FFXI Trouble

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

FFXI Trouble

Post by MaroonChan »

I just got FFXI Online. I installed it and that went fine. The directions said I had to go to Play Online and register and what not, but it will not connect to my internet. I have DSL. I have no idea how to get it to. And no one in my family is really being helpful. Does anyone have any ideas?

Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Grey Fox »

Is the firewall blocking it?
No ma'am...no your computer isn't broken, you are...

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Probably part of it. I tried just disabling it to see if it was, but that did nothing. I don't know if I have to change the Network settings on the Play Online program or what. I have no idea what to do and its really frustrating. :cry:

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Oh, it was real fun trying to get FFXI to run on my computer. Usually I just turn off my anti-virus/firewal protection completely. I wish I could help you better though.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Grey Fox »

The only thing I can think of is try to allow it on whatever firewall/antiviral programs you have. If nothing else then I think PO has some kind of network troubleshooter to guide you through.
No ma'am...no your computer isn't broken, you are...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You know, I really hate Play Online. For SWG, you click on the icon on your PC, accept the user agreement, sign in, pick your character and play. A 30 second to 1 minute thing and boom, you loading the game.

FFXI you log into Play Online (which doesn't remember your info even when you tell it to auto-log-in) select the "short cut" select the game, push play, pick your character, load, then you can play the game. It's a real pain in the neck. However, load times for FFXI, at least, makes up for it.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Well, I finally well my dad did really, but we got it to connect to the internet finally. Except now it times out whenever I try to login. :cry: This is frustrating! Anyone have any idea what it is? I tried searching on Play Online, but couldn't find anything. Starting to wonder if its my computer. It played the other parts fine like for making my character. I don't know.