if they ported it, but I wouldn't count on it. I really enjoyed BoF3, but Breath of Fire is not one of the more popular series, and the last installment got mixed reviews (it seemed half the people loved it and the other half hated it) so I doubt the chances of it being brought over are that good.

Personally I'm indifferent since I already have the PS1 version and I have too many games backlogged to make playing a port worthwhile, but if there are people out there who haven't played the original and want to play the PSP version, it would be nice if someone localized it.
Last edited by Rune Lai on Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Unfortuneatly I also heard that they won't release Suikoden I/II stateside because Konami's too lazy =[[[[ I'd really really much prefer Suikoden to BoF, cause II is the best game I've ever played...

That's friggin' retarded. They already have both games translated. It'd be an easy release, and I'm sure it'd sell good enough to turn profit. And I'd much prefer Suikoden to Breath of Fire as well.
-G1

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by HiroOne »

You know, all those great SNES RPGs I've really never played them.. Same with most Playstation RPGs. My extent for the PSX are the Lunars and Grandias. I also played / own Dragon Warrior VII but didn't get too far in it..

With that said.. I want a list of the greatest SNES and PSX RPGs ever made so I can try them out. Who knows? I might even actually -like- them haha :B

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

DWVII is worth finishing.

Also, I have BOFIII. I never did finish it. Got caught up in leveling against lava men on crack. You can get max XP for those, and far higher levels then you've any right to have.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

With that said.. I want a list of the greatest SNES and PSX RPGs ever made so I can try them out. Who knows? I might even actually -like- them haha :B

First things first: Chrono Trigger and Zelda: ALttP. Best of the bunch on the SNES IMO.

The main SNES standouts for me (in order of preference):

Chrono Trigger
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy VI (III on the SNES)
Secret of Mana

After that, FF2, the Lufia's, perhaps the Breath of Fire games. Illusion of Gaia is a fun game, and should be really cheap. They used to have tons of them at the local GameXchange.

PS ones off the top of my head that I think are worth it:

Again, Chrono Trigger, since you can get it with FF2 on Final Fantasy Chronicles compilation. Also the Final Fantasy Anthology compilation has FFV and VI on it.

Both Suikoden's for sure. Classics.

Alundra is amazing if you like Zelda style adventure.

Elemental Gearbolt, even if it's not really an RPG. It's still amazing.

I think Final Fantasy IX is the best of the three PS FFs, but everyone has a different opinion on those.
-G1

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Angelalex242 wrote:DWVII is worth finishing.

It's also one of the longest games I've ever played, I was 60 some hours in and somewhere around 3/4 of the way through it. DQ VIII is a little shorter but a lot more fun in my opinion.

As far as Breath of Fire III goes, It's been a few years since I played through it. I remmeber the fishing mini game being more fun than the actual scenerio. Also I wouldn't rule out a US release just yet, these things take time. For example Namco is just now getting around to release GBA Tales of Phantasia which came out in Japan in 2004 (Or maybe even 2003) and has been out "a while" to say the least.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

HiroOne wrote:With that said.. I want a list of the greatest SNES and PSX RPGs ever made so I can try them out. Who knows? I might even actually -like- them haha :B

Well, Growlanser is among the best games available for the PSX (or any system, for that matter), but it's also only available in Japanese, so if you can't/don't want to import, that might not be too useful a suggestion.

To add to the list of games that G1 mentioned, I'd say Grandia (PSX) is worth playing. It shares some similarities with the Lunar series (not surprising seeing as both were developed by Game Arts). It's also quite long, which may or may not be a good thing depending on your tastes. I might be able to think of more games in a little while.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Ohhhh, yeah, I knew I was forgetting one. Grandia for sure should be on the list.
-G1

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by HiroOne »

I've played grandia 1 and 2 G1 :)

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

The sad thing is that I made sure to check all the replies to make sure Grandia hadn't been mentioned yet. I just forgot to check the original request.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Don't worry. I missed it too. :P
-G1

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

A portable Grandia would be really nice. Especially since we didn't get the one for Gameboy Color, and it looked really fun too. :(

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Well, I thought of some PSX reccomendations that haven't actually been mentioned yet.

Xenogears is often bandied about in "greatest RPG of all time" lists. I tend to think it's overrated, but still worth playing. It got a greatest hits re-release, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

If you want to give strategy RPGs a try, a good choice to start out is Final Fantasy Tactics. It's been really common since it got a re-release (to this day, it almost always seems to be available in the PSX section at GameStop, EB, etc.).

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Tactics was awesome.

Thunder God Cid, baby. Later known as Twink God Cid.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.