mario talk

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

mario talk

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

which mario platformer do you like most and why?

for me, it is SMW. it came with the snes and i consider it the best launch title ever. this time it FELT like a world. it was all connected and you could return to wherever you want. yoshi is a major plus as well. not to mention great level design. anyone remember how beautiful but dull several level in NSMB were? i blame super simplicity and seemingly rushed level design. SMW was also littered with lovable secrets. remember the excitement when you found a new level exit or even more when you discovered the star road?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Super Mario World is still my favorite as well. Same with A Link to the Past. When it comes to Nintendo's top two big name franchises, they did very well on the SNES. I didn't mind NSMB, but SMW and probably at least two of the three NES Mario's were better IMO.
-G1

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

it's REALLY refreshing to get a response on the subject of the best mario and not have to read "mario 3. no explanation required."

then again, i would definitely trade the yellow cape for the tanooki suit. perhaps mario 3 wins when it comes to cool items. i DO have to wonder why the kuribo shoe is so loved, though...it was in ONE level and only part of it.

quick question....did ANYONE enjoy world 7?

prinnie dude
Nanza Bandit

Post by prinnie dude »

I'm actually playing Super Mario World right now, and I love it! Although the platformers can be pretty challenging some times, maybe even frustrating. Takes a lot of practice to get good at it, that's for sure. :lol:

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Super Mario Bros 3 is my favorite, but I'll give an explanation for it. :wink:

The crazy costumes were really the best in this installment. The bear suit, the frog suit, the hammer bros suit... and yes, that shoe costume was awesome, because it was so left-of-center and unexpected. Super Mario World was fun, but I honestly think it was a little too big. SMB3 was a tighter game, and it wasn't overloaded with too many obscure secrets.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Super Mario Bros 3 is my favorite, but I'll give an explanation for it. :wink:

The crazy costumes were really the best in this installment. The bear suit, the frog suit, the hammer bros suit... and yes, that shoe costume was awesome, because it was so left-of-center and unexpected. Super Mario World was fun, but I honestly think it was a little too big. SMB3 was a tighter game, and it wasn't overloaded with too many obscure secrets.
OH #)(@% I GOT THE SHOE!

Kuribo's Shoe will always be the best power-up ever conceived. No wonder its awesomeness had to be confined to just one level. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

I actually liked SMB2.. I was playing Mario party 4 recently with my nephew, it's pretty fun.
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

you mean Doki Doki Panic? :lol:

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Super Mario USA gets too much hate around here. Was it as good as Mario 3 or Mario World? No. Did it make a lasting contribution on the Mario universe? Yes. Without Mario USA there would be no Shy Guys. No Shy Guys means no Yoshi's Island.

Then again... no Yoshi's Island means no Yoshi's story...

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

hey i loved SMB2. i'm surprised you chose Shy Guys. Birdo came from that game and is superior in my opinion.

i like to call it the original Super Princess Peach since it seemed like 99% of the people who played it chose her 99% of the time.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:it's REALLY refreshing to get a response on the subject of the best mario and not have to read "mario 3. no explanation required."
This is much more fun when they says it's Zelda 2.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

SMB2 was a fun game, despite that it was basically a non-Mario game in disguise. And yeah, B_G, Princess Toadstool's floating ability was too cool not to use regularly.

And on a related note, I think there should be a Mario Paint 2 on the Wii or the DS.

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Mario paint, I can't believe I forgot that.. it was awesome! My sister would get pissed playing the fly swatting game. That's a sweet idea, they should have something like this on the Wii and have some sort of cheaper drawing tablet for the Wii, I'd love that.
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

i used to be awesome at the fly swatting game.