Final Fantasy 9!

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.

Fav FF9 character?

Zidane
11%
Garnet/Dagger
6%
Vivi
33%
Steiner
6%
Freya
6%
Amarant
No votes
Quina
No votes
Eiko
6%
Kuja
28%
TEH MOOGLES!!!!
6%
Blank
No votes
The other Tantalus theives
No votes

Total votes: 18

Dying_Soul93
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Final Fantasy 9!

Post by Dying_Soul93 »

Ok, I just got my FF9 game, I've played it, it rocks, I'm farther than Kemana even though she's had the game longer XD (I'm on Disc 3 out of 4 total, she's still on Disc 1, I've had it for about a month, she's had it since new years XD )

.....So I had to post a topic about it!!! It's aweosme!!!
"Fate cannot be changed" -Neji Hyuuga

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Everyone loves Vivi. He's so cute

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

FF9 is a good game, but i think FF7 is better.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Dragonmaster Dyne wrote:FF9 is a good game, but i think FF7 is better.
O.O
*explode*
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

First I like FF9 when my sis let me play it...like 5 years ago. Then I got FF7, loved it, and beat it. Then I got FF9 for myself about 2 years ago. I hated FF9 after about 2 or 3 hours into the game. Just last year I picked it again and it was love all over again.

To make my point, I ended up loving FF9 more than FF7. And Vivi is ADORABLE! But Kuja will always be a my favorite. *people stare oddly* What? So what if I like Kuja x100000 times better than Sephiroth? *run away*

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Don't worry... this is lunar-net. Not liking Sephiroth (or FF7 for that matter) is considered a plus in our book.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Yes, and I'm glad of that because If I was anywhere else I'd be getting chewed out by the rabid Sephiroth fans. :roll:

Masked_Jester
Meryod Yokel

Post by Masked_Jester »

Hehe..I love FF7 quite extensivly, but im not a "rabid Sephiroth fan" per-se. But i would probably enjoy FF9 a lot more if my discs werent broken. T.T. I second the vivi=amazing though.
To notice the mask is no feat. But to see beyond it requires true skill.

Iga
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Iga »

Jenner wrote:
Dragonmaster Dyne wrote:FF9 is a good game, but i think FF7 is better.
O.O
*explode*
I thought the same thing...

Yeah, FF9 was a great game. I still need to beat it, but I'm too busy with other games right now. And who doesn't like Vivi? :D

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Werefrog wrote:Don't worry... this is lunar-net. Not liking Sephiroth (or FF7 for that matter) is considered a plus in our book.
but we must always remember not to dislike either simply for the sake of it! I actually haven't played FF7 and i think all of the fans going on and on killed it for me. Same reason it took me so long to play the original pokemon games.

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Whereas fanboys have totally demeaned the name of final fantasy VII, it is a GREAT game. Final fantasy IX was pretty awesome. But I didn't like it as much as some of the other ff games. I liked FFVI (FFIII for SNES btw) the BEST and FFIV (FFII for SNES) is right up the alley. Ten was mediocre. It was too modern and lost the feel. Fanboys obliterated the name of FF by making FFX-2 :evil: That game was disgusting.. Sephiroth is one of my favorite villains, Kuja was pretty cool too. I actually like -------SPOILER FOR BREATH OF FIRE 3-------
Liked Teepo from BOF3, he was awesome.
-------------------------------------------------
Fou-Lou From BOF4 Was really cool. A very upostanding villain.

Hmmm, I have seen a love-hate relationship between lunar and FF7 per-se. Like people who love ff7 hates lunar and vice-versa. I love both :D I just got lsssc. It was 60$ though :shock: I am not too far though. I am at the part where i am i the sewers chasing the guy who stole the dragon poo from Quark lol. I have read a lot o the game and know pretty much the whole story line lol.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

RPGMan wrote:Whereas fanboys have totally demeaned the name of final fantasy VII, it is a GREAT game.
I disagree. I also don't think I'm a fanboy just because I don't like the abundance of FMVs and a storyline with twists more insulting than M. Night Shyamalan movies

