StarCraft II = Godly

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Ozone
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

StarCraft II = Godly

Post by Ozone »

The trailer has been out for about a week now, and it looks AMAZING. Go check out the trailer and gameplay demo on YouTube (because it takes way too long to download from the StarCraft II site) and be in awe.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

When are they gonna finish the Terran and Zerg sections of the site already? I'm still waiting for that... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

OMFG :shock: another starcraft?! :D I absolutely loved it for the comp. I will have to see the trailer tonight.
Success is measured not by the number of trials you overcome, but the difference you can make with what you have learned from them.~rpgman~
A single rose cna be my garde, a single friend my world ~I dunno~

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

The trailer is here, and yeah, it's a pretty awesome.

There's also some gameplay footage here. And yeah, it looks great.

I'll probably pick it up, but I'm most likely in for a world of frustration if I do, as I'm genuinely terrible at real-time SRPG games.

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

I used to play starcraft. I loved the game. This one looks good. I've never been good at SC but I still enjoyed playing it. I hated battle.net though. If I do buy SC2 I don't plan to play on battle.net unless I know the person, or maybe that person is from lunar threads ;)
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

it will have online play right?

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

exigence wrote:it will have online play right?
I'm not sure that Blizzard has made a game besides Starcraft Ghost (which doesn't count) that hasn't been for multiplayer purposes.

I'm assuming that they haven't updated other sections because they're not done with the Protoss yet. I've only seen Zerglings, Banelings, Reapers, Marines and Battlecruisers from the Zerg and Terran (respectively). The Protoss units are nowhere near complete either. There are too few. Colossus', Motherships, the two new forms of Dragoons, Probes, Phoenix's, and Zealots. Far too few units. They still have a lot of work to do, and the guy makes it explicitly clear that nothing is final in the demo that they showed.

Starcraft is easy, Warcraft 3 is tough. xD
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Sweet I will have to watch the trailers tonight =D PROTOS!! I love protos :P I am pretty good at rtsrpgs. I think it would be labled real time strat, being as strat rpg would be like Disgaea. <---AWESOME GAME. I have to get used to the mechanics of the game, then I get pretty good.
Success is measured not by the number of trials you overcome, but the difference you can make with what you have learned from them.~rpgman~
A single rose cna be my garde, a single friend my world ~I dunno~

Boris Moskovitz
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Boris Moskovitz »

Thank heavens. For a while, I was afraid the guys over at Blizzard would forever be doomed to sit on their asses, milking that MMORPG they call World of Warcrack.

Right now, though, I think the visuals of SCII look like crap. Instead of the grittiness of the original Starcraft, the trailers offer us a Warcraft III mod with shiny play-doh for graphics.

Of course, that's just what it looks like right now. The finished product's going to look way better than this (at least I hope so).

Still, you can bet your ass that I'm gonna waste my social life away in the name of Starcraft once again.

Take your sweet, sweet time making this, Blizzard. But you'd better make it worth the wait.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Boris Moskovitz wrote:Thank heavens. For a while, I was afraid the guys over at Blizzard would forever be doomed to sit on their asses, milking that MMORPG they call World of Warcrack.

Right now, though, I think the visuals of SCII look like crap. Instead of the grittiness of the original Starcraft, the trailers offer us a Warcraft III mod with shiny play-doh for graphics.

Of course, that's just what it looks like right now. The finished product's going to look way better than this (at least I hope so).

Still, you can bet your ass that I'm gonna waste my social life away in the name of Starcraft once again.

Take your sweet, sweet time making this, Blizzard. But you'd better make it worth the wait.
I'm actually enjoying the new graphics quite a bit. I love the way the Reapers die xD The physics system also looks pretty sweet.

PS - Banelings are going to be fun xD They're like scourges, but for the ground xD

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I almost shed tears when I found out a few weeks ago about this. You can be sure I will be another among the many to play for hours on end. Heck I'd play SC1 for hours now if I had someone to play with. I hate battlenet too because either it's a bunch of idiots who hack their game, completely disregard the "rules" they set up, or if by chance I tell them I'm female, they want me to join their guild or whatever. It's just sickening. Unfortunately, I only found a couple of people to play with me a couple years ago but then they moved on to Guild Wars and WoW respectively. No love for me T3T

If anyone wants to get together for a fun game let me know! I forgot what my login is at battlenet, but I'll make a new one or figure something out. It'd be cool to play and get used to it again until SC2 is released ^^