Almost Beaten!

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Almost Beaten!

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Well right at this very moment, I'm fighting the Time Devourer on Crono Cross. This will be the second game (if I do beat it) that I have beaten. I have a short attention span people!! And it only took me 2 weeks. o_o.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Good luck! :wink: The Time Devourer is tricky, but he's not the final boss! Pay close attention to the backgrounds you change through, it'll help you with the final boss. :wink: I LOVE Chrono Cross! Such an awesome game! ^^ I let my friend borrow it, but she moved!!! ;0; I'm upset! She took my Chrono Cross soundtrack with her too! ;-;

Oh well, I still have her Final Fantasy VII and her Sorcerer Hunters box set. xD (Sorry, a little off topic... ^^; )
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

I'm fighting the Schala one. And since when did she have blonde hair??! I got the lil music code up to black, and then he used green. He's annoying. As for the Time devourer, I actually beat him with no trouble whatsoever.

Edit: Yay! I've just beaten it. The 'real' way! Oh happy day! New Game + Time :D!

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Oooh, so you're fighting Lavos then? ^^;

This is the strategy I use for fighting him:
Wait for Lavos to cast the first element, (I believe it's yellow? O__o Not sure, I haven't played in so long!) When he casts the first element used in the chrono cross, have your characters follow up with the next elements in line. I believe it's much easier that way, and he's less likely to screw up your element arrangement. While you're waiting for him to cast the yellow element, you should have your characters defend so they're up at level eight. And always use small elements so that your level doesn't drop and Serge can use the Chrono Cross at the right time! :D

Anyway, I think that's right. ^^; I did something like that and he's wasn't so bad. :D

As for Schala's blonde hair, there's several different explainations for it. >__>; You'd be better off asking Pisces about it, he's the Chrono Cross guru! :wink:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Good Lord that was the crappiest ending ever. T-T. But, I feel accomplished now.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Did you beat him with the Chrono Cross? And out of curiousity, who was in your party? :D

You HAVE to play with New Game Plus now!! It's so much fun, and a lot easier and there's so many chances to get different endings! :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Yeah, I got the 'real' ending with Schala's speech. And I had Leena, Kid, and Serge. I wish I woulda beaten it with Riddel and Gleen, though. Cause, their my favorites.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I see, I wanna beat it with all the characters one day so I can see what they all say at the end. xD But I'll have to buy a new copy of the game and the soundtrack again off ebay! e__e Waaah! I hope my friend gets me my stuff back! I'd rather have Chrono Cross than FFVII any day! ;-;

I feel that the CC ending is sad. The song is so beautiful! ;0;
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

It's kinda sad. Specially the fact that Kid loses her friend. T-T. Leena says that she'll have a new place in her heart for the Nate that died in Another world, if that helps any. Muhahah! I'm all powerfull!! I can kill the Mother komodo in 1 hit >;3

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Chrono cross was a great game, but I never did evolve Pip properly. Oh well. I got to level '99' and that was the end of it.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

I keep meaning to get back to the New Game +, but I lent my copy to a Chrono Trigger fan, and have yet to see it again. Still, it was a fairly good game, and the music and graphics were drop deap gorgeous.

Did anyone else get scared stiff by the Sea of Time? Those creepy girls in the red dresses really got to me.

yroc
Lyton Singer

Post by yroc »

Chrono Cross was one of my favorite rpgs to play.

However, I didn't really like the New Game+ idea. I mean, I like the fact that you keep all the items you found and earned but the challenge and the difficulty of the game is gone, now that you can just plow through the game.
But hey, that's just me.

As for the girls in the wedding dress, I used traps on them for their elements :D.

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

I hated them.. o_o. They murdered me. I was particularly afraid of the Dead Sea, I actually think it was pretty cool. But, seeing all the Dragoons frozen in time gave me the chills. Didn't Riddel die in The Home World? Because I can't recall seeing her other person.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

I think Riddel may have died as well, or maybe she is hiding somewhere. But man, the Dead Sea was really creepy. The music helped with the creepy factor. And not only were the red ladies in dresses creepy but really annoying. "Hello, I am tragedine B, my greatest accomplishment is... VOLCANO! Nice to meet you."

yroc
Lyton Singer

Post by yroc »

Yeah, everyone died there except for Glenn's brother (forgot his name).

And I have to agree with Zophar. Having to sit for 5 minutes going through the introductions and then having them pummel you spell after spell before you can attack was annoying.

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

They spoke different languages too! And they told us their ages. o.o;;