As for the love hate thing... the majority of FF7 fans haven't played Lunar. However, I feel that most people here have played FF7. Heck, it was my first RPG. I enjoyed it enough at the time to get into the genre. But I realized after I played other games, that there were much better RPGs out there. I really don't hate the game. I hate the amount of attention it gets paid relative to other games.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Werefrog wrote:
RPGMan wrote:Whereas fanboys have totally demeaned the name of final fantasy VII, it is a GREAT game.
I disagree. I also don't think I'm a fanboy just because I don't like the abundance of FMVs and a storyline with twists more insulting than M. Night Shyamalan movies
I interpreted that comment differently. I thought he meant that fanboys who absolutely adore FF7 above everything else, declare FF7 to be the greatest game ever made, and are annoying about it, are the ones who demeaned the name of FF7. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Yeah, based on context that is probably true, Kizyr. Honestly... I didn't read the post before his which would have made it much clearer. Opps.

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Kizyr wrote:
Werefrog wrote:
I interpreted that comment differently. I thought he meant that fanboys who absolutely adore FF7 above everything else, declare FF7 to be the greatest game ever made, and are annoying about it, are the ones who demeaned the name of FF7. KF

Bingo :wink: It's allright werefrog, just a little misscommunication. I am not a fanboy of FF7, But I do put it on my top 10, if not top 5, it was a great game in my eyes. The character development was adriot ass well as the storyline. They had plot twists, deaths and all that. I personally liked the FMVs, It was nice. If the graphics were better that would be nice, but meh what can i say :)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Yeah, I was just a little tired when I wrote that (even though it was around 4:00 pm my time...)

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Lol, trust me I know the feeling :wink:

Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Grey Fox »

Steiner made me giggle so much that he won my heart as my most favorite character. Plus he reminded me a lot of Inspector Zenigata from Lupin the 3rd.
No ma'am...no your computer isn't broken, you are...

Dying_Soul93
Lostest Boy

Post by Dying_Soul93 »

Werefrog wrote:Everyone loves Vivi. He's so cute
I know, Right?! *Glomps Vivi* >w<
Steiner made me giggle so much that he won my heart as my most favorite character.
Well, Steiner's too funny not to love!

...He and Beatrix make a good couple, gotta love the love letter scene ^.~
"Fate cannot be changed" -Neji Hyuuga

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

The rage is cooled. I can type now, without slaughtering hundreds.

I'll excuse you kid, 'cause you don't know, but if you've actually been in this community longer you'd know I absolutely LOATHE Final Fantasy 7 with every fiber of my dark, cold, uncaring soul.

FF7 was absolute crap, it was, in my opinion, a step in the wrong direction for video games and the main cause for the horrible decline in truly good video games (especially rpgs) that we've had.

Compared to the blushing, kneeling, jumping, and stomping of the 2 dimensional sprites in ff6(3) ff7's characters seemed cold, stagnant, and aloof. Many of them were only the most tastelessly offensive stereotypes.

The current trend now is to IGNORE good storytelling and instead just cram too much story (Xenosaga) or not enough story (FF10) in between gregariously elaborate and visually appealing cut scenes. While, these are beautiful and provide emotion, the perfect game provides BOTH beautifully rendered cutscenes and enthralling story as well as recognizes and develops each character individually making them truly unique and interesting characters. (*coughLunar:EBcough*)

Anymore it is like information about this character if just stuffed down your throat, introduced awkwardly, and leaves you feeling like you do not really know the character even though you know everything about them. It's not enough, for me, for a character to just look and be badass, they have to BE, and be appealing.

Where's my Legend of Dragoons? My Suikodens? My Grandias? My Lunars? My Old School Breath of Fires? My Valkyrie Profiles? My Phantasy Stars?

Current RPGs SUCK ASS. And FF7 is the most suckass of them all, because it's all FF7's fault.
Well y'know what, I'm not gonna fall for it, I'm not going to pony up my money to vomit. I have never been more offended in my life then I was by FF7 and what it, and it's ilk, has done for the gaming industry as a whole. FF7 and it's praisers and fans can go eff themselves and be lovely lil' media whores wallowing in this sickenly polluted gaming industry. I'll be over here, savoring proper entertainment provided to me by game designers who still know what good is.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.