Rogue Galaxy (PS2)

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Rogue Galaxy (PS2)

Post by Sonic# »

I've been pawing at the window in game stores, looking at all the things I can do come Spring Break. This game caught my eye, and the reviews I read (that I feel like I can trust) generally paint a positive picture. It sounds a little like a cross between Star Ocean and Skies of Arcadia (pirates + space = woo!). Has anyone played it? Is it good? Is it difficult?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Masked_Jester
Meryod Yokel

Rogue Galaxy

Post by Masked_Jester »

Aye, I have played it for a good 10 hours before I had to return it. Its really an extremely fun game if you are a fan of the Dark Cloud Series. Leveling weapons so you can synthesize to a more uber form, getting items for a chart of your skills to unlock more. The only downside is....the combat system relies HEAVILY on you spamming healing items. You will want a TON of healing items on you at all times. It took me so much anger and frustration to realize that bit. For if you dont, you will die...so fast....it will make your head spin. Other than that its fun, loads of stuff to do, mini-quests, gimmicks, the works. I suggest it if you enjoy Dark cloud (and 2).
To notice the mask is no feat. But to see beyond it requires true skill.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Rogue Galaxy is an awesome game, deffinetly a keeper. It's true that the combat in this game can get insanely hard, but that is what makes it so fun. It's an action based combat system so it can be easy to dodge enemy attacks... at times. While it is true that you are going to need a lot of healing items that's kind of where you have to be careful in combat and NOT BE RECKLESS. As long as you are careful you won't run out as quickly. Another good game from Level-5.

I beat the game in about 31 hours or so and now i'm going through the extra area unlocked at the end of the game... if you thought the main storyline boss battles were tough wait till you see some of the battles in this area.